Yellow | Whistle Blower Protection For Trucking Employees

funny thing is i have never seen an osha inspector walk on a dock .never . we have seen them come to the terminal .go into term .managers office ,hang out ,then leave with an envelope hanging out of back pocket and then disappear until same time next year .

I'll call bull on that one, I've seen them walk the dock, I've also seen the fines for not requiring employees to wear seat belts while operating company equipment, not enforcing the no idle policy on the dock, not enforcing the speed limit in the yard..................then guess who cries when warning letters go out to be in compliance with the OSHA inspection you wanted....................

well good for you .but like ive said in the 3 large breaks ive worked at never seen one .
I worked in a couple steel fab shops in virgina and they came in twice a year and left nothing uninspected .fines were handed out and they had i think 2 weeks to comply or pay
like i said never ever seen one on a dock in stroudsburg ,kernersville or charlotte .if they went to charlotte they would probably shut the dump down .

well good for you .but like ive said in the 3 large breaks ive worked at never seen one .
I worked in a couple steel fab shops in virgina and they came in twice a year and left nothing uninspected .fines were handed out and they had i think 2 weeks to comply or pay
like i said never ever seen one on a dock in stroudsburg ,kernersville or charlotte .if they went to charlotte they would probably shut the dump down .

Last year St Louis got hit with numerous violations and fines. But that was after a call to osha from someone. Since I am always on nights I have no idea if they come on their own.

great post , & thanks for link to the Facts , time to stand up & against driving unsafe million plus mile trucks , it could be your life or some family's life in a minivan that your are saving !!!!!

Probably because there were no violations at those 3 front line terminals.................................:usa2:

:duh:oh yea my bad .you must be right .
the pieces of drag line sticking up un the air to trip over or drive skids into is probably safe . and every time it rains its like a waterfall on the dock is just fine.not to mention when it rains it runs down the poles between trailers and runs out of the electric plugs in sure is safe.
you really need to get out of your club house and smell the **** that is yrc

When I had a safety manager's job, before the merge, OSHA would come into the facilities I had on a somewhat regular basis. They notified a day of two ahead and they did look at everything. We were constantly trying to negotiate fines, which they always wrote. Some were justified and we fixed the problem(s), some where not. If you see something wrong, report it up the line. If you do not get relief, then by all means, report it elsewhere.

I did not see them but we were told OSHA came to a Holland terminal. We have to wear two pairs of rubber gloves and goggles now when fueling trucks.

if you call enough they have to walk around if you point out certain items they have to post it in the break room there findings and will schedule a follow up to make sure the company complies with fixing the problem + fines