White House walks back promise about Trump donating his ‘personal money’ to Harvey victims

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Magoo, Sep 2, 2017.

1. 20_yrs_2_go

20_yrs_2_go Well-Known Member

Interesting his press secretary says he donated but has no idea where it came from
    It's like saying you made a car payment but you don't know if it was subtracted from checking or savings

2. buffalobill

buffalobill Well-Known Member

Even more interesting is the fact that maybe she just hadn't asked, yet this skewed story tries to insinuate that she'd lied. Maybe give her the chance to ask?

jimmy g likes this.
  3. pilot87

pilot87 Well-Known Member

I agree with that.......

The issue of whether the money comes from Trumps personal account...or the Trump Foundation really doesn't matter..... The problem is if Trump says it came from himself and his own personal account, which makes him appear to be very generous, but then it becomes known it came from a Foundation which bears his name ....that would make The President a liar.... That's the issue.... Not where it actually comes from....but where the President says it comes from.... If he doesn't posses the ability to be truthful in a relatively small thing, how can he be trusted to tell the truth in larger matters....
    Do you see the point I'm making?

CCXdriver likes this.
  4. pilot87

Sure, by all means....

buffalobill likes this.
  5. Keepingon

Keepingon Well-Known Member

I agree with the point your making. I just can't understand why it even became an issue. He said he would donate a million dollars if it was going to help me I would just be thankful.

jimmy g likes this.
  6. pilot87

Unfortunately that's true...and just as unfortunate, there were people fueled by the same hate that looked for any little thing to trash the previous President.....

And it's unfortunate that the polarization is only going to get worse.... The entire system is hopelessly broken beyond "fixing"..... There is no "electing" our way to better politics, or politicians... Just endless bickering......

Keepingon likes this.
  7. Keepingon

Keepingon Well-Known Member

Your dead on with this post. When Roosevelt was President even the Press tha tdidn't like him had enough respect not to use photos of him being helped in and out of his vehicle or wheelchair. Now they attack the children and spouses of Presidents and we have seen it with both Obama and Trump.

pilot87 likes this.
  8. pilot87

Personally, I don't care where it comes from either, and I'm sure the people of Houston appreciate the help....even his motive, whether for political gain, or out of genuine care, wouldn't concern me......... It's much needed funds....

9. pilot87

That's so true........ Makes a person wonder what has led us down this dark path of divisiveness and deepening hate and distrust ...... And where is it taking us all....

Any Presidents family should be off limits....including Trumps...(unless they are directly involved in the administration in an official capacity) Is it possible anymore to return to more respectful times?.... I think we've crossed a point of no return.... The posts on this forum are indicative of that....

10. icuicp

icuicp Well-Known Member

There is hope. The two of you , having a civil exchange without exaggeration and name calling. This will help. This is what's needed. Disagree , but at least be reasonable an adult about it.

P.S. - The Texas governor is in a wheelchair and it doesn't seem to be an issue.
    [​IMG]

Barron Trump was attacked recently and Chelsea Clinton came to his defense.

Trevor Noah defended the First Lady for wearing her high heels on the way to Houston.

The sky isn't falling despite what some say.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
    Keepingon and pilot87 like this.
  11. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

All this agreeing is no good for Trucking Boards!
    Now cut that out! :bat:

pilot87 and icuicp like this.
  12. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

It's the Constitution.

Actually, Col David Crockett (Davey Crockett, who died at the Alamo) gave a speech on 'It's not their money to spend. Excellent story.

https://fee.org/resources/not-your-to-give-2/

And: Thomas Jefferson and Ben Franklin believed NO Bill should be approved for anything unless it took a year of debating first.

13. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

That's how Obama care was upheld. First by Justice Roberts. Later by McCain and his toadies.

14. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

just wait until you see the Harvey Relief bill
    the word on the street is it will have a $2 trillion debt ceiling increase on it

15. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

Yep. That relief bill will contain money to study the length of the frog penis.

16. icuicp

icuicp Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Spending , spending , no ending , ending , ending.

Magoo and Northern Flash like this.
  17. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

Our Congress has become addicted to spending, and they're doing it to buy votes back in their districts at the expense of ALL tax payers. Both parties are guilty of it and it's gotten out of control. There is (maybe) 5% of Congress that even gives two shitz about controlling spending. Their only objective is to secure votes for their next election.
    Term limits is the only cure.
    I know......:off topic:

18. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

Then get your wallet out for Irma and Florida, Ga, SC, NC , Virginia , Maryland, Delaware N.J. NY. possible Conn, Rhode is. Mass, NH. and Maine.

They gave to Texas now the rest are lining up.

What did I tell you about Global warming?

I said I could care less if you believe it or don't just give us your wallet.:abnormal:

pilot87 likes this.
  19. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Your statement sums up the Global Warmist Agenda. Doesn't matter that man made climate change has been proven to be a hoax, they just want power, control, and all of our money....

Northern Flash and Bubba74 like this.
  20. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

because the Irma coverage is wall to wall, you cant help seeing in
    yesterday, I was told of several paths this hurricane could take
    So what you are telling me is that they can tell me the climate in 20, 30 40 years but cannot tell me the path the hurricane is going to take tomorrow?

I know there are other factors like air pressure, water temp etc....... that make the models variate, yet all those don't matter when predicting c the climate in 20, 30, 40 years?

Jimmys right summed it up all about money, power and control

Northern Flash and jimmy g like this.