Holland | white paper

What is a white paper local mean,
I know 710 and 705 are white paper.

It is my understanding there are NO white paper locals, there are various white paper contracts. A white paper freight contract is a freight contract that is inferior to the National Master Freight Contract. Inferior in wages, work rules, pension, health coverages, vacations and other perks. I do know that, there are Local Unions that represent BOTH NMFA employees AND white paper contract covered employees. There may be some white paper Locals, but I am not aware of that for certain. Maybe somebody else on T boards can help you out better and educate me, too. Good luck.:shift:

I worked for 710 out of Chicago for 4 years and 31 years in CS. I get partial check from 710 and rest from CS for my pension. However I always thought 710 had better pay,benefits and was better run at the time I worked under their contracts ?????????//

710 always had a better pension...I have many years with them under CF and working on a ug CS....and yes there pension has been well managed at least up untill now...

thank you, i thought abf did not bargain, but agreed to the nmfa.

That is true, ABF did not negotiate. They did agree to the NMFA. That is known as a me too agreement. In the past before Holland became part of YRC, they always signed a me too agreement.

ABF city drivers in Chicago are in local 705 and they are not part of the nmfa. 705 has thier own contract and a seperate pension fund.

Guys, The NMFC pension will be worth nothing if YRC goes out. Changes have to be made somewhere...

You are correct, changes have to be made somewhere. Lets start with the board of directors throwing out that worthless piece of :::shit:: Zollars out on the street. He has been sinking this company for far to long. Until that happens, no more give backs as far as I am concerned. He just seems to want us to keep giving, how about he works for free until things get turned around. I'm sure he has some cash reserves to live on for a while, he has been stealing from the company (collecting his salary) long enough to have quite a bundle put away.

You are correct, changes have to be made somewhere. Lets start with the board of directors throwing out that worthless piece of :::shit:: Zollars out on the street. He has been sinking this company for far to long. Until that happens, no more give backs as far as I am concerned. He just seems to want us to keep giving, how about he works for free until things get turned around. I'm sure he has some cash reserves to live on for a while, he has been stealing from the company (collecting his salary) long enough to have quite a bundle put away.
I'm with ya Doogie. He should have been removed a long time ago. And many others at the lower levels of management, should have been removed also. There are very few people at the lower levels of management, that have been removed for being a failure. If Billy wanted to show that he truly wanted to turn this ship around, he would have been chopping off the heads of the failures. After shutting down as many terminals as he did, there had to be several good operation folks available to replace the failures. But, he has done nothing. That's why it seems to me that Billy is right on track for his plan of shutting us down.

My signature says it all.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: