ODFL | White Pine (MRT) update

I was talking to a driver today that run's out from there..Say'd they had purchased over 100 acres behind them&Going to add another 100+door's..Move the trailer shop over with the term&was going to build a new warehouse for the logistics division..Wow,,Bet they will be doing some hiring there..Glad to hear..Just got back in from a weekend of running..Thank God for all the freight..

Anybody got an update on MRT's expansion ?

Hey Jim, I see your on here pretty regular. I am looking at trying to hire on at this terminal if the TM don't call me back at Estes but they really won't say much about how it works if you get on with them. Will I have to team for years? Do they have single linehaul runs that I can transfer too after so long? Will I ever be able to be off weekends again if I hire on? I have lived and trucked right beside this terminal for 20 yrs and never asked for a job due to them forcing everyone to team. Currently I am a o/o with Landstar Ranger who is sick of dealing with the fuel and cost of maintaining a truck in this ever changing economy. How much does newbies usually make there? I hear lot's of good things about this company but nobody ever talks about teaming as I would think most couldn't have much good to say about that.

well my meet driver is from there. they hire alot. i know right now there are cross training there dockworkers. they do have teams but i can check with him tonight but they seem to always be hiring. you would be considered a wild driver i know guys that have been there 8 years and still dont have a scheduled run yet.

I'm retired from OD so anything I tell you will not be current.Hopefully a team driver or someone from that region will come on and give you correct info.Welcome to the OD forum,enjoy your time here.

I run out of there every new hire is required to run team until you can bid on a solo run which takes anywhere from 4 to 6 years just to get solo extra board and you usually have to work weekends unless you get paired with someone that has a mon thru fri schedule I hear there going to start hiring in the first of april

I run out of there every new hire is required to run team until you can bid on a solo run which takes anywhere from 4 to 6 years just to get solo extra board and you usually have to work weekends unless you get paired with someone that has a mon thru fri schedule I hear there going to start hiring in the first of april

Ok, thanks a lot for confirming my worst fears lol. Def gonna stay on Estes butt to give me a job lol. I couldn't bear teaming that long no matter the money.

Morristown

I'm not sure if there going to hire any p&d drivers you might call and ask that's Monday thru Friday
:6788:Morristown is going to hire about 300 more personal, dock, linehaul, city(p&d), the 100 door dock is just about done, new fuel bay on land near I-81 (large fuel bay), new mains. garage, had to get 2nd operation manager to help out the other operation manager on days. Morristown will have over 500 drivers, that I was told. It takes longer than 15 mins., to fine your loads, to drop & hook with all that room. That Morristown is something else, I run this Monday to Friday out of ATL for the last four years, I love running this bid run. It is going to be the show case of the South after its all done. So if want a :shift:job out of Morristown do not call, go to the term. and start the paper work. Its a great place to work!! I hope this helps??:1036316054:

Last edited by a moderator:
I would still check&fill out application.I don't work there but do make alot of Sat. run's there..You never know..All term's are not that way.They maybe going to change something's with all the extra hire's.just Saying..
Ok, thanks a lot for confirming my worst fears lol. Def gonna stay on Estes butt to give me a job lol. I couldn't bear teaming that long no matter the money.