FedEx Freight | White Volvo reclass pic

roogie

TB Veteran
Credits
Had some people ask for this, here she is, first white reclass I've seen.

roog

reclass.jpg

CB,
How's that a waste? Isn't it better to put the older high mileage units in the city than to buy brand new tractors for local work?

We have had lots of road units damaged here by being used in the city, my unit currently has damaged steps and previously had the fairings damaged, another driver had his tranny trashed, it happens alot, way more than it should.

FM

CORNBINDER said:
The waste of money comment is for painting them ,not putting them into the city.
Don't you think the customer should see a good looking truck instead of a beat up one?

I was thinking that this was one of the first white Volvo's that Fedex got and has gotten enough miles on it to put it in the city. I didn't think it used to be red and they painted it white. I can't see a number on it. I could be wrong and if they did paint it white, that would be a waste of funds.

it could of been an old one that was wrecked and they repainted that is the only reason the red ones were painted white

Don't think it was repainted, at first they started doing that then quickly realized as you said it would be a waste, this is probably either a high number 5000 or low 6000 series number.
They have placed several of the red ones in the city and none have been repainted.

FM

From what I've seen, we started getting white Volvos in the mid 6300 section of the numbers, R6352, R6253 are in KCY and these older style Volvos came in white.

This is a late R63xx number and it wasn't repainted, they came this way, the fairings have been removed on this one obviously.

And yes, cell phone pic into the sun, sorry about the bad pic, I need a new battery for my main digital and with my wife's new pregnancy and my 16 month old son it's not been a priority.

roog

CORNBINDER said:
The waste of money comment is for painting them ,not putting them into the city.
No tractor has been repainted exept ones that were wrecked. We actually did buy new Volvos painted white for a short time. Charlotte has a white one(re-classed) that had been red and it was wrecked, and upon repair, was painted white.

we have one r53 something with the fairings removed guy who drives it peddling loves it uses a van everyday and goes 250+ miles a day says it sure beats his old int city kitty with 350000 on it