Estes | who deserves more respect? linehaul, city, utility or hub???

i just wish they wouldnt use my truck on the weekends. im in it all week and i have to clean it up after a city driver uses it

and the best of the best can adapt to and overcome the dreaded Carolina shuffle. It will make a person less human and more like a machine.

Lol I don't do the shuffle. I tell them I don't go east in the A.M. unless its to go home. I don't like to have the sun in my eyes. That keeps me off the Carolina shuffle.

i think dispatch was a lot better when loretta and altha was there, then the crew thats in there now.

i think dispatch was a lot better when loretta and altha was there, then the crew thats in there now.

The only thing I hated about Loretta was when I had to call in to get dispatched on Sunday...She did NOT like working on Sundays...I use to wait until I got around Jackson,Miss. and call and Jim or Tim H. would dispatch me...I told them what I was doing, so they got a chuckle every Sunday night...

My vote goes to P&D! I did P&D for 6 years in Phoenix with another company before Estes, and THEY deserve the respect! They do it ALL!

You have to be clean, well mannered, quick, decisive, and drive all those miles in DAY traffic, load and unload in weird places/spots, and you may even work the dock before or after your street gig! PLUS you have to keep a tight schedule, good attitude, and know some sales! Yup, on the extra board, we have NONE of that for the most part! (or at least not to the same degree!)

As for being "out" for a week or two, oh my Gosh! If any of you ever worked for a typical OTR company, you know that 2 weeks out is NOTHING compared to MONTHS out, in a sleeper truck!!!!! The time goes by VERY fast in a week or two, and all we have to do is drive terminal to terminal, NO CUSTOMERS!

Actually, Estes XTRA Board is pure cake!!!!! :)