ODFL | who do you ask

I said what I said.I have this situation everyday.I know where I can get skds moved when I need to.Also,I use OD straps and put them together to pull stuff with.Also,I have some straps to bundle stuff to be able to move.But,the customer should have equipment to remove the freight.It's all about working your job and planning ahead for the customers you deliver to.You know when you are at a dock and you can ask that customer to move skds to rear for your next deliver stop that needs thaf freight to rear.Pallet puller are like jacks they will be gone before you know it.Also,when you move freight you wrap strap at the pallet not the freight.Not trying to be a jerk.But,we all have jobs to do and in the city you have to think on your own.What's any different than you breaking a set or hooking and you move your dolly on a hill or somewhere where it will roll.Believe I look at the situation and grab something to chock the wheel or move to a flat spot.All about thinking ahead.Our society today has lost the thinking ahead about that situition.Sad..
I used to run basically the same routes for about 13 years, at another LTL company.
I was lucky enough to get or monitor my trailer everyday. I would think my route through and I maybe took a pallet jack
A Dozen times in that timeframe. Where I work now, you had better take one with you to move the Head Load off of the back door.

I started the route I'm on in 2000 with another regional ltl carrier. Moved to OD and they said great you can have that route here too. There are days when if you have 12 dels 9 would not have a dock. Most all have fork trucks at least. Not talking residentials either. I have never left my jack behind. But it helps that it doesn't come off the truck very often. As I said before, a dock is so rare in this town that ltl drivers end up at the same places to ask for favors. And some people barely unload their own freight let alone move someone else's. I guess I'll just ask TM every time I see him when he's gonna buy some straps.