Who do you believe?

crash bandana

TB Lurker
Credits
I have been employed at new century twice. My last tenure I was originally supposed to be an independent contractor but found a few problems with my truck. I was given the opportunity to join as a local evening driver until I got my truck moving which I thought was a pretty classy move. However after coming aboard I got both union and non union sides of the story. I had been lied to by both management/recruiting and union reps. Who do you believe is telling you whats best?

Not sure how a union rep could give you an opinion on the job unless you physically spoke to one of them during the sign up process. As far as recruiting goes, I was a driver trainer for quite some time and gave it up because I refused to lie and paint a picture of " the best job for the money." Management will always tell you what you want to hear no matter where you work.

So all that time you stole wasn't a lie ? Or maybe you just didn't want your afternoon nap to be disturbed ??

Crashbandana, if you want the inside take on what you asked PM me. Darksky has a personal issue with me and it's not worth addressing over and over each and every time he gets on this site. I would be more than willing to talk to you privately or by phone to update you on what's going on.

Well no actually I left because I moved outta state. When the union approached me and told me even if I was an independent contractor I could still unionize. Darsky I hope that sleep comment wasnt directed towards me

Nope I don't know you Crash. Mark on the other hand is really good at half truths stealing time and taking naps at the truck stop on company time. And the best thing about Mark is he does not work at NCT any more for what 2 or 3 years so yea I want to take advice from a liar and a thief. I don't have a personal issue with you Mark just the bs you spread around ,,,,,,,,

Keep in mind Im neutral on this. I personally want the company and employees to thrive because its good for the industry. Why is the union in there and what wouldve been a good resolution for both sides?

crash bandana, i'm glad you moved on to a better environment. You really don't want to work at NCT. It use to be a great non-union job, this coming from a man with 28 years as a Teamster. Unfortunately over the past 7 years all the company has done is force a pay decrease with the promise of getting it back and that never happened. They also increased the out of pocket expenses for healthcare dramatically, but no pay raises to offset the employee costs. When asked about pay raises they ignored the issue along with other problems and basically told the concerned if you don't like it there's the door. They make up policy changes as they seem fit but never hold all accountable to the same standards. I can go on and on, but this is just a few reasons why the union was brought in. They had numerous chances to avoid this dilemma but chose to roll the dice instead of communicating with the employees head on. If you want to talk one on one I'd be more than happy to expand further.

And did have YRC & ABF both teamster carriers given back?? I will tell you it's much more that the 5% we gave back and the YRC drivers just gave a boat load back again so Mark really ? Tell the truth. I won't even go into the pension that is running dry shame all those old timers might be sucking wind pretty soon & what did I just hear ,,,,. Yea when the YRC & ABF drivers ha to give back the mighty IBT president just got anothe raise ! Whooooo hoooo yea I want to be a union member !

To be fair yrc shouldnt be part of the comparison nor should anyone want to. Theyve been mismanaged for a long time. New penn makes a profit every year while under yrc's umbrella. Lets not forget they did run jevic into the ground and they were non union

But you have to New Penn drivers gave back just as much as the YRC drivers etc etc, my point is the economy sucks for our business but NCT only took 5% back 1 time from all not just the drivers all 1500 gave back.

And did have YRC & ABF both teamster carriers given back?? I will tell you it's much more that the 5% we gave back and the YRC drivers just gave a boat load back again so Mark really ? Tell the truth. I won't even go into the pension that is running dry shame all those old timers might be sucking wind pretty soon & what did I just hear ,,,,. Yea when the YRC & ABF drivers ha to give back the mighty IBT president just got anothe raise ! Whooooo hoooo yea I want to be a union member !

How about the FD in Philly how's their pension program? Heard they also have problems.

Dude !!! grow some :nutkick: You don't know ??? what rock did you just clime out from ??? 4 months now and you don't know who ...seven years now without pay increase , 150 a week for medical , administrative fees for your 401K , that you pay ... And be glad the snow has come to a stop ...53 ft trailers for ltl frt in the city ... Don't hit anything ... O and what ever happen with that money the took back seven years ago ? Recruiting has a job to do ... They don't tell you need to ask ?? I KNOW ASK DARKSHINE BOY HE KNOWS ALL ....

Darkminnow is that all you got? You keep repeating yourself over and over about this lying and stealing issue. Obviously your facts were given to you by your cronies in management. Basically I proved my point with Bobblehead and Mike because they knew I wasn't stealing time. If I was, I would've manned up and admitted it. Why didn't they fire me if the accusations were true and they had proof?? Stop trying to twist the facts and face the facts! I respect your opinion of what YOU perceive based on what you were told by management, but the end result was they had no credible evidence. As a matter of fact I WAS THE ONE who suggested to pull my Qualcomm and log records to match up the times. They didn't like the idea that I chose to work all day and load up with pick ups and at the end of my day take my lunch and coffee breaks on my way in. That, my friend was the issue. They tried numerous times prior to tell me I had to take my breaks and lunch during the day but yet blatantly allowing others to do exactly what I did without saying a word. I told them unless they posted a memo for everyone to adhere to the same rules as they requested me to do then it was harrassment and I would call the labor board. Obviously they wouldn't do that memo so it was a dead issue. Think what you waqnt of me but the FACTS DON'T substantiate your personal theory.

Darkminnow is that all you got? You keep repeating yourself over and over about this lying and stealing issue. Obviously your facts were given to you by your cronies in management. Basically I proved my point with Bobblehead and Mike because they knew I wasn't stealing time. If I was, I would've manned up and admitted it. Why didn't they fire me if the accusations were true and they had proof?? Stop trying to twist the facts and face the facts! I respect your opinion of what YOU perceive based on what you were told by management, but the end result was they had no credible evidence. As a matter of fact I WAS THE ONE who suggested to pull my Qualcomm and log records to match up the times. They didn't like the idea that I chose to work all day and load up with pick ups and at the end of my day take my lunch and coffee breaks on my way in. That, my friend was the issue. They tried numerous times prior to tell me I had to take my breaks and lunch during the day but yet blatantly allowing others to do exactly what I did without saying a word. I told them unless they posted a memo for everyone to adhere to the same rules as they requested me to do then it was harrassment and I would call the labor board. Obviously they wouldn't do that memo so it was a dead issue. Think what you waqnt of me but the FACTS DON'T substantiate your personal theory.
It's not necessary for you to explain yourself! Look at what your dealing with!

STOP !!! DARKSHINE BOY you don't get it !!! Give back ???? they still get overtime ? yes ! do they pay 150 a week , MAN !!!! you are one big :fingure: A HOLE !!! You know your DADDY was in a UNION !!! So stop and start telling the truth !!!