Who is at your barn?

i work fo od in columbus,we use about 140 doors of that terminal.od sank alot of money into that terminal.plus u could land a jet airliner in the lot its so big

you boys are lucky,yall just pull up and right on in,hell them cf boys had to walk 3 1/2 miles just to start there day.......:1036316054:

you boys are lucky,yall just pull up and right on in,hell them cf boys had to walk 3 1/2 miles just to start there day.......:1036316054:

lol.i know thank god they moved the employee lot.we pull up right to are tractors jump in them and drive to linehaul dispatch or city on the back side

That seems about right. Several years ago the weather changed on me when I was about half way to my truck. I could hear water hitting the concrete, and looked behind me to see a line of rain closing in on me. I almost got my rain coat on in time.

CF Atlanta, Georgia was bought and used as a drop yard for containers/rail trailers, the dock/office and shop are still there...not sure if the sign is still up along Moreland Ave. or the red/green/white painted rock with the CF logo...

I wasn't a CF Driver, when I heard the news, I was shocked. I grew up with the company, seeing them on the interstate. I was working the dock at a regional LTL co. at the time, and actually went down to the CF terminal and took some pix as well as attending the auction at ATL...

the last time i was in charlotte nc the terminal was bulldozed to the ground i dont know what thier building thier.

Their is a large plumbing warehouse and supply now. I never worked there, but my seregant father did for almost 30 years. Always a sad thing to drive past it everyday on the way to the conway terminal. I really miss seeing all the linehaul drivers rolling in and out of the terminal everyday. I work with some old CF employees that have been with me since it closed down. Does any one know what happened to the Perue Il terminal.

The old Pocono yard (POP) is now occupied by FedEx Frt., and after POP closed I went to Newark, NJ (NWK) which is occupied by Conway.

Thanks for the info. Will let hubby know. He too had been Linehaul (12 yrs) out of POP until 1995/ closed the breakbulk. He could have gone to Newark. We said no thanks.... He did "5 Fast Easts" bid, so driving it was not the problem. I didn't want to move the family to the city, and I didn't want him to drive an hour to go to work.....He sat home for 3 weeks, and was looking to drive for Jevic Tanks out of South Jersey. A call from CF came, and offered him a spot @ CF in Daytona Beach, Fl....... We took it..... Party was over 7 years later.....

Houston texas

I work for Fedex freight and we are located in the old CF terminal at 4847 Blaffer Street in Houston. It still has the red and green stripes on the back dock building. There are two docks there but we only use the front dock, for some reason. It seems like an older dock, and it looks like it used to have a towveyor system at one time. I feel like there are a lot of history at this terminal, sometimes I wish it could talk!!! Also the old CF barn in Beaumont, Texas is now SAIA, I worked casual there back in 99. Man we had some old tractors there....cant remember the numbers, but they were old....

Heres a pic of the sign that sits on Moreland Ave at the intersection where the former CF terminal was located...
040.jpg

Nice to see what was an icon in the freight business still on the top. Hope they leave
it there. CF proud. If you did'nt work there, you don't know what I'm talking about.

Yep!!! I am always on top too!!!! Well at least once or twice a month when Barney isn't in town!!! It is sad to see the paint fading on these last pieces knowing they won't be replaced or up dated.

Well I passed by the ol' CF terminal in Atlanta, GA the other day, they replaced the sign on Moreland, where the CF was at the top, now theirs a sign for US Xpress as they have moved their terminal in btw where the former CF terminal is and the AAA Cooper terminal. Heres a recent pic of the terminal...
027-1.jpg

old dominion is now in the girard oh. term. Pitt ohio took over the toledo term.and expanded it to about 60 doors. they share it with ECM which uses it as a drop yard

Estes bought the ELI barn and had to do a whole lot of work. Pave the yard, dig up the fuel tanks and sanitation tanks and hook to city water. They tore apart the basement and made sleeping quarters for there road drivers. They also had to fence the yard in and plant trees and schrubery all around it. The new Cgi barn at 71st and Harlem is torn down along with 3m and they built a stadium over there from what I heard

Estes bought the ELI barn and had to do a whole lot of work. Pave the yard, dig up the fuel tanks and sanitation tanks and hook to city water. They tore apart the basement and made sleeping quarters for there road drivers. They also had to fence the yard in and plant trees and schrubery all around it. The new Cgi barn at 71st and Harlem is torn down along with 3m and they built a stadium over there from what I heard

I was with CF for the last 3 years of it long life. The CGI terminal still has the guard house at the 71st entrance of the soccer stadium. I go by there every now and then when I WAS with YRC (Roadway), going in between railyards.

st louis, mo hall st terminal is a pallet fixin place now. kinda junky around there. would love to see some old pictures of hall st. from back in the 70's when i worked there. just a ghost town now. evansville,ind terminal has got preimer trucking in it now. the little sattelite terminal in benton ill is gone as far as i know