Who is at your barn?

Discussion in 'Consolidated Freightways' started by cityman, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Hoosierky

Hoosierky Enjoying Life Everyday!

EVA was fun going to..NOT!! Down by the Lloyd Expressway, behind the car dealership. But at least ABF was across the street.:biglaugh:

2. imported_fedex slave

imported_fedex slave Member

Nashville, Tn is now a FEDEX Freight terminal. In a way CF still lives on there. We have a few Freightliner trucks in our fleet and CF was the company that started Freightliner. So in away CF will live on at many trucking companies.

3. Infidel

Infidel Active Member

I went down Layton Ave. today. The old CW terminal is gone, but the shop behind it still stands. Brandt Truck Line is in the Slinger terminal. Con-Way is in the Sheboygan terminal. FedEx Freight is in Madison, and a moving company in Waukesha.

4. imported_dhawk

imported_dhawk Member

i can't remember for sure but i think holland was in that evansville terminal with C.F. but that was when hollands trucks were blue. but that's been a few years ago.

5. Pigman 440

Pigman 440 Member

I worked out of the C-F terminal at 71st & Cicero from 64-68 ,is that the one that is a soccor stadium now ?? I think it was 175 doors and L shaped as much as I remember. The shop was on the right as you came in and at the rear??

6. usmck1

usmck1 Member

The soccer stadium is at 71st and Harlem....Conway bought the one on Cicero. Or CF gave it to them...most likely the latter.. I was at both in the late 80`s with guys like Joe Balestri, Bobby K , Turkey legs just to name a few

7. Lazer

Lazer lied to again

The Cedar Rapids IA bldg. on J street was recently sold to local buiding contractor. Dayton Freight has been leasing the west end 1/2 of the buiding, the other 1/2 has been used by two local companies.The new landlord has been very good about fixing things inside to DFL wants.Which is good, the sad part is Dayton just bought the Roadway property across I-380 just a few weeks ago. O well its better to own anyway,give more hope to customers and employee's that the company is commited to an area. Take from me,been there done that. I will never re-locate for any company that does not own the property that I plan too work out of.

8. groovydp

groovydp Purple Lubed P&D Driver

The Portland terminal @ 21st and Riverside is occupied by Central Transport. The shop and Fuel island still have for sale or lease sign on it. All the CF signs are there. If you didn't know it you would think they are still operating there except for the yellow trailers.

The Vancouver, WA headquarters office is now the home to SoloFlex. Six months before they went under I was there for a job interview. It was for a fuel purchasing agent. I thought it would have been great to work 2 miles from home and I was pretty hot and bothered to go to work for CF. Now, I guess I should be glad I didn't get it.

9. WRONGWAY

WRONGWAY Member

the old Desplains,il terminal is occupied by fedex freight and there was a little terminal off of 41 in illinios that has been torn down just recently and now is a yard for a truck driving school. i want to say the town is waukegan.

10. usmck1

usmck1 Member

i worked on the DPI or Des Plaines Terminal for a bit and the one up north there off 41 or was there was WKG

11. jyd

jyd New Member

Hagerstown MD barn is fedex nat

12. Pigman 440

Pigman 440 Member

Old Dominion is in the Columbus,Oh. facility

13. Bosslinco76

Bosslinco76 Active Member

The PHL Terminal or Philadelphia is now a flea market on the dock on Wharton Street, the lot is used by the University of Pennsylvania(Penn) for off campus parking. Sign is still on top of building. Delanco,N.J. is empty Pjax was in there for a while before retreating back to Spring City,P.A. and the Bellmawr,N.J. facility formely known as Camden is used by the postal service as an overflow wharehouse, offices etc. The last two terminals were consolidated into PHL around 1999 when everything went across the bridge into PHL untill the end of when Labor Day 2002 came !!!!

14. fxf74

fxf74 Member

Clarksburg WV was shut down everything was moved back to Parkersburg WV. We took over Clarksburg (AF/FXF) it is now a heating and cooling contractor. And I think YRC has the Parkersburg term.

15. ls57racer

ls57racer Well-Known Member

The Boise Id yard was bought by Watkins and is now a Fed Ex National yard..

16. ESP

ESP Well-Known Member

The Lima, Ohio 8 door terminal, is still empty, never been used since the closing, All signs are on the fence and the building, Grass and tall weeds are moving in on the paved yard and it is sad. Oddly enough the yrc barn is out front.

17. Stimpy

Stimpy Wingnut

In Erie Pa... Kings Express is leasing the dock from Dunlap Trucking to sort mail which I am delivering to on occasions. :hyper:

18. excfman

excfman Active Member

i went by the Knoxville yard a few weeks ago and Benton freight had moved out of it and moved across the street into the old ghx.it looks like there getting ready to tear the old place down come up with something new. they had a lot of concrete pillars standing up in the yard. look like the old dance & cf yard days are number here that for sure. sure do miss the the old place 12'6 doors and all.look like the :tribe: has spoken for good about the place.

19. brillo11882

brillo11882 New Member

Man it seems like yesterday that I had to walk across that ole yard in Nashville that is now a Fed-Ex Terminal. I sure miss it, but it has been a true blessing for me to leave.

20. imported_yellow11

imported_yellow11 New Member

Old CF barn in Omaha is now R+L. Still get a wet eye every time I go by the place. A great group of employees that really took it in the shorts. Miss them all.