Who is at your barn?

st louis, mo hall st terminal is a pallet fixin place now. kinda junky around there. would love to see some old pictures of hall st. from back in the 70's when i worked there. just a ghost town now. evansville,ind terminal has got preimer trucking in it now. the little sattelite terminal in benton ill is gone as far as i know

EVA was fun going to..NOT!! Down by the Lloyd Expressway, behind the car dealership. But at least ABF was across the street.:biglaugh:

Nashville, Tn is now a FEDEX Freight terminal. In a way CF still lives on there. We have a few Freightliner trucks in our fleet and CF was the company that started Freightliner. So in away CF will live on at many trucking companies.

Des Moines, IA on 17th St. is currently being used by Standard Forwarding Co. and in Milwaukee, WI on Layton Ave. one of the two is being used by Old Dominion Freight Lines. I remember the old Slinger, WI terminal but havn't been past there in forever.

I went down Layton Ave. today. The old CW terminal is gone, but the shop behind it still stands. Brandt Truck Line is in the Slinger terminal. Con-Way is in the Sheboygan terminal. FedEx Freight is in Madison, and a moving company in Waukesha.

i can't remember for sure but i think holland was in that evansville terminal with C.F. but that was when hollands trucks were blue. but that's been a few years ago.

I worked out of the C-F terminal at 71st & Cicero from 64-68 ,is that the one that is a soccor stadium now ?? I think it was 175 doors and L shaped as much as I remember. The shop was on the right as you came in and at the rear??

The soccer stadium is at 71st and Harlem....Conway bought the one on Cicero. Or CF gave it to them...most likely the latter.. I was at both in the late 80`s with guys like Joe Balestri, Bobby K , Turkey legs just to name a few

The Cedar Rapids IA bldg. on J street was recently sold to local buiding contractor. Dayton Freight has been leasing the west end 1/2 of the buiding, the other 1/2 has been used by two local companies.The new landlord has been very good about fixing things inside to DFL wants.Which is good, the sad part is Dayton just bought the Roadway property across I-380 just a few weeks ago. O well its better to own anyway,give more hope to customers and employee's that the company is commited to an area. Take from me,been there done that. I will never re-locate for any company that does not own the property that I plan too work out of.

The Portland terminal @ 21st and Riverside is occupied by Central Transport. The shop and Fuel island still have for sale or lease sign on it. All the CF signs are there. If you didn't know it you would think they are still operating there except for the yellow trailers.

The Vancouver, WA headquarters office is now the home to SoloFlex. Six months before they went under I was there for a job interview. It was for a fuel purchasing agent. I thought it would have been great to work 2 miles from home and I was pretty hot and bothered to go to work for CF. Now, I guess I should be glad I didn't get it.

the old Desplains,il terminal is occupied by fedex freight and there was a little terminal off of 41 in illinios that has been torn down just recently and now is a yard for a truck driving school. i want to say the town is waukegan.

i worked on the DPI or Des Plaines Terminal for a bit and the one up north there off 41 or was there was WKG

The PHL Terminal or Philadelphia is now a flea market on the dock on Wharton Street, the lot is used by the University of Pennsylvania(Penn) for off campus parking. Sign is still on top of building. Delanco,N.J. is empty Pjax was in there for a while before retreating back to Spring City,P.A. and the Bellmawr,N.J. facility formely known as Camden is used by the postal service as an overflow wharehouse, offices etc. The last two terminals were consolidated into PHL around 1999 when everything went across the bridge into PHL untill the end of when Labor Day 2002 came !!!!

Clarksburg WV was shut down everything was moved back to Parkersburg WV. We took over Clarksburg (AF/FXF) it is now a heating and cooling contractor. And I think YRC has the Parkersburg term.

The Lima, Ohio 8 door terminal, is still empty, never been used since the closing, All signs are on the fence and the building, Grass and tall weeds are moving in on the paved yard and it is sad. Oddly enough the yrc barn is out front.

In Erie Pa... Kings Express is leasing the dock from Dunlap Trucking to sort mail which I am delivering to on occasions. :hyper:

i went by the Knoxville yard a few weeks ago and Benton freight had moved out of it and moved across the street into the old ghx.it looks like there getting ready to tear the old place down come up with something new. they had a lot of concrete pillars standing up in the yard. look like the old dance & cf yard days are number here that for sure. sure do miss the the old place 12'6 doors and all.look like the :tribe: has spoken for good about the place.

Man it seems like yesterday that I had to walk across that ole yard in Nashville that is now a Fed-Ex Terminal. I sure miss it, but it has been a true blessing for me to leave.

Old CF barn in Omaha is now R+L. Still get a wet eye every time I go by the place. A great group of employees that really took it in the shorts. Miss them all.