Estes | who is not happy with the raises??

freezeframe

TB Lurker
Credits
1.25 for road
1.5 hub
.55 city

breakdown pay after 2 hours now, at i think $17 lol

and slightly higher holiday pay

road drivers have not had a meeting yet so this is just hear say on my part, but this isnt what alot of the road drivers had hoped for

actually its really disappointing that we have not matched estes west in pay per mile......

We were also told $175 holiday pay, and also $175/day for jury duty. I try not to be ungrateful, but this raise isn't even keeping up with the rate of inflation. Probably lose it all when we get the packets for benefits re-enrollment. Grrr :maddance3:

it really pisses me off that city is union rate but linehaul keeps getting more of a pay gap

we used to be one of the higher paid, now we are one of the lowest paid linehaulers.

do you think its time to try what the west did?

i think its funny that 75 years and we get overtime after 55 hours. im only guessing thats because of gi since they raised thiers to 55. so WHY isnt our pay raised to thiers??? im really pissed and want to call and complain, debating on it now.....

also, nobody needs to chime in and say if i dont like it leave lol. i do like the job but the past 2 raises have been a joke and now we are seeing all the other carriers pass us by in pay. i have apps in at places but its hard to leave now because the wife is still in school......hmmm

i agree that it is not right that the east's payscale is different and i hope soon they will be the same as the wests is :)

Drive truck, get check. Two days off per week, this is good. Pay for me to sit on american jury, how great is that. What a country! Ruppnik

as long as you are in the trucking business 1 part of the world will be paid higher than the other. i work 4 fedex frt and the people up north get like 2 dollars more an hour than what we get in the east,it"s a joke we work for the same company we should get the same pay.

come here to jevic no overtime and we got a whopping .35 p/h raise and they presented it to us like they were giving us something great.We make $22.15 p/h but we don't get any pay for jury duty and now we have to get steel toe shoes so there goes the raise.

headcover said:
come here to jevic no overtime and we got a whopping .35 p/h raise and they presented it to us like they were giving us something great.We make $22.15 p/h but we don't get any pay for jury duty and now we have to get steel toe shoes so there goes the raise.

That's easy don't go on jury duty. Throw it away they can't prove you got it. If it don't pay I don't go. But that is me.:busted_blue:

Skeeter said:
That's easy don't go on jury duty. Throw it away they can't prove you got it. If it don't pay I don't go. But that is me.:busted_blue:
Sounds like a real American ..... what ever happened to your civic duty ?
In case you don't understand, a "jury of our peers" is how the system works. If everyone had your viewpoint, then who would oversee the system .... perhaps you would want the judge and lawyers to decide a persons fate.

Just tell them you don't like anybody and nobody likes you and that your old lady ran off with a Chineese man and you are glad of it and that the only judge that you want to hear from is Judge Judy cause you think she's hot.

Happy as a clam with raise. Last job parts delivery, 9 bucks hr. Now I have benifit health care and making big bucks driving big box truck. Ruppnik

Collard Green said:
Just tell them you don't like anybody and nobody likes you and that your old lady ran off with a Chineese man and you are glad of it and that the only judge that you want to hear from is Judge Judy cause you think she's hot.
WTF? This thread is dead.:spam1:

porkchop said:
it really pisses me off that city is union rate but linehaul keeps getting more of a pay gap

we used to be one of the higher paid, now we are one of the lowest paid linehaulers.

do you think its time to try what the west did?

i think its funny that 75 years and we get overtime after 55 hours. im only guessing thats because of gi since they raised thiers to 55. so WHY isnt our pay raised to thiers??? im really pissed and want to call and complain, debating on it now....
Well I heard Estes overtime is after 48 hrs. The West has it better than the East in some things. Different cost of living through out the country does make it difficult to stay fair. You have to stay some what close to comparison to be attractive to the competion

flstc2000 said:
Sounds like a real American ..... what ever happened to your civic duty ?
In case you don't understand, a "jury of our peers" is how the system works. If everyone had your viewpoint, then who would oversee the system .... perhaps you would want the judge and lawyers to decide a persons fate.

I guess you are just a better man than I. :USA:

ruppnik said:
Happy as a clam with raise. Last job parts delivery, 9 bucks hr. Now I have benifit health care and making big bucks driving big box truck. Ruppnik

so i guess you would be happy if they dropped the pay to $10 an hour...

news estes drivers in fort myers fl are forced to take a day off one at the time per week, plus they are taking one hour off of their paycheck since like joke but it is true, i wonder if is all over estes terminal or just in fort myers fl terminal let me know guys ,

when i was city driver they did not make you take 1 day off per week. but you do have to obey the DOT rules.

also, they did take half hour off each day automatically when you reach 6 hours. for lunch.

Mr. Porkchops, How much do you think a truck driving job should pay. I think I am payed well enough, I work with a friendly bunch of good people. Driving a truck is not rocket science, so whats it worth. Ruppnik