Holland | Who is underperforming?

Just about every terminal is hurting for city guys and dock workers. The road to me is over staffed reason being is you got end of line terminals still bringing drivers on which is fine for now then winter hits and they can't clear board til wed or thurs. When I first started central would us empty on sun night out of SP to big velocity terminals who were overwhelmed with freight just sitting on yard. Then the low outbound terminals would clear board and move our freight coming thru on mon nights and everybody's freight made service. Guess that just didn't make sense anymore.

It doesn't necessarily mean someone is underperforming, could be higher operating cost due to the way they have been spending.
Equipment, mobile eyes, facility repairs or maintenance, new handhelds more wire ties being used to hold equipment together.
Just about every terminal is hurting for city guys and dock workers. The road to me is over staffed reason being is you got end of line terminals still bringing drivers on which is fine for now then winter hits and they can't clear board til wed or thurs. When I first started central would us empty on sun night out of SP to big velocity terminals who were overwhelmed with freight just sitting on yard. Then the low outbound terminals would clear board and move our freight coming thru on mon nights and everybody's freight made service. Guess that just didn't make sense anymore.
I don't think the road board is over staffed. Any given night as many as 60 loads are not moved. Service sucks.

I don't think the road board is over staffed. Any given night as many as 60 loads are not moved. Service sucks.
I mean over staffed at certain terminals. They used to move drivers where the freight is at not anymore they could easily send guys out of Nashville to service Memphis freight but they don't do it like they used to.

This is a good one, one of our new oops managers ask our contract mechanic when the junk tractors that are used for parts will be ready for city use. Some are stripped to the frame. Duh

Very well said. Been there 25 years. I questioned the stack and pack mentality going on now. And was told the revenue is not not there to justify putting 22 pallets on the floor and sending it out the door. Now cube a 53' that goes an average of 250 miles up the road and take 3 hours to strip. And in-experienced dock guys,and it is a recipe for disaster.
Don't feel bad, our guys cram and jam for a 94 mile run under direction from the leaders at the top. Then run 4 to 6 empties in the morning all in the name of load factor. They just don't get it.. They bitch about load factor on a shuttle run, then bitch about damage claims because they had to break it and jam and cram it again at the break. :chairshot::duh:

Not true. Loads are rated by "A" & "B" "A" loads are 40,000 or stacked reasonably. Any terminal 94 miles away would be considered a "B" point and would be not much more then floored out. But hey, your a road driver and who am I to dispute your dog and pony show.

Not true. Loads are rated by "A" & "B" "A" loads are 40,000 or stacked reasonably. Any terminal 94 miles away would be considered a "B" point and would be not much more then floored out. But hey, your a road driver and who am I to dispute your dog and pony show.
I'm sorry, | should have mentioned I work for YRC north of the border.

Doubleclutcher works for Reimer. A company that has their own air ride vans, yet insists on using YRCF leaf spring pups for nearly everything.

There was a time Reimer was one of the biggest players in Canada. Their main corridor was Winnipeg to Windsor and they were one of the few carriers doing that. After Yellow got involved, they messed everything up, as usual.