ABF | Who pays for the sleep apnea study?

So...Pittsburgh is below the beaver and you're surprised at what it is/has become?

So...Pittsburgh is below the beaver and you're surprised at what it is/has become?

Hmmm....I never thought about it that way........explains a lot, though....But!......What is Cleveland's excuse?......If PGH. is "below the beaver"....Cleveland is WAY below the beaver......(.....yet lightyears above .......Philadelphia.....)

Hmmm....I never thought about it that way........explains a lot, though....But!......What is Cleveland's excuse?......If PGH. is "below the beaver"....Cleveland is WAY below the beaver......(.....yet lightyears above .......Philadelphia.....)
As I see it Cleveland sits on the world's largest open faced sewer and eventually you take on the characteristics of your surroundings, it's evolution.

OK. You try the mask but you can't sleep with it. Next option would be throat surgery to remove the skin in the throat that obstructs the air flow. Will Central States pay for it after getting a mask. Better yet, if you can't get an extension on your 90 day med card, & you are disqualified, and can hold a dock bid are you still employed? If you are on a drive bid & medically disqualified are you out of a job? If you are a city driver & disqualified, & ABF will not open a dock bid for you, does the American Disabilities Act come in to play here? Will the answer vary from local to local based on the mood they are in? Lots of questions & no answers.

Here is a better question? First sentence Central Region Local Cartage Supplement Agreement Article 47 Examination & Fees (Physical mental or other examinations required by a government body or the Employer shall pay for all such examinations for all regular & probationary employees). So someone please explain why we are paying for the sleep test & not ABF, based on Article 47. I do not see any gray area in that sentence. Show me the errors of my thinking.

Example: You are responsible to pay for blood pressure meds to correct a medical condition. Does this answer your question?

Answer "No" to all the screening questions and they can't force you to take a sleep apnea test. If you answer "yes" to even one question they can refuse to give you a physical card longer than 3 months until you get a sleep study.

A sleep study is not required by the DOT, as yet. So answer "no" to all the questions, and argue that the screening is not required by the DOT. Then use the time to get your self prepared, physically and financially to pay for what is not covered by insurance.

insurance payed mine. ha the machine since 2006 and it works well. used to snore and toss and turn all night. the wife said i stopped breathing for several minutes all the time . now i go to sleep on my side and rarely roll over. hard to get used to it but now i like it

i have to jump in here. NOONE has to take a sleep test. like most other scams, its voluntary.
regardless of your neck size, its STILL voluntary.
they rely on cfr 391.41 to get YOU TO ADMIT or volunteer on the questionaire to a disorder,thus GIVING the doc/govt the authority to test.

cfr 391.41
7) Has no established medical history or clinical diagnosis of rheumatic, arthritic, orthopedic, muscular, neuromuscular, or vascular disease which interferes with his/her ability to control and operate a commercial motor vehicle safely;
(8) Has no established medical history or clinical diagnosis of epilepsy or any other condition which is likely to cause loss of consciousness or any loss of ability to control a commercial motor vehicle; "

if you have NO established history and do not admit symptoms on paper or by voice, let the doc order any test he wishes and refuse.
he will have to do his job ,and issue your card under title 49 because,SLEEP APNEA ,without diagnosis AINT IN THERE AS A DISQUAILFIER.
JUST DONT ADMIT/VOLUNTEER.
the 'National Sleep Foundation" is running a partrnership/scam with the FMSCA to LEAN on cdl holders for sleep study profits and equipment sales. IT IS NOT LAW.
they can not be sued for their scam,because noone is ordered,under threat of loss of driving privilege to cooperate. YOU VOLUNTEER!
WHEN DOC SAYS "YOU HAVE A 17+ neck and im ordering a sleep study', YOU NEED TO BE ABLE TO SAY " order whatever you want, i wont take it, as i have no medical history of problems and havent admitted any. NOW, IF YOU CANT DISQUALIFY ME UNDER TITLE 49, WRITE THE CARD OUT".

i see chumps carrying around air tanks and bitching about laying in sleep centers every week. ITS THEIR OWN FAULT. THEY VOLUNTEERED.
MOST OF US HAVE FELL FOR THIS NONSENSE SCAM, JUST AS WE (not i) DID FOR OUR NEW CONTRACT where YRC supposedly tried us buyout (for the only time in history,at the time we had our ballots, to scare us into voting).
The companies feeding on us are laughing at us . 'IS THERE ANYTHING THESE SUCKERS WONT BUY?"
so ,OF COURSE youre gonna get a 'SLEEP STUDY".

i have to jump in here. NOONE has to take a sleep test. like most other scams, its voluntary.
regardless of your neck size, its STILL voluntary.
they rely on cfr 391.41 to get YOU TO ADMIT or volunteer on the questionaire to a disorder,thus GIVING the doc/govt the authority to test.

cfr 391.41
7) Has no established medical history or clinical diagnosis of rheumatic, arthritic, orthopedic, muscular, neuromuscular, or vascular disease which interferes with his/her ability to control and operate a commercial motor vehicle safely;
(8) Has no established medical history or clinical diagnosis of epilepsy or any other condition which is likely to cause loss of consciousness or any loss of ability to control a commercial motor vehicle; "

if you have NO established history and do not admit symptoms on paper or by voice, let the doc order any test he wishes and refuse.
he will have to do his job ,and issue your card under title 49 because,SLEEP APNEA ,without diagnosis AINT IN THERE AS A DISQUAILFIER.
JUST DONT ADMIT/VOLUNTEER.
the 'National Sleep Foundation" is running a partrnership/scam with the FMSCA to LEAN on cdl holders for sleep study profits and equipment sales. IT IS NOT LAW.
they can not be sued for their scam,because noone is ordered,under threat of loss of driving privilege to cooperate. YOU VOLUNTEER!
WHEN DOC SAYS "YOU HAVE A 17+ neck and im ordering a sleep study', YOU NEED TO BE ABLE TO SAY " order whatever you want, i wont take it, as i have no medical history of problems and havent admitted any. NOW, IF YOU CANT DISQUALIFY ME UNDER TITLE 49, WRITE THE CARD OUT".

i see chumps carrying around air tanks and bitching about laying in sleep centers every week. ITS THEIR OWN FAULT. THEY VOLUNTEERED.
MOST OF US HAVE FELL FOR THIS NONSENSE SCAM, JUST AS WE (not i) DID FOR OUR NEW CONTRACT where YRC supposedly tried us buyout (for the only time in history,at the time we had our ballots, to scare us into voting).
The companies feeding on us are laughing at us . 'IS THERE ANYTHING THESE SUCKERS WONT BUY?"
so ,OF COURSE youre gonna get a 'SLEEP STUDY".
Thanks for the information, when it comes my turn I will keep this in mind and play my hand accordingly.

If you have sleep apnea, The cpap or surgery will be the best money you ever spent. If you don't sleep good or are tired all the time go get checked out. It changed my life for the better.