New Penn | Who remembers this?

the5tolls

Wait till 2024....we'll show em!
Credits
The following was posted on the YRC site can anyone educate me on this? I have never heard this story and I would like to learn more about it: "its all ready happened once before with new penn...new penn voted no and YRCW came back and said fine .we will make you part of Holland,YRCW had another vote and new penn voted yes"

Absolutely true. I don't know about who we would've been rolled into, but they did threaten to close us. I believe this is why on the last vote all votes were counted together has one company.

Absolutely true. The New Penn teamsters were left out on a limb all alone. I remember before the re-vote Bussiness agents saying we had to vote again to get it right and that they did us a favor by getting YRC to agree to let us vote again.

The following was posted on the YRC site can anyone educate me on this? I have never heard this story and I would like to learn more about it: "its all ready happened once before with new penn...new penn voted no and YRCW came back and said fine .we will make you part of Holland,YRCW had another vote and new penn voted yes"
I thought that everybody knew that.

And here was when we had voted yes from all the strongarming and fear tactics.
http://www.truckingboards.com/bb/threads/new-penn-freight-teamsters-approve-job-security-plan.32606/

Not exactly sure but I think when they came back again....we were all lumped into one unit...new Penn didn't stand alone in the second concession vote a couple years later......they changed that. Maybe somebody else remembers better...it was in 2010 and I was out for a valve operation.

I voted no the forst time...but after the propaganda...I caved and voted yes....I don't regret it because we are still together and I got to finish raising my kids at a union job.Not at all happy about how we've been treated nor the concessions we took.....don't think i'll do it again...my kids are about raised...crap[py thing to do to us...they threatened to merge us....or close us.
On the MOU extension which is the one we are in now it was a mail in vote we voted as one company but it was a no vote, they took a few things out and it was a re- vote in person vote at the terminals and a rush job.

I never agree with people criticizing how anyone voted there was no right or wrong vote everyone had to vote on was right for them depending on what was going on in their lives at the time.

I guess the part of my post that I had really never heard of was the part about making New Penn part of Holland, not the actual voting history.

I don't recall it being Holland I thought the threat was to fold NewPenn into YRC
I guess in the past I have wondered if there wasn't some way that the regionals couldn't work more hand in hand and possibly become more efficient. That is why it jumped out at me that they had supposedly used joining Holland and New Penn together as a threat and the New Penn guys were so afraid of the idea that they would instantly vote Yes. Don't get me wrong I am just fine with not going any farther east than Youngstown, but if they said Holland and New Penn were going to be joined into one I don't think I would lose any sleep.

We already have our share of your 53's and load locks and racks.....Keep them west and south..We don't want them. They give a surgeon a butcher knife...or a sprinter knee-high work boots...slowed down the whole system.
If you keep slowing down you will fit in a lot better with the rest of us! You know the YRC moto: "If they want it on Tuesday think how bad they will want in on Thursday"

If you keep slowing down you will fit in a lot better with the rest of us! You know the YRC moto: "If they want it on Tuesday think how bad they will want in on Thursday"
Isn't that being a little generous? I always heard if YRCF was asked to deliver Tuesday, it'd show up on Monday evening the following week, forked at least three times and crunched from stacking!