ABF | Who suggested what

ultraman

TB Lurker
Credits
Who suggested that we lose a weeks vacation ? During our pre vote meeting our BA told us the union suggested this so every one would share in the pain. This was in response to the company wanting to slash sick days and personal days. But now I am being told I am hearing things that were not said. I'm getting old, but I pay attention to when it comes to someone trying to take money out of my pocket. Was anyone else told this ?

Let me ask this?I remember before us members at YRC took a pay cut.I can only vouch for this when we were Yellow.I recall the management and dispatchers at Yellow took a cut in bonuses and pay before us members did.Did this kind of thing happen at ABF?if not.Why wasnt that done before us Union members?Yellow did this because they didnt want to go to the Union for any help at that time.

We were told in the southeast that ABF management wanted to cut the pension and have job flexibility. Management posted fliers about the “orphans of the pension plan” and ABF having “one of the last pension plans” in the industry. Management even told us that ‘your wages are comparable in the industry.’ And when asked, Roy Slagel said they did not intend to cut wages.

How the contract went from there (pension cuts, flexibility, and no pay cut) to where it is now is anyone’s guess.

In response to the opening post I heard the same thing but have no verification on it.

Road drivers r the biggest expenced..just wait u will see alot or shiney wheels pulling those abf pups coast to coast for 38cents amile...just saying......

My personal opinion about the situation.Is that last vote should be thrown out.An investigation should be started on the basis of collusion and improper votes.Someone should be charged for the damages that has been created

Here is an idea we keep our vacation and the IBT shares equal in the pain by giving ABF all of our dues for the next five years. They (IBT) can get 20% back a year for the next three years and 40% back in year five.