TForce | Who wants to fight the 800 lbs Gorilla?

Right....tightest ship. It has only just begun for you guys at UPSF. FedEx has cut the balls off of us at FedEx Freight. And they have three years head start. Enjoy the ride. Your jobs will never be the same. You are no longer a trucking company, but a corporation. Big difference.:hide::Duel::bowdown:

There will be one big difference between FedEx Freight and UPS Freight. We'll be union and we'll have the protection of the grievance process. Perhaps you should consider getting the same...

Right....tightest ship. It has only just begun for you guys at UPSF. FedEx has cut the balls off of us at FedEx Freight. And they have three years head start. Enjoy the ride. Your jobs will never be the same. You are no longer a trucking company, but a corporation. Big difference.:hide::Duel::bowdown:

You know it's amazing what people can adjust to. After all them Viking and AF drivers did. :biglaugh:

You know it's amazing what people can adjust to. After all them Viking and AF drivers did. :biglaugh:

He's telling you the truth upgf-driver. The grievance hearings that I used to go to the majority of them were UPS and they lost nearly all the time and it wasn't unusual for it to be the 2nd or 3rd time they had been there with the same person.

Perhaps, but I still don't see the efficiency in doing things this way.

He's telling you the truth upgf-driver. The grievance hearings that I used to go to the majority of them were UPS and they lost nearly all the time and it wasn't unusual for it to be the 2nd or 3rd time they had been there with the same person.

First of all gentelman, I say SUB PAR, and this is in no referrance too what the guy's in INDY did. I think to be honest they had balls and should be congradulated to be honest. What I am actually saying is, these great conglomerates UPS, FEDEX, YRC and so on and so forth, have the bargaining chips rite now.

When I say SUB-PAR I mean in comparison to what the union could do at one time, unfortunatley Hoffa once worked for UPS, so as far as I am concearned this is nothing more then a GOLFCART CONSPIRACY as I have said before.

Give it a little while, little fires are starting in referrance to the union with our competitors, I am sure things will sway back in our direction eventually. Time has a tendancy of healing all wounds.

First of all gentelman, I say SUB PAR, and this is in no referrance too what the guy's in INDY did. I think to be honest they had balls and should be congradulated to be honest. What I am actually saying is, these great conglomerates UPS, FEDEX, YRC and so on and so forth, have the bargaining chips rite now.

When I say SUB-PAR I mean in comparison to what the union could do at one time, unfortunatley Hoffa once worked for UPS, so as far as I am concearned this is nothing more then a GOLFCART CONSPIRACY as I have said before.

Give it a little while, little fires are starting in referrance to the union with our competitors, I am sure things will sway back in our direction eventually. Time has a tendancy of healing all wounds.

It is best to remember that this so-called sub-par contract is better than what we have now which is an HR department which is impotent. If you use HR then the TM will mark you and make your job even more miserable than before, but if you have a grievance policy and you win or loss and your TM singles you out you can bring him up on favoritism grievance. The UPS standards and practices says no favoritism. Any of us who have been with the ovnt a long time know that favoritsm is rampant in this company. This sub-par contract will wipe this out forever. I for one will be counting the days until the contract is ratified.:1036316054:

better than we have now? Right now we have A peer review board it doesn't matter if were union or not there will still be 6 people at that table.

So what are you gonna do grievance him to death? The way the rules are set up if a tm wants you fired your gone, they don't care about a grievance, is UPS gonna susspend the tm becuase he has a grievance filed against him.

If we go union there wll be even more rules put into place to make it easier for local management to clear out problem people.

I have heard many of stories of how people called Richmond and complained about a tm and most of the time it was handled correctly, I had a tm tell me he was transferred to another terminal becuase too many people complained about him.
Atlanta could care less if a tm gets a grievance filed against him. He probaly gets a gift card for every one that is filed against him.

Seriousily what happens when you file a grievance against a tm? I don't know I am asking.

I know a few tm's with us and other companies, and are good friends with them, I also know 2 shop stewards.

One tm I know who was with another company that was union, but now with us, said the first thing he did was get to know the steward and make deals with him. cratch my back I'll scratch yours.

The steward is human and there will be employees he likes and is friends with and there will be employees he doesn't care for as much.

That scenario has also been complained about on these boards. It happens. There will be good stewards and bad stewards. Instead of people sucking up to the tm they will be sucking up to the steward.

You are correct, YRC is wanting concessions and apparently the new NMFA has some in it.

I haven't read the whole thing but there raises will average .40 a year over the contract.

If you haven't been to the yellow boards most of them say they will strike before they vote to approve a contract on par with the indy contract.

YRC is claiming the contract that ups and the teamsters came to an agreement on is so weak it puts UPS at an advantage.

You are correct, YRC is wanting concessions and apparently the new NMFA has some in it.

I haven't read the whole thing but there raises will average .40 a year over the contract.

If you haven't been to the yellow boards most of them say they will strike before they vote to approve a contract on par with the indy contract.

YRC is claiming the contract that ups and the teamsters came to an agreement on is so weak it puts UPS at an advantage.

That is true, but one must understand the truth in the statement, STRENGTH IN #'S, Indy went at it alone, let's be practical, what bargaining chip did they have, except themselves?.

Now if the whole company goes in the union direction, this makes the difference, as you have stated in your paragraph the greivance process is a joke currently, and I have seen where the greivance process for the teamsters resembles pretty much the same on a few occasions, but that does not mean we should give up.

The funny thing here is we all have something to say about the union and being non union, MGNT has conferance calls on a regular basis, they know what exactly they must do to keep a ship afloat, or try, most of them know eachother and they all work together, and all speak amongst themselves to not only better themselves but the company as a whole when dealing with us.

Now one must understand that the Teamsters do exactly the same thing, they too have conferance calls on a regular basis, they too know eachother, and they too talk amongst themselves for the sake of not only themselves, but the so called benifit of us.

On the other hand, we the truck drivers put blinding faith into the sprokets of this fine system and walk around with blinders on in the effect that someone will take care of us, if a TM is in good with the shop stewart, and you people do nothing to correct the problem, then shame on you, after all it took ratical people in society to give us things just like the union and thier negotiating power, and if most allow it too fall by the way side, shame on you. Shame on us.

This is a hard road to go down based on the fact that it has alot of weight placed on the shoulders of so many people and the accrued , and welfare state of all of thier famalies. Taking advice from management at this point involves someone who is not secure in making decisions that best suits thier needs, and should have more faith in some one who is looking out for themselves and has security enough in thier decisions to do it.

We are not economists, granted, but communication is the key, and we have the tools to do it, the New England states will be bargaining next from what I have been told, we use communication, and we will continue too communicate above and beyond the Teamsters, this is OUR contract, and we will not rest until we are treated with a degree of respect, this is all we ask and I hope the people in this negotiation feel the same way. It is not a cureall, but better then what we have currently, and one must rememeber, if "O" \ UPSF would have done things differently, we would not be making this move, unfortunatley they do not care, why should we, most TM'S now will have to document everything, and instead of making malitious statements, condescending remarks, ambiguous statement, lieing, everything must be in black and white, and if you have a boatload of intelligance, Know your contract, and can form a legitamite argument, you too can basque in the fruits of our labor, that is better then we have now.

A contract is like fine wine, it gets better with age!!!!!!!!!! Our's will too, you cannot nail all the corners the first time around, all these changes we see currently, are changes we would have seen anyway wether we were going union or not, UPS know how to make money and you cannot make money by throwing money everywhere and being nice to everyone, there will be more changes in the near future we will not like I am sure of it, the question is what are we going to do about it.

You are correct, contract.

I am willing to bet the world those guys would not come close to a strike....It would shell shock their business and alot of those guys would be on lay off for a long time!! I hope they get all they can get in the NMFA but I have heard like everyone else it has several concessions in it. They blame it on our 1st ever contract but come on guys it's our 1st contract the NMFA has been negotiated for over 50 yrs...........duh ya it's a fair superior contract and you are compairing apples to organges! Concessions in this contract are trying to be established because YRC wants to compete with UPGF, FEDEX, Conway, etc....and sees these carriers making serious market gains.

PS....would we at UPGF rather of got the NMFA....yes but a stand alone contract is what we got and it is something to build on! We got a contract and I can not wait for this National Card Check to take place after the holidays! God Bless

You ain't read sh!t.

Wages. Reports indicate wages of $2.20 over the five year contract, ending in 2013. That would be an average of 1.9% increase per year. Reportedly it would be 50¢-40¢-45¢-40¢-45¢.

I didn't read this?

It seems half my time on here I have to correct what what mods post. So we can get the whole story and make the best decision instead of only getting one side of it.

I was off by $.04 if there raises are split then it will average less than .40

PS....would we at UPGF rather of got the NMFA....yes but a stand alone contract is what we got and it is something to build on! We got a contract and I can not wait for this National Card Check to take place after the holidays! God Bless

I think in the long run we will be better off with our own contract insted of fallaing under the nmfa, this way it can be tweeked for us.

Wages. Reports indicate wages of $2.20 over the five year contract, ending in 2013. That would be an average of 1.9% increase per year. Reportedly it would be 50¢-40¢-45¢-40¢-45¢.

I didn't read this?

It seems half my time on here I have to correct what what mods post. So we can get the whole story and make the best decision instead of only getting one side of it.

I think in the long run we will be better off with our own contract insted of fallaing under the nmfa, this way it can be tweeked for us.

That is the offer posted on the tdu. not what has been accepted.

vacation time

am i the only one that thinks waiting 16 yrs for your 4th week is a long time? or is it an industry standard.

That is the offer posted on the tdu. not what has been accepted.

And that is why I said on the yellow forum they are saying they would rather strike then accept it.

That is the deal, that is what has been agreed upon on both sides.

That is what I read and I posted it becuase frog said I haven't read anything.

I didn't read this?

I was off by $.04 if there raises are split then it will average less than .40

You need to start reading some of your own "Me Me" post and correct yourself before you worry about correcting mods or anybody else. You ain't read sh!t. No Teamster has seen or read a copy of the proposed copy of the NMFA but YOU have. Right.
Maybe you didn't say what you said?

Now tell me again how right you are and wrong I am.