TForce | Who wants to fight the 800 lbs Gorilla?

I knew you would be right as always.
You said and I quote YOU.

I say again, YOU ain't read sh!t.

I never said I read the contract, this is what I read freight2008.org: Proposed Freight Agreement Has Concessions

And as I said before I did not read the whole thing.

just the part about the wages.

If there info is wrong take it up with them, but I was 100% truthfull.

that is why I said "apparently" and "reportedly".

ap·par·ent·ly [ ə párrəntlee ]

adverb

Definition:

according to what seems true: according to what seems to be the case but may not actually be so

reportedly [ ri páwrtidli ]

adverb

Definition:

according to report: according to an unconfirmed report
Reportedly he lost all his money.

Thanks so much for the english lesson Overnite.

And to hillbilly frog,shame on you,a moderator no less.

The word you used in you post should have been feces,not the one that starts with an (s),and ends with a (T).

One day till Christmas,lets keep it clean at least one day out of the year.

well I have 35 years p&d 2 steel rods in my back and one of the hardest runs. 300 miles a day.they wont let me change runs.so much for seniorty

I'm in my 22nd year here.
When I first hired on with Overnite back in 1986,the TM told me senority was a courtesy.
That Overnite didn't really have anything solid in place.
They ony reconized it as a courtesy.

I was at the bottom of the heap when I hired on,so I didn't press this guy for what he meant by it being a courtesy.

I've always figured the courtesy was that they honored senority so they wouldn't have a revolt,amongst the workers that were here longer.

Well Im sure he feels better now!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe not but it's just hard to believe people coming on this board and saying stuff like that.
30 years and not able to bid according to his seniority. I'm sure there is more to the story than he is saying. I know Overnite has always had a policy you had to be able to preform the job you bid on or you couldn't bid on it even if you had the seniority.

Maybe not but it's just hard to believe people coming on this board and saying stuff like that.
30 years and not able to bid according to his seniority. I'm sure there is more to the story than he is saying. I know Overnite has always had a policy you had to be able to preform the job you bid on or you couldn't bid on it even if you had the seniority.

first of all Merry Christmas What I think you fail to understand sometimes.Everything is not as nice as it is in different term as it is in SAC its great that you enjoy the good life but in the real (ups) world is quit different .

first of all Merry Christmas What I think you fail to understand sometimes.Everything is not as nice as it is in different term as it is in SAC its great that you enjoy the good life but in the real (ups) world is quit different .

Thank you and Merry Christmas to you and yours. It's not perfect in Sac either by a long shot. I think you are right I don't know what is going on at other service centers. I shouldn't comment on things that other drivers say when it very well could be the truth. Thanks for setting me straight.:1036316054:

Skeeter, You know I am senior man out of my barn. #1 out of every employee at our barn in every classification including managment. I am #1 Road driver. Just this year I have been bumped off my run and forced to do a lower paying run. Why? Because the driver below me booked off and I was there, It was convenient for managment. It did not matter that I was #1 and there was the whole road list below me. Seniority means nothing at managments will. I have also been forced to go into the city to drop two emptys and pick up two loads to start my run. I was forced to do this all summer 2-3 times per week. This is not what I bid on. But it did not matter. Seniority did not matter. It was convenient for managment.
Remember, not all terminals follow the rule book. Also keep in mind. What happend to me can happen to any one. You know why?? Because the TM can change ANY rule he wants if he feels its to benefit his terminal.

Skeeter, You know I am senior man out of my barn. #1 out of every employee at our barn in every classification including managment. I am #1 Road driver. Just this year I have been bumped off my run and forced to do a lower paying run. Why? Because the driver below me booked off and I was there, It was convenient for managment. It did not matter that I was #1 and there was the whole road list below me. Seniority means nothing at managments will. I have also been forced to go into the city to drop two emptys and pick up two loads to start my run. I was forced to do this all summer 2-3 times per week. This is not what I bid on. But it did not matter. Seniority did not matter. It was convenient for managment.
Remember, not all terminals follow the rule book. Also keep in mind. What happend to me can happen to any one. You know why?? Because the TM can change ANY rule he wants if he feels its to benefit his terminal.

Ok, I hear you...

Well then BusterNite this is a good reason to have the senority policy written in a contract.
every terminal has to abide by the contract language if they like it or not.

i had dispatched from 1960 to 2002 & the system that yellow had in dispatch at charlotte nc when i retired in 2002. u shud have seen it when i started dispatching at akers motor lines in 1960. happy holidays

Forget for a minute the senority issue. With posts like this I need clarification on the formula used to calculate reputation points on this board???????:duh:

Forget for a minute the senority issue. With posts like this I need clarification on the formula used to calculate reputation points on this board???????:duh:

Okay, I will try this.:hide: If you are a nice person, reveal the truth, make incredible statements in referrance to the truth, and for the most part if we like you, at the top of your post there is a scale, we click on the scale, and tell you wether we approve or disapprove of your message with a little space inline for remarks from those judging you. How is that? If you win the hearts of the masses, you go green, if you are known as being an A$$HOLE you go red. Comprende?

So thats how it works.
Thanks for explaning this system on here Accelerator.
I was woundering how we got those rewards?
So its for our kind remarks.
And busted for being nasty vermine.

Well I'm glad I've only got green so far.
I really hope I can keep it that way.