Estes | Who will Be the new owner of Estes Express in 2007

ups is looking for another cheap piece of meat. theyhave plenty of $$$$$$$$$$
I don't think UPS would touch us. They learned with the last buyout what buying a non-union company can do to the bottom line and flying bs. That's why their looking at ABF and another union company. Buy them and keep the work going without all the non-union bs.

Of course we'll never know what's going on, just don't be surprised if you wake up one morning and we're Swift LTL or Chang Kei Sheck Trucking.

I know if I owned this company and no-one in my family wanted it, I'd sell and enjoy the rest of life. Why have this bs on my shoulder when I would have plenty of money to go do whatever and have no more worries.

I don't think UPS would touch us. They learned with the last buyout what buying a non-union company can do to the bottom line and flying bs. That's why their looking at ABF and another union company. Buy them and keep the work going without all the non-union bs.

Of course we'll never know what's going on, just don't be surprised if you wake up one morning and we're Swift LTL or Chang Kei Sheck Trucking.

I know if I owned this company and no-one in my family wanted it, I'd sell and enjoy the rest of life. Why have this bs on my shoulder when I would have plenty of money to go do whatever and have no more worries.

If I were you, and no offence of coarse, I would be more open minded about buyout's by bigger conglomerates, it is not only UPS , fedex and DHL in the game there are a few others in the 3PL business ,with all the LTL companies out there making a bit more profit then we were, I would not count myself out of the game until it happens.

And with my experience in working for UPSF, I feel they wanted the union in UPSF, Ask a few of our drivers over @ the UPSF boards and they will tell you they feel the same as I.

If I were you, and no offence of coarse, I would be more open minded about buyout's by bigger conglomerates, it is not only UPS , fedex and DHL in the game there are a few others in the 3PL business ,with all the LTL companies out there making a bit more profit then we were, I would not count myself out of the game until it happens.

And with my experience in working for UPSF, I feel they wanted the union in UPSF, Ask a few of our drivers over @ the UPSF boards and they will tell you they feel the same as I.
It's my understanding, and I am wanting to confirm what I've heard, that UPS is trying to force a union vote on Overnite/Motor Cargo. Apparently alot of upset package guys that the LTL side is taking work and are not union. Again, it's what I hear.

That being said, it's why I don't believe any of the union companies want to deal with the non-unions for buyouts any more. Lets face it, it's just Estes and Conway for the BIG BUYS right now and I've heard a few have tried but were not comforatble with what Estes was willing to deal.

Again, just hearsay, but make sense hearsay.

Guys,untill it happens Its all just speculation.To me DHL is the only one that doesn't have an LTL they would be the one to put your money on,as for UPS and FEDX they have everything they need ,package,AIR,and LTL the next acquisition ID look for is Rail,they all have enough money to do that.As for the comment about Estes Family with more than enough money,Yea,thats what I would do ,buy one big island and throw one hell of a party.

Please don't turn this into a union/non union issue. I'll have to move the thread if it does and I would rather keep it here.

Thanks

It's my understanding, and I am wanting to confirm what I've heard, that UPS is trying to force a union vote on Overnite/Motor Cargo. Apparently alot of upset package guys that the LTL side is taking work and are not union. Again, it's what I hear.

That being said, it's why I don't believe any of the union companies want to deal with the non-unions for buyouts any more. Lets face it, it's just Estes and Conway for the BIG BUYS right now and I've heard a few have tried but were not comforatble with what Estes was willing to deal.

Again, just hearsay, but make sense hearsay.

Well first of all out of respect for CFER if you want to discuss the labor mvmnt, further ,Please address me at the UPSF boards and I will awnser any questions you may have.

As far as stealing packages, well how many package vans do you know of, that can fit 2000 lbs of 1 package and deliver it at dock height .

I must admit in some cases it is cheaper to send it in pallet form on occasion ,vs individual packages , but not often. Most of the customers we have are customers that have been with us scince before the buyout.

Again, most of you concentrate on 3 major companies, UPS, FEDEX, AND DHL.

There is several different companies abroad that is doing the same, Domestically BURLINGTON NTHERN. is another. AEI is another,KUAHNE AND NAGEL to name another, Makes more monies in the sea then UPS does in the air. These I have mentioned are a few in the 3PL game and there is many more. Kitty hawk is another.

Again do not count yourselves out yet....

Well first of all out of respect for CFER if you want to discuss the labor mvmnt, further ,Please address me at the UPSF boards and I will awnser any questions you may have.

Accelerator, don't forget the union/non-union forum. Situations like this are exactly what it was created for.:1036316054:

I have been estes for the last 14 years and i have never seen it as bad as it is right now .. i have a felling we will be getting a check from DHL soon.

I'm a UPS Freight city driver.
I was at one of the Bed & Bath stores my terminal services this morning delivering.
The Receiving gal told me that their corperate headquarters is dropping ABF,and Roadway,and keeping Estes,and UPS Freight,as well as some truckload carrier called Poole,to do all of their deliveries.
Starting the 1st of May.

Just Bed, Bath& Beyond won't keep us going strong but its a start in the righ direction.

Can you say UPS!

That's all UPS needs is to buy another ltl freight company so they can have even more terminals in the same locations. They are still consolidating terminals. It would be a nightmare to add to that now before they get done with all the merging.:1036316054:

:smilie_132: Why does eveyone always worry about someone buying THE BIG E. If they want to get rid of it they will (I HOPE NOT THOUGH). We just need to keep focused on what is going on now.

I would hope that the rumors would stop, but I guess everyone hates this company. If it's so bad then by all means hit the door, no one is forcing you to work here.

I would hope that the rumors would stop, but I guess everyone hates this company. If it's so bad then by all means hit the door, no one is forcing you to work here.

look i have worked for this company for a long time and i love this company!! if i didnt i would been out the door long ago. i dont know what term. you work at but, the one i do the dispatchers talk down to you like your nothing. and all the changes like the hours sheet that you have to sign every day and trying to cut down on the cost per bill is hurting our business by not getting the ppl freight in the time.. they dont want to ship with a company that cant even make a one day shippment in the same state.:smilie_132:

I'm in my 44th year delivering LTL in the city I live in.
I've worked at 15 LTL companies in that time.

I've always gave it my best job for whoever I worked for,and never worried how they were running their business.

This is why I'm still very happy diving a city route every day.

So the best advice I can offer any one who is driving truck.
Is do your best job,be happy with what you have,and just don't worry about anything else.

:smilie_132: Why does eveyone always worry about someone buying THE BIG E. If they want to get rid of it they will (I HOPE NOT THOUGH). We just need to keep focused on what is going on now.
Keeping focused on what is going on now seems to be what the discussion is all about.

And those that say to hit the door, you're just closed minded and have nothing constructive to say.

For months we have tried to get decent dialogue but we keep getting the attitude. Well, fine. Start talking about all the good Estes has done for their employees. And I mean good things that would set it apart from others, or at least meet the higher standards a half dozen other companies out there do.

I am not pro union, but to say union has screwed all things up is totally wrong. Seems to me a few of the biggest are union and making big bucks.

I would like to think that you're not closed minded but it seems that you are. There are drivers here that seem to think that are it, but some of you have never had to work your *** off in this business, you just think that because you've been working for estes for your career you know about trucking, you only know what estes had taught you, speak up for you know is right and make this a better company