Estes | Who will Be the new owner of Estes Express in 2007

typically guys that say like it or leave it are usually end of the line terminal workers. where you are still respected and not ::shit:: on nearly as much as the break bulks. you have not seen the changes, it hasnt affected you.

if you are a linehaul driver out of these smaller terminals then you are probably extraboard. so there is really nothing that will ever affect you. or you are a hub driver and nothing will change either.

try being at a break bulk,
9 linehaul runs done away with now all extraboard
hub flex told to lay out or stay home
if you are extraboard now you compete with MANY more drivers over less miles

Keeping focused on what is going on now seems to be what the discussion is all about.

And those that say to hit the door, you're just closed minded and have nothing constructive to say.

For months we have tried to get decent dialogue but we keep getting the attitude. Well, fine. Start talking about all the good Estes has done for their employees. And I mean good things that would set it apart from others, or at least meet the higher standards a half dozen other companies out there do.

I am not pro union, but to say union has screwed all things up is totally wrong. Seems to me a few of the biggest are union and making big bucks.

10-4 come on......:1036316054:

Start talking about all the good Estes has done for their employees. And I mean good things that would set it apart from others, or at least meet the higher standards a half dozen other companies out there do.

ok please tell me what these other half a dozen companys have done that Estes has not done. and if money id the only thing you are concerned about. i am sorry but 49cpm aint a bad wage in my book so lets leave the money out of it. okay? thank you looking forward to everyones response :D

ok please tell me what these other half a dozen companys have done that Estes has not done. and if money id the only thing you are concerned about. i am sorry but 49cpm aint a bad wage in my book so lets leave the money out of it. okay? thank you looking forward to everyones response :D
I'm sorry, I must have missed something. Or did you forget to type something up positive about Estes.

You just proved the point. Come back slamming with nothing positive to point out.

Great Job!

I think the city drivers out of Buffalo,that deliver in the Rochester NY area are very friendly,and willing to help out us other LTL drivers if we need it.
I'm a UPS freight city driver and thats as positive as I can do for you looking at your company from outside.

I think the city drivers out of Buffalo,that deliver in the Rochester NY area are very friendly,and willing to help out us other LTL drivers if we need it.
I'm a UPS freight city driver and thats as positive as I can do for you looking at your company from outside.
Well, that is positive and it's nice to hear. We do have some pretty damn good people, just as you do. My best friend is a UPS (Ex-Estes) driver. I think for the most part we all have good people, and to the lesser degree some not so good drivers. I think the point trying to be raised though is the company ethics, etc.

Great to hear this though. I remember the days when it was common that we were all brothers looking out for each other no matter who we drove for. It's still out there but you have to look for it unfortunately.

Thanks for coming to our board with your comments, you are always welcome!

those bs rumors

i know what you mean by those bs rumors. during 15 yrs. with Watkins i've heard those bs rumors that we had been sold to yellow,ups,dhl and fedex. guess some rumors do have a ring of truth.:hysterical:

I remember the days when it was common that we were all brothers looking out for each other no matter who we drove for. It's still out there but you have to look for it unfortunately.
A very famous man once said " We must learn to live together as Brothers or perish together as Fools."
I remember well the days when truckers thought of each other as brothers and treated each other with respect. Sure would be nice to return to those days of yesteryear!:1036316054:

A very famous man once said " We must learn to live together as Brothers or perish together as Fools."
I remember well the days when truckers thought of each other as brothers and treated each other with respect. Sure would be nice to return to those days of yesteryear!:1036316054:

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYY, those teeth give me the heebee jeebee's,,,, I will never look at a frog the same way.......LOLLOLLOLLOL.

And APO. is 100% correct in his statement, I am from the north and the drivers for estes up here are just as pleasant and helpfull.....

I'm sorry, I must have missed something. Or did you forget to type something up positive about Estes.

You just proved the point. Come back slamming with nothing positive to point out.

Great Job!

ummmm i quoted you and asked for the positives of the OTHER half a dozen companies that YOU think are so great!!!!!

my positive was the pay. i know it is not the best, however IT IS NOT THE WORST.

now if you want slams i have proven that i am willing to do that. however i was not slamming you i was ASKING you to point out the possitive point on the other half a dozen companies.

and here is more positives for you. 401k plan, medical/dental insurance, NEW tractors, being paid on time, direct deposit with up to 3 alotments, 49cpm top pay ( but if you were hired before april of 2003, which i am sure you are, you get 51.5cpm top pay. oh and BTW explain that 1), 6 free uniform shirts, freedom to wear shorts to work ( 3 different colors), oh and my favorite if you have a problem with operations, and have something constructive to say, and not whine about some stupid CRAP ( and to be more clear on this cuse we all know why :D constructive means give them other optoins NOT i dont like this so change it, if you give them other optoins that will benefit the company they will at least listen to you, they may not do it but they will listen. and that means ALOT to me), you can talk personaly to rob e, mike e, jr j, and if your shop is doing stuff wrong you can talk to scott w. 1 week after 1 year, 2 weeks after 2 years vacation and being paid 1/52 of your wage up to $1200 per week NOT 40 hours which screws us hard, and yes then its 3 weeks after 9 years and 4weeks after 18 year i dont like that BUT i am not willing to quit over it. not having to work the dock at your turn point, con-way does that 1. and NOT a union company and will probly never be :D

Rumours always fly of a sale, but Estes won't tell you if they will anyway, it's called "insider trading" to let you know before a sale.

For insider trading to be possible, there has to be common stock traded on the open market, of which there is NONE with respect to Estes.

So the best advice I can offer any one who is driving truck.
Is do your best job,be happy with what you have,and just don't worry about anything else.

AMEN, brother - that, without question, is simply the best advice anyone has given on here in a looooooong time - been a lurker for so long, felt I had to post.:clap:

For insider trading to be possible, there has to be common stock traded on the open market, of which there is NONE with respect to Estes.

SOMEBODY finally caught this? My god how long ago did I post this? I knew when I said it, but expected to get nailed right away!

All American companies are working to please their owners,stock holders,or privatelly owned.
The upper management will do all they can to grow the business and make a profit.

All the complaning,or worry of their workers,won't change how they are doing what they think they need to do to stay in business.
I know this is true.
I've worked for 15 LTL companies since 1966.
Only two are still in business Yellow which I had no hope of going on their fultime clock,according to the local TM.
And Overnite which is now the LTL division of UPS.

Deep discounting put all the other companies out of business.

All of us workers did what we could to help them survive,but they couldn't make it.

So over these many years I've learned to take pride in the company I work for,do my best for them,and thank God I'm working,and earning a good paycheck.
Also I don't waste my time with worry of things I have no control over.
Worry is a total waste of time.
This is my battle cry,in these hard economic times.
"Do your best,and don't worry about the rest!"

No such thing happening...I assure you Estes is not for sale...why would they sale..they are making great money, and they have a good platform in the country..would you sale a goose that lays golden eggs...I don't think so unless he quit laying...duh....

No such thing happening...I assure you Estes is not for sale...why would they sale..they are making great money, and they have a good platform in the country..would you sale a goose that lays golden eggs...I don't think so unless he quit laying...duh....

what if you start to realize that you can no longer make any more profit from sqeezing the sweat out of your employees? would that be the best or worst time to sell? if you were making so much money you could buy another company and grow in double digits for 10 years straight, then all of a sudden you are stagnant. it all comes screeching down to a crawl, freight drys up and employees are suddenly making substantially less. then you bring in bean counters to squeeze any profit you can from current operations. which means employees.

while more and more companies are being bought you stay your course, being family owned and operated. for sure one of the small guys in the LTL business. being up against GIANTS long term, is the future really that bright?

imo its not "if they will" but its "when will they" cash in...

Shifter, unless you personally are the person that decides whether Estes would ever be sold your statement is nothing but speculation.

Every company is for sale. All it takes is the right person coming along and offering the right price.
That goose that lays the golden eggs could be worth a real lot on the open market and if it's owners don't want to take care of it anymore it will be sold in a second for the right price.