TForce | Who will see that shipment through?

Dockworker

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
"As it stands," he said Friday, "UPS will not deliver to her house."

The Desk recommended that McCarthy file a complaint with Oregon's attorney general's office.

For now, all of her deliveries are either delivered to the neighbor's house or returned to the sender. The paper's consumer reporter helped the woman take her complaint to the state attorney general's office....and there it stands.

The rather discouraging moral: don't annoy your deliveryperson if you hope to ever receive another package again.

Who will see that shipment through?

Ha ha, I remember having to put a few customers on the 'non-delivery' list myself back in the day. Thank God I deliver trailers now and don't have to deal with the public!

Ha ha, I remember having to put a few customers on the 'non-delivery' list myself back in the day. Thank God I deliver trailers now and don't have to deal with the public!

Besides this ladies rant...what are the reasons to put an end customer on that list?

fedex will get it through

Not if he is a highly decorated UPS driver.:biglaugh:

meinretirement.jpg

Besides this ladies rant...what are the reasons to put an end customer on that list?

Usually safety issues such as poorly controlled dogs, verbal assaults, threats, and that type of incident. Also, a residence could come up on a no dr (driver release) list because of excessive claims, though you would be expected to try a neighbor for an indirect delivery.
I remember one poor driver who had a gay bar he made deliveries to. He had to walk in and make the delivery to the bartender for a signature. He would get there around lunch so the place would be packed and he would be subject to cat calls and comments on his shorts, legs, package, special delivery and on and on. Finally he couldn't take it anymore and complained to his supervisor. The Center Mng agreed that the conditions were unacceptable and authorized the business to be placed on nondelivery. The deliveries were to be in-directed to a neighboring business, or held at UPS for will call.

Gotta be more to this story?
You know the public are always ready to get all over big companies,if they encounter some difficulty.
And of course the media are more than happy to add their 2 cents.

I remember when we were first rebranded UPS from Overnite,and some of my regular customers that used to help me break down and unload their skids,at back doors without docks.
Said put it here,or put it there,my regular UPS driver does it.
I said yes but I'm freight and I still need help with your skid just like before when I was Overnite.

In other words they expected free inside deliveries,because I had a new UPS Freight uniform.

Needless to say there where a few irate phone calls made about my attitude.

To this day, our services are still mistaken for what Parcel does.
I just give them the run down on what accessorial charges are.

i remember we had one customer tell us it our job to do inside delivery for free without the extra charge. he signed off on the charges and then called customer service to dispute the charges. he hadn't even billed the extra charges to him yet.

I just explain that the inside delivery was already included in the UPS delivery and UPS freight does not include inside delivery with out them asking for it. I keep the price list for extra charges on my clip board and show them it if they start to complain, since I have it in writing they stop complaining and either sign off on it, or help me unload.

Good for you sppollock,that is the best way to deal with freight customers.
Leave nothing to question.

Trouble is,it is hard enough to deliver freight in a timely fashion.
UPS parcel drivers have always made inside deliveries a part of their service.

Now that UPS has a freight division, a lot of the customers have a hard time separating the idea of heavy freight and small packages.
So now city drivers have to take the extra time to educate them.

Where are the sales people in all of this when they are selling,they should be the ones telling the old Overnite customers about the differences in services.
If anyone has the time to do the educating it would be those sales folks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good for you sppollock,that is the best way to deal with freight customers.
Leave nothing to question.

Trouble is,it is hard enough to deliver freight in a timely fashion.
UPS parcel drivers have always made inside deliveries a part of their service.

Now that UPS has a freight division, a lot of the customers have a hard time separating the idea of heavy freight and small packages.
So now city drivers have to take the extra time to educate them.

Where are the sales people in all of this when they are selling,they should be the ones telling the old Overnite customers about the differences in services.
If anyone has the time to do the educating it would be those sales folks.

Sales reps..... HA HA HA HA!!!! That was good, they also need to sell the company but instead WE have to go out with sales leads to sell the company. What is it again they do?