Yellow | Who won the debate

Thank you, but I have one.
Our most important issues are saving our pensions,and bringing in new members.They talked about who said what and when.I don't care about who said what,Tell me what you can and will do for us if elected.
Roadboss #5,
Roadboss, Crystal#8, and Flatop#18, didn't see or hear anything that would suggest to them that someone has a plan. Forget recruiting new people, the gorilla in the room is the pension problem. Of the 18 comments posted so far, not one has suggested that they saw or heard anything remotely resembling a plan to solve the pension problem and these are the only two groups that are running. It's going to be one or the other and Roadboss hit the nail on the head.
Our most important issues are saving our pensions,and bringing in new members.They talked about who said what and when.I don't care about who said what,Tell me what you can and will do for us if elected.
If I understand the debate schedule correctly, this was the only scheduled debate. The only time that one team or the other had a national audience to lay out their plans and what did they layout, nothing, nada, zilch. With roughly 6 weeks until the ballot count, neither side has a plan or chose to share one. They are kicking the can down the road.
I posted at #7,There is nothing they can say about either topic because there is nothing that they can do about either topic. The ship is sinking and they hope that the passengers will not notice that there is not enough lifeboats for everyone.
Roadboss and WTF didn't like this comment, but neither posted that it was wrong either. If I'm wrong, show me.
Will survive, no matter what happens,There's to much to lose,and too much at stake.

knowing you have a problem after the barn has been burned down is too late im afraid . lots of chatter but i hear nothing . union meetings . nawwww i gotta work a 7 punch every week . keeping an eye on your pensions , nawwww we pay guys to do that , when people said this is wrong or thats wrong how many just said . what ya want me to do about it ? being proactive would of been nice .this has been coming since they allowed yellow -roadway to be smashed together and about 3/4 of our brothers were tossed into the streets .. letting ups out of central states was a nail in the coffin .teamsters the ones left said well at least im still working . hows that worked out ?
I m not going to say i told you so .
how many here argued that they cant do that ? they did .
i was run out of here more than once for saying shinny wheels would be the worse thing we could allow . and was told but its only for emergencies , they wont do that . how many said they wont try to go all part time casuals ? . hell they cant keep any one forget about p/t help .
how many believe after the 1st mou ended they would go back to full rate ? oppps guess you are there now .
if you think it will get better in 19 i feel a little sorry for you . it wont
sorry about the rant but it needed to be said

knowing you have a problem after the barn has been burned down is too late im afraid . lots of chatter but i hear nothing . union meetings . nawwww i gotta work a 7 punch every week . keeping an eye on your pensions , nawwww we pay guys to do that , when people said this is wrong or thats wrong how many just said . what ya want me to do about it ? being proactive would of been nice .this has been coming since they allowed yellow -roadway to be smashed together and about 3/4 of our brothers were tossed into the streets .. letting ups out of central states was a nail in the coffin .teamsters the ones left said well at least im still working . hows that worked out ?
I m not going to say i told you so .
how many here argued that they cant do that ? they did .
i was run out of here more than once for saying shinny wheels would be the worse thing we could allow . and was told but its only for emergencies , they wont do that . how many said they wont try to go all part time casuals ? . hell they cant keep any one forget about p/t help .
how many believe after the 1st mou ended they would go back to full rate ? oppps guess you are there now .
if you think it will get better in 19 i feel a little sorry for you . it wont
sorry about the rant but it needed to be said
Your absolutely right brother,but the fight lives on
The ones that won't fight any more ,lay down your sword
Will find someone to take your place.It's over when we say it's over.I hope you have the Will and strength to carry on.Just remember after every time you got your ass kicked you got smarter and stronger.I am with you if you can fight,Lead follow or get the he'll out of the way.God Bless us All. .

Well,Hall reflected on his and Jimmies record.Zuckerman sometimes stumbled with his facts and his insistence on our core industries.I think both missed the mark.Our most important issues are saving our pensions,and bringing in new members.They talked about who said what and when.I don't care about who said what,Tell me what you can and will do for us if elected.
I agree, just keep in mind Jr. has had 17 yrs and all he's done is tear this union down by bowing down to whatever YRC, UPS and ABF want. What has Jr. done for we the members? NOTHING! For 17 yrs Jr's only accomplishments has been to line his own pockets and the pockets of corporate execs! Screw Jr. I'm proud to say I never voted for that P O S . The Teamsters need change! We need to quit b!t#hing on t b and get out and educate other members. There's an awful lot of knowledge within the members on tb and we all need to spend time getting the word out, Jr. has to go! I'm voting for Fred and I am practicing what I'm preaching.

Tell me if I am in the minority, I believe that the pension is toast, it can not and will not be saved. I also think that not going through with the reduced payments to lengthen the amount of time the pension can survive was a mistake. I believe that getting half a pension for twenty years is better than getting a full pension for ten years. I am also of the belief that our only hope ten or fifteen years down the road is that the government plan to give the members 1100 dollars or whatever the amount is also does not go broke and in ten years we get a big fat zero dollars a month. Maybe these are bad ideas but it is what I think and believe.

Tell me if I am in the minority, I believe that the pension is toast,
Minority or not you are right, as long as you are referring to CSPF, not all are that toasted.
I am also of the belief that our only hope ten or fifteen years down the road is that the government plan to give the members 1100 dollars or whatever the amount is also does not go broke and in ten years we get a big fat zero dollars a month.
Could happen and I would expect some violence over it, particularly if our country continues on its current coarse.
I also think that not going through with the reduced payments to lengthen the amount of time the pension can survive was a mistake.
The treasury dept killed that idea as unacceptable for several reasons, case closed. Oh, but if you want you can blame plan administrators for submitting an unacceptable relief plan.
I believe that getting half a pension for twenty years is better than getting a full pension for ten years.
That would depend on which side of the pension fence you currently stand on.

I agree, just keep in mind Jr. has had 17 yrs and all he's done is tear this union down by bowing down to whatever YRC, UPS and ABF want. What has Jr. done for we the members? NOTHING! For 17 yrs Jr's only accomplishments has been to line his own pockets and the pockets of corporate execs! Screw Jr. I'm proud to say I never voted for that P O S . The Teamsters need change! We need to quit b!t#hing on t b and get out and educate other members. There's an awful lot of knowledge within the members on tb and we all need to spend time getting the word out, Jr. has to go! I'm voting for Fred and I am practicing what I'm preaching.

Quit your lying Marky......You sold the 776 freight members out. 120+ grievances you failed to docket.The members know it and arent going to forgett it.