TForce | who works ???

upfront

TB Lurker
Credits
if dock with cdl, and city are the same under cartage,and a bid of 5am dock guy comes in and works 5 hours,and there is nothing left to do, and he has company time on all adhoc possitions and is told to go home. then all 4 adhoc drivers come in and get over 8 hrs some currently had over 40 hrs for the week. there were several runs there that were only 3 to 4 which would give this guy his 8 what would the ruling be.

there are no ad-hoc positions, adhoc means work that is not done by a bid, for instance a shipper wants somthing delivered on a sunday, then that is ad-hoc work.

This was agreed upon earlier in the companies favor then overturned later on, there is no such thing as an ad-hoc position.

90% of fulltime employees are guaranteed 8 hours. Mgt. has told us that Pt employees can't work more than Ft employees in the same class.

there are no ad-hoc positions, adhoc means work that is not done by a bid, for instance a shipper wants somthing delivered on a sunday, then that is ad-hoc work.

This was agreed upon earlier in the companies favor then overturned later on, there is no such thing as an ad-hoc position.

90% of fulltime employees are guaranteed 8 hours. Mgt. has told us that Pt employees can't work more than Ft employees in the same class.
I would sure love to see this on paper. As far as my terminal and local are concerned, there are still Ad Hoc positions.
My take on the contract and ad hoc has ALWAYS been that the clause refers to work, and not positions.

This was just deceided on a week or 2 ago, we have a list of what adhoc work is.

it is the same thing as the who wants to work weekends list, then they pick off that list by seniority, if somthing comes available.

This was just deceided on a week or 2 ago, we have a list of what adhoc work is.

it is the same thing as the who wants to work weekends list, then they pick off that list by seniority, if somthing comes available.
Overnite, is there some way that you can email me this ruling or send me a site address with the ruling. I have a grievance hearing coming up on the same situation.

Overnite, is there some way that you can email me this ruling or send me a site address with the ruling. I have a grievance hearing coming up on the same situation.

Yes, Overnite can you show us the ruling on this we still have ad-hovc employees, two of them, also when it cames to weekend work we do it by seniority,and if you are in the 90% group you will be guaranteed 8, just won this in arbitration,arbitrator ruled in the unions favor

We don't have anything in hand yet, all I have in hand is where it was deceided ad hoc was upheld, apparently it was overturned at the national panel and it over rules regional panels, we don't have any paperwork from the national panels yet.

Tm and Ba have told us ad hoc is gone.

I will post it up as soon as I get it.