who would want to buy Wilson??

i think they are past being or wanting to be sold now. They are spending $20 to $25,000 doing complete inside and out over hauls of old tractors. Some of their employees believe it is to stay under the requirements for ELD's coming the middle of next year.

i think they are past being or wanting to be sold now. They are spending $20 to $25,000 doing complete inside and out over hauls of old tractors. Some of their employees believe it is to stay under the requirements for ELD's coming the middle of next year.

All of Wilsons equipment I see on the road looks well maintained and decently clean. Those old Volvos look better than most new ones from other companies. Rarely ever see Wilson broke down on side of the road. Personally.

I have not kept up too much with Wilson, although I live very close to their home terminal, but when Buddy was alive and Jim Clark and his son ran the shop. the equipment was "tops". I had a Freightliner at that time and from time to time, I needed a part and Wilson was running all Freightliners then, I would go over and Mr. Clark would give me permission to purchase the needed part. At that time, you could eat off the floor of the shop, it was kept like a hospital, not messy or dirty as most shops are, but "spotless". They had a salvage store on property where you could go and buy their damaged freight or refused freight, you could find some good buys. But over the years, Buddy died, Jim Clark and his son left and I sold my truck and actually lost contact with anyone at Wilson, but they treated me good, but I was not an employee-LOL

Those were the best years to work there from all i hear from the older drivers
Years ago there was a very strong rumors that the former roadway services were interested on purchasing wilson to be apart of their un union l t l carriers, spartan, coles ,viking and central of tx