New Penn | Who??????

usftrucker

TB Lurker
Credits
Just a poll here - Between Reddaway and New Penn, who will YRC succeed in destroying first? I think Reddaway is currently winning the race. With the Bestway merge our O.R. has soared from about 90 to well over 100. Keep your force fields up New Penn, may the dorks be with you...........:biglaugh:

all that is left in usf is reddeyway and holland did yellow buy us just to kill us off they put up more money to get us than roadway

well after sunday's meeting, im not too sure sure if it's just YRC playing the games if you know what i mean. it was definately a wake up call and just another notion that every working man needs to check himself financially for the future. gentlemen, don't depend on that pension. nothing is guaranteed :hide:

The way I look at is they seen C.F. close down and dump on the union so they are going to try and do the same here it may take 5 to 10 years but theyare going to run us in the ground.

now the question is this : why would Dollar Bill run this operation into the ground purposely ? what is there to gain ? CF had CCX to fall back on as it was non-union. YRC, with the exception of YRC Logistics (Meridian IQ) and USF GLen Moore, is all union so why would they destroy the cash-cow which is New Penn ? aint no non-union carrier to build. granted, we're not making the money that we made 5-10 years ago but neither is any carrier out there. the entire LTL industry to me hasn't fared well in years. and besides, YRC got what they wanted a couple of years ago when they helped put Red Star out of business. just my opinion :chairshot: i can't believe they would do the same to us :1036316054:

keep in mind, when Yellow aquired USF, im pretty sure it was already laid out on the table by the billionaires that Red Star had to go as so they would not interfere with New Penn business.

now guys don't be paranoid
yrc is just putting a little pressure on new penn to get them to fall in line in our area
they would like to make you guys combo which would enhance greatly their operation and connectivity with holland
everywhere else is combo and it pisses them off immensely that a few "rogue" terminals are not
they will not hurt new penn as it is extremely profitable
you see they wouldn't close the deal in purchasing usf if it included red star a very unprofitable company
why would they want red star when they already had new penn poised to fill the void

it really may come down to premium service
question why hasn't yellow or roadway ventured into it as of yet? abf is almost a million miles ahead in that regard

well the answer is simple
yrc has the holland / new penn / reddaway system to perform that service and fill that need
if yellow or roadway entered that business area it very well may undermine their owm subsideraries and hurt the parent corp 's bottom line

holland has had the "hoffa dispatch" since the 50's which is eerily similar language when compared to the premium service language we have currently
all that has to be done is to get new penn on the same page
so expect some pressure locally as all the other new penn terminals i believe outside the nynj supplement are combo
combo is the common denominator for a successful premium service operation or better yet description would be
a fully integrated pse operation

well after sunday's meeting, im not too sure sure if it's just YRC playing the games if you know what i mean. it was definately a wake up call and just another notion that every working man needs to check himself financially for the future. gentlemen, don't depend on that pension. nothing is guaranteed :hide:

What happened at Sundays meeting?

yrc has the holland / new penn / reddaway system to perform that service and fill that need
if yellow or roadway entered that business area it very well may undermine their owm subsideraries and hurt the parent corp 's bottom line

Roadway has made a change of operations to run next day schedules on the west coast. I brought up that very same argument, and no one could provide an answer as to what kind of games they're playing. It seems to me they're blatanly competing with themselves.

Maybe they're playing with themselves period, that's all they know.....:biglaugh:

sidenote- what does "combo" refer to?????

Roadway has made a change of operations to run next day schedules on the west coast. I brought up that very same argument, and no one could provide an answer as to what kind of games they're playing. It seems to me they're blatanly competing with themselves.

Maybe they're playing with themselves period, that's all they know.....:biglaugh:

sidenote- what does "combo" refer to?????

Big Steve's "combo" comment i believe was meant to say that the drivers work the dock. for example, my barn has the ILA (Longshoremen's union) on the dock as does Roadway down the block from us. im almost certain that both S.Kearny terminals for both co.'s have the ILA there as well.

I heard that the NPMF Trenton barn (641 combo) had 1 of their best outbound nights last week, over 900 bills & an OR of 68% for the night Hows that for a small terminal in july.

now guys don't be paranoid
yrc is just putting a little pressure on new penn to get them to fall in line in our area
they would like to make you guys combo which would enhance greatly their operation and connectivity with holland
everywhere else is combo and it pisses them off immensely that a few "rogue" terminals are not
they will not hurt new penn as it is extremely profitable
you see they wouldn't close the deal in purchasing usf if it included red star a very unprofitable company
why would they want red star when they already had new penn poised to fill the void

it really may come down to premium service
question why hasn't yellow or roadway ventured into it as of yet? abf is almost a million miles ahead in that regard

holland has had the "hoffa dispatch" since the 50's which is eerily similar language when compared to the premium service language we have currently
all that has to be done is to get new penn on the same page
so expect some pressure locally as all the other new penn terminals i believe outside the nynj supplement are combo
combo is the common denominator for a successful premium service operation or better yet description would be
a fully integrated pse operation

YRC would have a helluva problem trying to get rid of the ILA off our docks

a couple of Weeks ago a senior company officer visited our barn, when asked he stated NP was operating with a 86 O/R. But in the same conversation he said we could be doing better if it wasn't for the high costs of our benefits. They are looking at anyway they can to squeeze more out of us.

a couple of Weeks ago a senior company officer visited our barn, when asked he stated NP was operating with a 86 O/R. But in the same conversation he said we could be doing better if it wasn't for the high costs of our benefits. They are looking at anyway they can to squeeze more out of us.

you know some of these suits have gotta alot of balls making comments like that when some of them don't deserve their own salaries. i mean really, why don't some of these guys stop with the complaining about our high cost bennies and give back some of their underserving money ? how would our numbers look then ?

you know some of these suits have gotta alot of balls making comments like that when some of them don't deserve their own salaries. i mean really, why don't some of these guys stop with the complaining about our high cost bennies and give back some of their underserving money ? how would our numbers look then ?

:chairshot: How dare you even think of something like that:chairshot: I will let the big guy know how you are thinking maybe he will straighten you out:biglaugh: To think management without bonuses:biglaugh:

:chairshot: How dare you even think of something like that:chairshot: I will let the big guy know how you are thinking maybe he will straighten you out:biglaugh: To think management without bonuses:biglaugh:

i'll make sure to let my TM know when the shuttle comes from N.B. to keep an eye out for you so he can straighten you out ! remember, stay away from my Cadillac

Do you think we can even get on accurate OR number anymore? Like management knows.....:hysterical: :hysterical:
I noticed YRC only files as YRC Regional on their 10k reports now.