ABF | WhooWhoo Freight Train of Change

I was in Jackson,Tn. 4-8-09 I was told Fletcher NC,Jackson TN,Cape,Springfield,Erie,PA road board was gone.068 business agent has heard nothing about changes at 068. I was also told 068 not involved. Business agent said if 068 involved he would have paperwork on it. I just wish everybody involved good luck.

I wish that you would not spread rumors that you heard from a guy that heard it from the guys over there who got it from a reliable sources source. We will not know the content of the change until we see the proposal, further the decision of the COO committee has the final say what is what.

In other words, "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain".

rumor contrrol

I just talked to 2 dayton road drivers and they confirmed the rumor about cape and other terms. These "quote" rumors are just an attempt to inform us about changes that might be coming. We all are trying to stay informed and mgmt. will not be up front about anything until it is a done deal. Sometimes the voice behind the curtain does know what they are talking about and just wish to stay in the shadows.

I know for sure that the shop in Fletcher has closed because all 6 shop employees transferred to the shop at 051 Winston. Not a rumor, a fact.

Change of Operation

The latest I heard is that in fact Cape Girardeau & Jackson Tn. relay will be a thing of the past. Drivers will be added at Memphis, Oklahoma City & Amarillo. I suspect that the Weatherford Ok. relay/layover will be mostly eliminated. Amarillo can be ran out of Little Rock. Amarillo can be turned from Albuquerque. Also I understand that Oklahoma City will be ran from Memphis. Albuquerque drivers can run to Oklahoma City.
Two cost savings will be realized from this, less motel bills & utilizing drivers more. The company has said that the benefits they pay on a driver is the same if he runs 600 miles or 400 miles per dispatch.
Some driver positons will probably be eliminated from this change. All trucking companies are getting lean & mean.
It's crunch time & the company is playing for the marbles.

Those of us who are laid off are just S#&T out of luck right?

I would'nt quite say that yet. I know it's tough man. Keep you're head up. Several scenarios can pan out. We'll just have to wait for some factual info. Hopefully it will not be long. It's just not ABF that has to trim and be slim right now, it's effecting all companies. I've been in this position before myself, so I know what the folks laid off are going thru. I'm thinking of you folks, I truly am. Hoping that all works out for my fellow brother and sisters.

My Local Union got the COO in the mail friday. 12pack, your BA over there has had the information for weeks, and has only shared this with the YRC guys. Wonder why that is??

My Local Union got the COO in the mail friday. 12pack, your BA over there has had the information for weeks, and has only shared this with the YRC guys. Wonder why that is??

We my Stewart and my BA learned about this Monday at mokan post mark on the April 5 I was told

We my Stewart and my BA learned about this Monday at mokan post mark on the April 5 I was told

When I get an opportunity to review the COO and interview the company I will call you. I talked to Gary the other day and he only had the hear say that was spread at the meeting, nothing concrete.

Happy Easter

When I get an opportunity to review the COO and interview the company I will call you. I talked to Gary the other day and he only had the hear say that was spread at the meeting, nothing concrete.

Happy Easter

Yes it was hear say I didn't see it in writeing till wednsday. I always knew there was a chance 002 could be closed I just always hoped I could get a transfer if this happened

Happy Easter and thankyou

You guys trash people for spreading rumors and to wait for facts. You get the facts and now you're not sharing what the facts are. Once again, rumors is all we've got because no one is sharing.

Let's put some facts out from the COO that you hold in your hands, please.

I just talked to 2 dayton road drivers and they confirmed the rumor about cape and other terms. These "quote" rumors are just an attempt to inform us about changes that might be coming. We all are trying to stay informed and mgmt. will not be up front about anything until it is a done deal. Sometimes the voice behind the curtain does know what they are talking about and just wish to stay in the shadows.

I agree with this.

You guys trash people for spreading rumors and to wait for facts. You get the facts and now you're not sharing what the facts are. Once again, rumors is all we've got because no one is sharing.

Let's put some facts out from the COO that you hold in your hands, please.

Facts ABF has a multi regional COO proposal.
What I saw was about 40 pages of changes it is probobly on the net do a search I can put some of it up when I get in.

ABF proposal is

002 STL would have 8 road 3 transfers - 30
083 Cape closed 10 transfers
419 Springfield IL closed 18 transfers
That is ones arround me that i remember numbers on

I saw the chart of what terminals would lose and what would gain last night. The total overall loss was 127 road drivers. I will try to get my hands on my own copy tonight when I go in.

Funny thing is over a year ago I heard this was in the works, making Memphis a mini-break and building up a road board. I don't understand how ABF will handle growth if the economy comes back without having severe bottlenecks with freight and equipment. These changes may seem well thought out to some, I don't agree. :ranting2:This is a rumor I HATE, supposedly, if the drivers from eliminated terminals don't make the cut in the change they are terminated with no recall rights = total loss of company seniority. Seems odd that ABF would let these quality people go and hire off the street as growth needs.