FedEx Freight | Who's Buying Watkins this week????

How does that Foot Taste?

ceo4mom said:
Big question now is Where Have All The Know It All's Gone that just knew it was a "Done Deal"??

They must be :nutkick: themselves now since the wave has rolled over and there is no shore to crash on.:biglaugh:

When wil they ever learn that I will be the only one who ever buys this place so when I start talking you can take it to the Investment Bank!!!

Better Luck Next Time!!!

:footinmouth: :chairshot:

Please forward or post the following announcement.

You may have heard that an article appeared in a Memphis paper on Saturday speculating about a possible sale of Watkins Motor Lines. That article is based on unnamed sources and rumor.

Watkins Motor Lines has always been and still is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Watkins Associated Industries. If that status changes, you
will hear about it from us -- not in a newspaper article.

i bet there will be questions flying monday, especially at watkins. maybe after that artical in the paper they will come clean a little earlier to settle FedEx people, Watkins People, and customers down.

wtnmale650 said:
i bet there will be questions flying monday, especially at watkins. maybe after that artical in the paper they will come clean a little earlier to settle FedEx people, Watkins People, and customers down.

One thing to look out for Monday AM before the stock market opens.....under SEC rules a publically traded company has to release ANY press information that could affect its stock for the day in a + and/or - way............KK

weird signals

TM said raises were upcoming the first of next month on Wed. Lay offs were handed out on Fri plus changes of status from full-time to part-time. Lack of freight were sited. Never posted here. Mostly sat back and read the post.

i think it is mcdonald,s buying us and there will be big cheeseburgers on the side of the trucks. it will be called CHEESEBURGER XPRESS.

fr8rookie said:
TM said raises were upcoming the first of next month on Wed. Lay offs were handed out on Fri plus changes of status from full-time to part-time. Lack of freight were sited. Never posted here. Mostly sat back and read the post.
Welcome to trucking boards fr8rookie. Good to have you posting.

GOAT...Just read the same thing you read, so I assume you work for Watkins? According to the e-mail we got, IF the owner status of WML changes we will hear it from Watkins...not a newspaper article.

suej said:
GOAT...Just read the same thing you read, so I assume you work for Watkins? According to the e-mail we got, IF the owner status of WML changes we will hear it from Watkins...not a newspaper article.
Does that mean you will hear it 1st from them?

I can't wait to get to work in the morning to see if the TM's have anything to say...I see nothing...I hear nothing... I know nothing... hahaha

The Watkins Family CANNOT say anything, due to SEC obligations... Insider trading (see martha stewart for definition). I was told last week that we cannot replace a fired employee under my supervision "until the fedex thing is done"... that came from the VP of my department... DONE DEAL

shop said:
The Watkins Family CANNOT say anything, due to SEC obligations... Insider trading (see martha stewart for definition)

You are correct sir

Jeff said:
You are correct sir
they are privately owned....so they have an obligation to talk to their employees first. I can not believe it hit the papers. Someone has loose lips and i am sure the source will be available to the industry on monday.

trucker4cf said:
they are privately owned....so they have an obligation to talk to their employees first. I can not believe it hit the papers. Someone has loose lips and i am sure the source will be available to the industry on monday.

does not matter, the buyer if they are bought by Fedex is not privately owned....

sell

if it is a sell watkins cannot tell its people until the stockholders know. if they did tell watkins people before everyone else and they went out and purchased stock before everyone else they would have been given insider information. that could mean jail time. its not that dont like you or are hiding anything from you, they just cant say for legal issues.
i dont think they will stop paid transportation at fxf . i do believe they wanted canada first and foremost. deferred or national service as yellow/roadway(which would be watkins motor lines) and truckload (landspan). i have no idea for sure, but thats just the way i see it.

trucker4cf said:
Moral obligation or a legal obligation ? Bottom line is big business,Employees don't matter in the work force anymore.. Just look at past mergers and buyouts and whatever where companys were sold..Good luck to all those involved if its true..

cbbadgett said:
I just wish they would go ahead and make some type of annoucement. My husband works for Watkins as a mechanic, and I am just worried that he will not be able to keep his job if they do sell out
FedEx is growing, growing, growing. They need mechanics now more than ever.

Hang in there. I personally do not think anyone will lose their job over this. FedEx needs good people all around.