FedEx Freight | Who's Buying Watkins this week????

shop said:
I haven't misled you so far....
What will happen
1) chip and clay got BIG checks to stay on for a "transition period".... to give th impression that it is still "the same" (it is dead put it in the ground)
2) Long haul carrier... regional guys, kiss it good by that is where there ground division comes in
3) P&D.. drastically cut... the fedex guys will get it to and from the breakbulks
4) Shop... ask the american and viking guys where their shops employees are.... gone all out sourced

Two words: union yes

Hey shop Vitran is hiring. There wanting to go union. You might be happier over there.:nutkick:

shop said:
What will happen
1) chip and clay got BIG checks to stay on for a "transition period".... to give th impression that it is still "the same" (it is dead put it in the ground)
2) Long haul carrier... regional guys, kiss it good by that is where there ground division comes in
3) P&D.. drastically cut... the fedex guys will get it to and from the breakbulks
4) Shop... ask the american and viking guys where their shops employees are.... gone all out sourced

Where do you get your info? I know alot of shop people that have been here long before fdx bought AF.:duh:

shop said:
What will happen

I am not sure where you got your information Shop, but I started at Viking in 1984. I know mechanics that are still working and some that have retired all since we became Fedex.

Fedex Ground has nothing to do with the freight and have never hauled our trailers

P&D are not getting it to the breakbulks now why would anything change. It sounds to me like shop is someone that could not make it at Fedex and is very bitter but his facts are all false so ignore him.

fed ex tv commercials

I watch the football games and see the fedex commercials. They all mention every
fed ex group. Ground, Freight, Express, and Kinkos. I have yet to see one that mentions National. It sure is lonely being the step-child

I watch the football games and see the fedex commercials. They all mention every
fed ex group. Ground, Freight, Express, and Kinkos. I have yet to see one that mentions National. It sure is lonely being the step-child

Jeez Louise, give it time, Rome wasn't built in a day....

FM

you prolly wont - they dont mention FedEx Trade Networks, SCS, Custom Critical - i mean, they have like 24 companies all operating under 4 major OPCO's - Express, Ground, Kinkos and Freight - we are still waiting for a special nascar race with our name on it one day too - home delivery got it last year.
Rob

I gust got a fedex jacket and hat on ebay sitting at the HAR Pa Fed roof. Run 300 miles sit for 24 hrs. When does the layoff come or condos. But gitting lots of free rooms to use nict vacation. Go Fedex:funky: :smilie_132: :hide:

you prolly wont - they dont mention FedEx Trade Networks, SCS, Custom Critical - i mean, they have like 24 companies all operating under 4 major OPCO's - Express, Ground, Kinkos and Freight - we are still waiting for a special nascar race with our name on it one day too - home delivery got it last year.
Rob

Good point, Rob. After Viking and AF were rebranded to FXF, it was about two years before there was a commercial that mentioned us. Today, we might get our logo "flashed" at the end of the commercial and a line like "we move the big stuff too." Express and Ground are our big brothers and are going to get the lion's share of the advertising, and rightly so. It's also worth pointing out that FXF may not necessarily need as much help from advertising, and I'm speaking across the board here, as there's not a lot of markets where we're not at capacity or close to it.
Express and Ground, however, are fighting tough battles against UPS for every envelope and package they can get their hands on.
That, at least in my opinon, is why they get the bulk of the advertising.

FNL (National) folks, be patient. It took a long time before we started seeing shirts, hats, etc. with FedEx Freight on them. And two years or more if I recall correctly, before we had the fleet painted. The sense I get from this board is that "we don't want anything to change but we want all the 'goodies' that come from being a part of FedEx." The biggest thing about being a part of FedEx, again, my opinion only, is that THINGS TAKE TIME. And that means EVERYTHING.

Express and Ground are our big brothers and are going to get the lion's share of the advertising, and rightly so. It's also worth pointing out that FXF may not necessarily need as much help from advertising, and I'm speaking across the board here, as there's not a lot of markets where we're not at capacity or close to it.
Express and Ground, however, are fighting tough battles against UPS for every envelope and package they can get their hands on.
That, at least in my opinon, is why they get the bulk of the advertising.

You are right, it makes great sense. There are millions more who will think about which express service to use to get their letter moved. The "average joe" does not ship alot of skid freight, but he may send a late car or mortgage payment express. The ads for freight correctly go in industry publications where the decision makers will see them. Why pay the "freight" for tv event advertising (tv ads aren't cheap) when 95% of the people who see them will be outside your target audience?

No one is buying
Watkins. This is just a rumor that keeps spreading like stink in the wind. It also helps other trucking companies use it for leverage in sales to customers. There is too much money being spent on upgrading P&D communications for them to be selling. This rumor will pass just like a bad case of gas.
I'm totally confused?