FedEx Freight | Who's Buying Watkins this week????

I don't know ......
Asked a Watkins driver today that today and he said "What are you crazy Smokesatck"

peg leg said:
My opinion--no one has to buy any one--- big companies have everything in place
Big companies have everything in place, but they can't resist the urge to monopolize the industry.
Less competition means more revenue goes into MEGA-CORPORATIONS POCKET !

sur-charge

gearshifter said:
Good point
extra cost is past on:smilie_132: to customer there not worried about fuel. Plus big companies get kick backs from washington with how much fuel they use. Fedex has great cash flow. Stock is doing great and they need a company with terminals, people, equipment and authority so they ahve reliability with there canada freight. Dodn't know what will happen though if they do buy Watkins when it comes to the terminals in 48 states, but I can tell you this FXF doesn't have a truckload identity yet and FXF doesn't ship alot with national accounts cause we don't have the capacity for it. FXF has been expanding and building terminals like crazy the last few yrs. July is the beginning of Fedex's fiscal year, so I guess time will tell us very soon!

IR CookieMonster said:
UPS is looking for more LTL carriers. Who knows ?
did'nt they just buy?,never mind!:duh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:hey,just think,we could all be one big,brown happy family,and call ity woops.[watkins,overnite,ups].

A good friend of mine from FXF HQ told me they'll be purschasing Watkins in June. They're really interested in the idea of having lease p & d drivers and would like to see how it works out with an opporitunity to grow. If this plan works out successfully, Fed Ex plans to trash all of their current drivers by 2010 or to force them into lease plans if they're interested in staying around. Wow, sucks for those guys!

Would not be susprised to see that. I told a guy from FXFW not to be schocked to see contractors start moving your freight.

BillyLo said:
A good friend of mine from FXF HQ told me they'll be purschasing Watkins in June. They're really interested in the idea of having lease p & d drivers and would like to see how it works out with an opporitunity to grow. If this plan works out successfully, Fed Ex plans to trash all of their current drivers by 2010 or to force them into lease plans if they're interested in staying around. Wow, sucks for those guys!

What are you talking about ?
Fed Ex Frt. drivers ? or Express ?
Please explain this post if possable.

Yes, Huckleberry someone did say a definite annoucement would be made on 5-1-06. The date always keep moving forward. Its seems more and more to be just a big rumor with no substance. As some have said only time will time..

I know we sure have been getting a lot of new equipment here in the southeast to be on the verge of a buyout. They are even re lettering our 53's with the lower numbers and new logo.

Right....and in the meantime, what...have hourly p&d guys competing with contractors for freight. No wonder this months video is "violence in the workplace"

Real Story

No one is buying
Watkins. This is just a rumor that keeps spreading like stink in the wind. It also helps other trucking companies use it for leverage in sales to customers. There is too much money being spent on upgrading P&D communications for them to be selling. This rumor will pass just like a bad case of gas.