FedEx Freight | Who's Buying Watkins this week????

i think the meetings with the big boys are their normal end of qtr meetings, also another possibility is that fedx is looking for a longhauler so maybe watkins is selling lakeland terminal and landspan but not wml itself. all i know is if i get a severance check im havin a party!

WoW!!! KCY Terminal Dockworker....

I heard today from my dock supervisor that he has heard from both sales AND someone in Lakeland that we are being sold to FedEx! We were also told to look for an announcement on Monday. Hmmm....I doubt our supervisor would spread rumors if he didn't have a halfway reliable source. Who knows, could be a bunch of B.S.!! All I know is I am not wearing polo shirts on the dock! It makes sense though. We have been HAMMERED the last few months on our production. What do you do with a car before you sell it....You tune it up real nice and make sure it is running well so you can get the most money out of it!!!

i couldnt log in! further more, i weld with this name! my last name,then welding,a beer......................................................

its a damn good name.

miller said:
i couldnt log in! further more, i weld with this name! my last name,then welding,a beer......................................................

its a damn good name.

rofl but most important....THE BEER. It's likely I am going to need one soon...after all of this watkins stuff *hint*

yeap...saw it coming. I supervise one of the shops. They don't send the mechanics to school like they used to. Don't put as much emphasis on cosmetic issues either. Living for the day, not for the future... like an asset that is fixing to change hands. Doing environmental audits at the breakbulks also..They drilled out dirt samples from around our underground diesel storage, in my experience you don't "look for these problems" under normal circumstances.. liability issues for our new corperate overlord.

Skeeter said:
Has any one heard the rumor that UPS bought Watkins?
Strange things have happened in this industry.But does it really make sence for UPS to do that when Overnite does the same thing as Watkins.? I mean Big O has sleeper teams and they cover the same area. But who knows why these companys do what they do.