Whos gearing for a strike in Minneapolis

kboomarang

The eyes and ears of WBL
PREMIUM
Credits
While checking out the job market in my locality I've been seeing ads looking for food service drivers "willing"(or stupid, insane, moronic, clueless enough also work) to cross a picket line in a up coming labor dispute. I'm just wondering if anybody knows whos contract is up. I've been kicking around the idea of a 2 wheeler-less work enviroment, getting tired of the push.

I haven't heard but I damn sure wouldn't cross a picket line to go to work, I would rather stay gone a month with swift than cross a group of mens picket line, to me thats just not right, I feel for the people that cross the line.

So what are you thinking about doing instead of delivering, I can't imagine doing anything else, I went to freight for a time and hated it, came right back to food!

I was talking to one of our other drivers when I got back today, he was saying he was talking to a Sysco driver at one of his stops who said it was one of their divisions, he works at a non-union barn, but said a union barn is preparing for a strike. Both union and non union in the same company? And hey and theres NO way I'd cross either , I don't care what you do in this country , the labor unions float the boat for almost everybodys wages and bennies whether your union or not. As far as looking around a bit I go back and forth I'd miss the work-out, my customers and the schedule , but there days when I wouldn't mind just driving, like maybe for a mail hauler.

I wouldnt cross either. I didnt know there were any companies gearing up for a strike. I ended up going back to freight because my hours got cut to 25-30 hours a week at Dawn. I hate the freight side of things but its a paycheck. I havent decided what i'm gonna do yet.

After reading this post Sysco owns Asian Foods and there non union. So maybe thats who there talking about. Sysco MN union and Sysco Asian foods non union.

You still at Core-Mark?