Estes | Who's the highest paid ltl company in the country

Saw they were looking for volunteers to run extra this weekend.

Left on my 10 last week, ran hard and got home early. The big terminals that normally have lots of drivers didn't have lots last week. I'll continue to ride this horse till it falls over

Seeing some nice looking pay here. But let's look at it from the the flip side.

It's nice running 600 plus miles making 2k a week. It's also nice running 300 to 400, making a decent check.
I'm lucky I don't need the big $$$$. My wife makes just as much as me as an RN.
I'm running the extra board right now. I usually do a 350-400 mile run(including a via or 2) to the hotel, then a direct home(284 miles).
I run my 6 tours and then take my ATO. I usually get my 6 tours in 5 days. I'm loving my schedule. May not be a big check for me. But it's still good, and I'm relaxed.
No rushing, and a lot of breaks.
My wife works 3 days a week(12 hr shifts), so we both have it somewhat easy.
And between the two of us, we still make a very good living.

Wish I could say that. My shortest day was a 607 miller on Friday. It was easy miles though. West and South.

to the walgreens driver, you can take extra time off without pay at the bigger terminals in winter when its slow, so you could have a longer vacation for overseas. i sent you a pm,

I would say the ups parcel is the highest paid Job

I used to think they were but after hearing the numbers, I'm not so sure. If you add the umpteen years of poverty wages they've worked for before they got their break then they are only playing catchup.

Someone over on the Con-way board caught wind of this thread and they're over there making fun of Estes for the hours they work and the miles they run. Don't worry about them, they've been brainwashed. Bet a lot of them couldn't run like Estes linehaul drivers if they had to.

Phantom 309 said:
FXF

Bid miles 636 (5) @ 57.02cpm = $362.65
1 hook, 1 drop and hook, 1 drop = $34.10
1 Fueling = $5.59
Total time on duty-11 to 12hrs.

Total- $402.34 per day = $2011.70 per week
Delay pay. Home daily. Off weekends. Good Bennies.

Works all night every night, and have 20+ yrs seniority on a road run. IE: Sounds good when your 60 yrs old or started working for FXF when you were 20! If not, enjoy working all night every night on the dock for your first 15 yrs then if your still alive you can enjoy paychecks like this! Talk to a bottom feeder at FXF like myself and the glamorous life will keep you where you are.

BeerBoy said:
That's it. How many times you hear out on the road " I will never pull doubles " I laugh at that.
Even more so with my job now " I will never work the dock "
I look at it this way. I will work for money how bout that

I don't mind working the dock. Let's do it from 6AM instead of 6PM. That's just me, others don't care, I just actually enjoy spending time with my family. Trying to get my school district to start classes at 7PM has been difficult.

shifty said:
no one wants to work anymore. they expect the top position right out of the gate. never pays there dues.

Paying dues to work all night???? This business just separates the ones who wanna make money from the ones who want their kids to know their dad.

Stoney said:
Seeing some nice looking pay here. But let's look at it from the the flip side.

It's nice running 600 plus miles making 2k a week. It's also nice running 300 to 400, making a decent check.
I'm lucky I don't need the big $$$$. My wife makes just as much as me as an RN.
I'm running the extra board right now. I usually do a 350-400 mile run(including a via or 2) to the hotel, then a direct home(284 miles).
I run my 6 tours and then take my ATO. I usually get my 6 tours in 5 days. I'm loving my schedule. May not be a big check for me. But it's still good, and I'm relaxed.
No rushing, and a lot of breaks.
My wife works 3 days a week(12 hr shifts), so we both have it somewhat easy.
And between the two of us, we still make a very good living.

Now this is figuring it out! Congratulations!