Estes | Who's the highest paid ltl company in the country

Works all night every night, and have 20+ yrs seniority on a road run. IE: Sounds good when your 60 yrs old or started working for FXF when you were 20! If not, enjoy working all night every night on the dock for your first 15 yrs then if your still alive you can enjoy paychecks like this! Talk to a bottom feeder at FXF like myself and the glamorous life will keep you where you are.

It all depends on what center your out of and how soon you bid out of the city. Any LTL driver for any company knows that.
There's plenty of young guys that hold long bid runs that have less than 10 years.

I know a 30 year old guy right now that holds a 550+ bid year 'round. ($85,000+/yr.) And it runs like clock work.
Heck some of those extra board guys coming out of Dallas turning Little Rock ain't got 3 or 4 years time and that's a BIG run.
So it just depends on were your at and what's going on there.

Mildew titled this thread "Who's the highest paid" That's why I put up my post.
I think it's a good idea for a thread topic because information is power!

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Estes made its drivers run no matter what and dock work was mandatory. Is that only for certain runs? I am just curious, run shuttle run for Fedex Freight.

I thought Estes made its drivers run no matter what and dock work was mandatory. Is that only for certain runs? I am just curious, run shuttle run for Fedex Freight.

Linehaulers don't touch forklifts. Hub drivers do and occasionally a local driver will.

I'm at YRC.. Working 4/10s in the city.. busting Ass for 29 years.. making #@$! Made more $ 20 years ago... 77k now 52k 2011

I'm at YRC.. Working 4/10s in the city.. busting Ass for 29 years.. making #@$! Made more $ 20 years ago... 77k now 52k 2011

At least they didn't fold like lots of people expected. 52k isn't bad as long as your not working much

Im ashamed to list on here after hearing the Big Boys post
I work for YRC
Dock/Driver Sun-Thur 4pm-mid (bychoice)
Made little under $50,000 last year overtime If I want it but only worked 2 hrs so far this year.
Just not as important as it used to be.
No Debt but house it will be paid off in 5 years.
Then Ill lobby for a 3 day a week job

I just started a Hub run (half-way meet) 360 miles/7 hours a night. Been at Estes a little more than 1 year which puts me at 48.75 cents/mile. Not a big check (2/3 of my 1st year as a Utility driver) but affords me the time needed for other ventures.I guess it all depends on your wants and needs.

Copy the good pay. If you're gone all week you should make $2000.00. What really counts is growing the business, hiring drivers and dock. Not just the senior drivers making it

Copy the good pay. If you're gone all week you should make $2000.00. What really counts is growing the business, hiring drivers and dock. Not just the senior drivers making it

I was thinking about this post while I was sitting here looking at the warm breeze ruffling the leaves on the palm trees. I didn't quite make 2k last week. . I made it back to the barn once on my 5 day week. It cost me about $23 to do that and a few hours of sleep but hey, I was home. After everyone got ready the next morning and I enjoyed my cold shower. I raced back out the door to sit in traffic for an hour and sipped on my styrofoam cup of coffee on the way. While I was moving 3 trucks out of the way to dig mine out I was thinking, "boy, I would love to lose a minimum of $500 a week so I could do this rat race thing every day." I'm going to think about this some more while I eat my fiesta omlet and drink my coffee in a real cup in a few minutes. I may even wear my hawaiian shirt, flip flops, panama jack hat and my eye patch while I eat. It helps me think better.

I was thinking about this post while I was sitting here looking at the warm breeze ruffling the leaves on the palm trees. I didn't quite make 2k last week. . I made it back to the barn once on my 5 day week. It cost me about $23 to do that and a few hours of sleep but hey, I was home. After everyone got ready the next morning and I enjoyed my cold shower. I raced back out the door to sit in traffic for an hour and sipped on my styrofoam cup of coffee on the way. While I was moving 3 trucks out of the way to dig mine out I was thinking, "boy, I would love to lose a minimum of $500 a week so I could do this rat race thing every day." I'm going to think about this some more while I eat my fiesta omlet and drink my coffee in a real cup in a few minutes. I may even wear my hawaiian shirt, flip flops, panama jack hat and my eye patch while I eat. It helps me think better.

Palms trees...Get out of the mall and go to work.....

I'm going to think about this some more while I eat my fiesta omlet and drink my coffee in a real cup in a few minutes. I may even wear my hawaiian shirt, flip flops, panama jack hat and my eye patch while I eat. It helps me think better.

Man when he gets ready to pull outta that mall he's gonna have a tough time puttin' all that on one flag line in his log book!

Just write real small Mildew

I'm Fixn to get started as soon as I finish this "real mans" breakfast. probly should log this as on duty in my comic book.
2012-03-08_06-45-36_562.jpg