ABF | whouldnt you call that a bonus.

abfer99

TB Lurker
Credits
The executives are saying they havent taken a bonus or received a raise in two years everytime they think someone is listening. However, if you go to yahoo finance, then type in abfs for the company code the scroll down to insider trading and click on that link, you will see that all of the officers received an average of 4000 shares of stock at the bargain basement price of FREE on the 29th of april. Now that is over $124,000 worth, and I would be happy to take that non bonus off their hands. How about you?

[quote author=abfer99 link=topic=79809.msg826845#msg826845 date=1272943664]
The executives are saying they havent taken a bonus or received a raise in two years everytime they think someone is listening. However, if you go to yahoo finance, then type in abfs for the company code the scroll down to insider trading and click on that link, you will see that all of the officers received an average of 4000 shares of stock at the bargain basement price of FREE on the 29th of april. Now that is over $124,000 worth, and I would be happy to take that non bonus off their hands. How about you?
[/quote]

For most of them it is only a couple months of wages. No big deal. They will claim that they should have double those stock options so they have already SACRIFICED THIER 15%

They are just trying to get ahead before the "new deal" kicks in and they have to work harder to hide their bonuses.

Well ABF IBT brothers & sisters I have been following this thread for a while now...I happen to work for YRCW (25yrs.) and I am proud to see all of you voting NO :thumbsup: to the consessions! Let me just say that in Dec. 2009 YRCW had already taken $ 7000, out of my pay and 1/2 of that was at 10% consession :stir: Watch very closely who gets the ballots...as I know for a fact that 7 of the ballots were sent to people who were terminated and did not take a withdrawl card! What did they care about us who still had jobs...two of them told me that they voted yes for another 5% to punish those who still had jobs... Be very, very careful about who your local sends ballots too and who counts them. As of right now I have 765 shares of stock worth almost nothing and YRCW is plotting what to do about our pension as it can break thier hard work to save YRCW :buttkisser:..Be afraid..very afraid and vote NO! And talk around the barn is that they are hinting at another 10% to save our pension...what pension :duel:

Thanks for the warning clutchcargo1251! We will always have to keep fighting to keep what we have and they will try any tactic at their disposal to get it from us.Best wishes and good luck to you!!!

I looked up the info and printed it out. I spoke to my financial advisor ( who has nothing to do with IBT or ABF) and he believed that it is more than likely part of their compensation package. He also believes that those shares have no value until years to come when the shares become vested (3-5 years). That being said, I find it to be in poor taste in light of them asking for concessions. I e-mailed Wes kemp at [email protected] to ask him to explain Him And Judy getting all these shares and if it is appropriate. I am waiting for a response. I'm sure they will say just that because in Apr 2009 they all took much larger blocks of stock including Bob Davidson who received 14000 shares at $0

Why does all the ballots have to go to one mailing point.I think it was in Maryland somewhere(bfe )why cant the ballots be counted out of each local.

[quote author=bigtruk_us link=topic=79809.msg828435#msg828435 date=1273438842]
Why does all the ballots have to go to one mailing point.I think it was in Maryland somewhere(bfe )why cant the ballots be counted out of each local.
[/quote]

Because the ballots are counted by a third party , with the company and union watching .

[quote author=R-14Driver link=topic=79809.msg828437#msg828437 date=1273439128]
[quote author=bigtruk_us link=topic=79809.msg828435#msg828435 date=1273438842]
[/quote]

Because the ballots are counted by a third party , with the company and union watching .
[/quote]

Counted by a third party with the company and union watching. Let me just count the ways this sends chills down my spine! The company wants this bad and the IBT wants this just as bad.

And this will totally be on the up and up. I hope they allow teamster members in the count like they did with YRC's vote. Please do you really think that the IBT or ABF would lie to us. Hehehehehehehehehehehe

Im meddling.because I drive for yrc.at one time the union said they weren't going to do any deal like what was done with yrc.why a change all of a sudden?its not like ABF has other companies that can apply leverage to the union