Central Transport | Why all the hate towards CT?

Vitran years ago had bought SAIA Frt. Found out the baggage it carried and sold it back off. Vitran stayed profitable and then again made a bad decision to mismanage it's future. We in turn inherit the mistake. Very sad!

Complete Bull$hit, OMG Buffalo1 you are going to give me an F ing stroke. Some of your posts are good and others like this one are completely made up and full of $hit. Who the HE!! are you, seriously. Stop wasting our time here, we are not a bunch of dumbass's. PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Vitran never in a million years even thought about buying SAIA, have a nice day.

I hate to say it, but after reading these threads, a bunch of you Vitran guys are serious whiners.

Your company got bought right before it failed and locked the doors. As of right now, you still have jobs, and the paychecks are cashing. How long do you think that would have lasted?

I've been with CT for several years. Your expected to show up and do your job, period. We run a skeleton crew, so occasionally you may have to actually WORK. The checks are always on time and they cash.

Most of our problems come from drivers who want the world given to then, or TMs who can't communicate.

CT is no worse than any place else. I see the same complaints about every other company.

The funny part is, the CT boards are very quiet in comparison.

Point being, ride it out and see what happens. If you get absorbed by CT, consider it luck since the alternative is unemployed.

If they decide to operate Vitran on its own, then keep pace and be happy your check cashes.

If he dissolves the company, which Matty isn't known to do, you'll be in the same position you were in before, so your no worse off.
LOOK HERE FOR A GOOD ANSWER TO THAT
Your company didnt get bought out!. You are not in a position where you might need to look for work. We are concerned for our families and well being, Hense all the activity. We don't need you to come here and rub it in. Did any of us go over to your area and say you guys should come hold our hands and be our big brother, or please make us feel like it will be ok.... lol. If we are to become one company so be it, but if I have to deal with people acting better than I, I don't think so. My point is before you come here saying we are whiners think outside the box mr high and mighty. Now if that wasnt your purpose too come make us feel worse, my apologies but if you just wanted to come act like an A'' I think you succeeded.
On a last note your company is just as crappy as ours if not worse reputation wise. Meaning how you think you are in some higher position to state your idea or not thought out comments. Well thought out, Nope. Just plain inconsiderate.
Peace.:usa2:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been through more acquisitions a layoffs than I care to remember. Yes, I've laid awake at night trying to figure out how to feed my family. That's why I got into trucking. Hell, I spent 3 months training the guy from Pakistan who replaced me at one place, just so I qualified for severance.

But, I didn't sit on a forum trash talking the company who bought the one I was working for, when I had no clue what was going on.

Here's the facts: even if CT absorbs Vitran, there is no way we can handle the added freight without people in the trucks. Hey, I bet that means you may be merged as well. Why would they want to spend all the cash to restaff?

I haven't once questioned my job here, or wondered if my paycheck was good.

Here's something else you would be quick to learn, in case you haven't figured it out:

NOT ONE COMPANY ANYWHERE CARES ABOUT YOU OR YOUR FAMILY. Never have and never will. They are in business to make money.

So, do what's best for you and your family, regardless of where it takes you. But don't think for one second that any company, anywhere, thinks you matter.

But hey , if you do find that magic oasis, please let the rest of is know.

Go to the big wagon wheel on the corner and ask mr schwab for a clicker. He will then give you the directions to that oasis. Follow them direction closely because hes really good at misleading you. lol. I actually don't know of one but if I do I will let you all know ok buddy....

And to your comment:
But, I didn't sit on a forum trash talking the company who bought the one I was working for, when I had no clue what was going on.
I speak for myself only, This message only shows views of iNeedAngerMngmt and not the forums your nows browsing. I SAY Good for you. I need to vent and will continue to post clean exciting useful info and thoughts. If youd like to make a complaint click HERE.

And to this one:
Here's something else you would be quick to learn, in case you haven't figured it out:
Gee Thanks Paw,

Have a great day man and enjoy your evening lmfao.

Oh yeh one last thing.....
I never liked or thought to work at your precious CT. All my friends and others there that I know hate it too. You are 1 of 1....
I would apologize but I cant because that's actually how I really feel.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a current driver at CT. I heard through the grapevine that they began the process of switching Vitran's system over to CT's system. That costs $$ to do, and I know that Matty wouldn't spend an extra dime on Vitran if he planned on closing it down. Also, Matty is not in the business of paying anyone unemployment. He may plan to thin out the drivers, but he'll do that by leaving everybody in the dark not knowing what's going... And they'll quit on their own. He will not fire anybody. If you stay, you will be with a stable company that turns a profit and will have a paycheck that will cash every time. Good luck to you all, and welcome to the family:)

By looking at all the recent posts by the newbies, it looks like several do little or no work. They just continue to add B.S. to TB. Makes the site useless. The ignore list is a great tool.:Off-Topic:

you should not post in caps that is like yelling calm down and get a job at a really stable company like odfl or fedex ore maybe pitt

My dispatcher likes to send emails in capital letters, I called him out on it. He claims he was trying something new. I guess some people could not read the small letters. Lol

Just heard this evening from a friend at my old terminal. Two cities drivers quit and went to Dayton (Starting wage $19.50) A third is going through the the screening process with Holland.

I'm an old timer and distinctly remember Saia pup hooked to the Vitran pup going to the Vitran next terminal. Also read the posting that Vitran bought Saia and later sold them back. What age were you and information to dispute this? I'll bet I have more!

I hate to say it, but after reading these threads, a bunch of you Vitran guys are serious whiners.

Your company got bought right before it failed and locked the doors. As of right now, you still have jobs, and the paychecks are cashing. How long do you think that would have lasted?

I've been with CT for several years. Your expected to show up and do your job, period. We run a skeleton crew, so occasionally you may have to actually WORK. The checks are always on time and they cash.

Most of our problems come from drivers who want the world given to then, or TMs who can't communicate.

CT is no worse than any place else. I see the same complaints about every other company.

The funny part is, the CT boards are very quiet in comparison.

Point being, ride it out and see what happens. If you get absorbed by CT, consider it luck since the alternative is unemployed.

If they decide to operate Vitran on its own, then keep pace and be happy your check cashes.

If he dissolves the company, which Matty isn't known to do, you'll be in the same position you were in before, so your no worse off.

most of us are complaining because this was a great place to work for at one time, most of us here at vitran took pride in our work. now the company has gone down so much in recent years that it hit the bottom tier where the likes of central transport and saia are. alot of people at c.t. would'nt be hired at other ltls because of their driving record, police record or appearance and attitude. i take pride in a clean record, being presentable and expect a company i work for to do the same. i want occasional raises, earlier start times and better equipment as i move up the seniority list. at central, you're stuck in a rut and will go nowhere IMO, so if you're content there that's fine. i like improvements as i get older.

I'm an old timer and distinctly remember Saia pup hooked to the Vitran pup going to the Vitran next terminal. Also read the posting that Vitran bought Saia and later sold them back. What age were you and information to dispute this? I'll bet I have more!

probably a dumbass driver hooked to the wrong pup. lol.

most of us are complaining because this was a great place to work for at one time, most of us here at vitran took pride in our work. now the company has gone down so much in recent years that it hit the bottom tier where the likes of central transport and saia are. alot of people at c.t. would'nt be hired at other ltls because of their driving record, police record or appearance and attitude. i take pride in a clean record, being presentable and expect a company i work for to do the same. i want occasional raises, earlier start times and better equipment as i move up the seniority list. at central, you're stuck in a rut and will go nowhere IMO, so if you're content there that's fine. i like improvements as i get older.
In Dallas SAIA is a great job with OT after 45 and top pay around 23hr......There is really no comparing the two. I did find it funny buffalo said Vitran bought SAIA at one point.....That would be about like Vitran buying UPS......Total non-sense.

maybe i was too harsh using saia, it use to be mid states and c.t. the bottom, but mid states is no longer. manny is the fred g sanford of ltl and matthew can be lamonte.