TForce | Why are people expecting more from UPS ?

wazalumper2 said:
I'm not WI, but maybe I can clarify this.According to our contract, we had a merger clause put in 3 years ago before OVNT corporation took us over. It says that our Terminal seniority prevails over Company seniority and that any transfers start below us that are represented by the contract. Unless by mutual agreement by both parties. That is why O/reno cannot merge with us at MC/reno unless they join the Union.
Thats what I was told but did not to put out too much about it, was not too sure.

wazalumper2 said:
I'm not WI, but maybe I can clarify this.According to our contract, we had a merger clause put in 3 years ago before OVNT corporation took us over. It says that our Terminal seniority prevails over Company seniority and that any transfers start below us that are represented by the contract. Unless by mutual agreement by both parties. That is why O/reno cannot merge with us at MC/reno unless they join the Union.

Going to interesting to see what they do because you know they're not going to go the way of the union.

That could mean that they choose the OVNT barn and give the MC a choice to come over nonunion or not. If it is true about the clause then I would think that would be the only way they could do it.

That way the ones that wish to stay in the union could try first to get a union job.

Theres more companies looking for drivers....

than drivers looking for trucking companies to work at.
Yellow has a help wanted sticker on the back roll door of their pup trailers.

Also any truckstop has owner operator,and company drivers trucking adds in magazine form.
Most of the truck load long haul companies are offering sign on bonuses.

With all that said,why would UPS the parent company want to get rid of,all the good qualified Overnite,and Motor cargo drivers?

It sure doesn't sound like a very good business move to me?

May the Lord direct your path it works for me.

Skeeter said:
Going to interesting to see what they do because you know they're not going to go the way of the union.

That could mean that they choose the OVNT barn and give the MC a choice to come over nonunion or not. If it is true about the clause then I would think that would be the only way they could do it.

That way the ones that wish to stay in the union could try first to get a union job.
Something tells me that thier not going to choose the OVNT yard. If my memory serves me right O yard was old MC yard. MC yard is new and has a maint, fac. Not to mention the size.

What ever they decide, It will be in the best interests of the employees. I will be right back. I have to refill my crack pipe.

Skeeter said:

So who wears the bigger pants? CEO of UPS or Leo? They are saying to totally different things.

Skeeter said:

At UPSF/MC, our terminal & yard is newer and bigger than UPSF/O , plus the company owns it instead of leasing it like theirs.
When I came here it was a union job,not exactly the NMFA but we had a contract and representation from the Teamsters. Now I would like it to stay that way with a better contract.
To be honest with you, all I'm saying is this has to be settled by mutual agreement and I haven't seen any talking yet.

webidiot said:
ask the overnite line drivers in salt lake, ask them how they like being merged with a lot of drivers with more seniority....then ask yourself how all those years of dedication to lou got them...coming to a terminal near you, layoff's...better get that resume ready...upsfreight is going to do what is best for them and what are you going to do about it? who is going to stand up for you? Lou?
good luck driver you are going to need it...

as our new TM said,"All bids are in the best interest of UPSF", well now that is good but the human factor and the warm fuzzy feeling is all gone.

greezy trucker said:
as our new TM said,"All bids are in the best interest of UPSF", .

Why would they not have this attitude ? Isn't their goal to make a profit ? I'm pretty sure they didn't buy us out to improve working conditions , buy new equipment , and give better pay and bennies out of the kindness of their hearts !

Anyone who expects any different is a fool . The bottom line will always be THE BOTTOM LINE !

b o b....the key word there is ATTITUDE. when sombody goes to work and gets told somthing like that, he (myself included) gets rubbed the wrong way. then posts the facts and sombody reading them thinks its negative

big o brown said:
Why would they not have this attitude ? Isn't their goal to make a profit ? I'm pretty sure they didn't buy us out to improve working conditions , buy new equipment , and give better pay and bennies out of the kindness of their hearts !

Anyone who expects any different is a fool . The bottom line will always be THE BOTTOM LINE !

True true.....And that is all cool but if you want more to keep moral up you...
A. Either pay more
B. Make the work enviroment such that the employye wants to show up.
Yes?

wassesname said:
b o b....the key word there is ATTITUDE. when sombody goes to work and gets told somthing like that, he (myself included) gets rubbed the wrong way. then posts the facts and sombody reading them thinks its negative

Hey somebody else that understands feeling APPRECIATED. Novel concept.....