Yellow | Why are they giving all our newer 53' trailers to Holland?

And for some reasons some the YRC guys just can't see why that's a problem.

I had a friend that worked at CF in Richfield, then went to Yellow. He told me the back stabbing is so bad, guys will sit silent in the breakroom not talking to each other.
And one day soon they will all be speaking again, but it will be in Spanish.

How about the break room in Mira Loma ?
Where it was pretty much divided by race...........
We all got along in the Roadway Albuquerque break room. What might of been discussed in the break room, stayed in the break room. This anglo had a lot of fun working the midnight shift in my casual and earlier days at The BIG R.

I had a friend that worked at CF in Richfield, then went to Yellow. He told me the back stabbing is so bad, guys will sit silent in the breakroom not talking to each other.

Yes, that's unique to YRCF. No other trucking company in recorded history ever had guys who stabbed each other in the back or formed cliques who didn't talk to each other. :hide:

Snark, come to 135@ 1800. I keep everybody laughing. A Good time is had by all when I'm around. The out of towners love the constant jabbing and laughing. It's called having a personality, it doesn't matter who you work for.

Snark, come to 135@ 1800. I keep everybody laughing. A Good time is had by all when I'm around. The out of towners love the constant jabbing and laughing. It's called having a personality, it doesn't matter who you work for.

You know come to think of it, when I worked the extra-board you could never make me happy either. Thanks for the another perspective.

Yes, that's unique to YRCF. No other trucking company in recorded history ever had guys who stabbed each other in the back or formed cliques who didn't talk to each other. :hide:

Back in the CF days we had guys from Dollar Sign, Wilson, International Harvester, General Electric, PIE, Murphy, just to name a few, and never had clicks or the backstabbing I see today. You said what you thought to a Man's face, and that was that ! Otherwise you handled it off the property.

Back in the CF days we had guys from Dollar Sign, Wilson, International Harvester, General Electric, PIE, Murphy, just to name a few, and never had clicks or the backstabbing I see today. You said what you thought to a Man's face, and that was that ! Otherwise you handled it off the property.

Sometimes it was handled in an empty pup with the door down, but, who's keeping track? :27:

:6817: I thought he said he pulled up to the dock and put that bad boy up to it every single day:bowdown:
So does making the converter rigid count as backing a set up to the dock/parking spot ?

We never had cables to make the dolly follow the lead and didn't have ABS, or even valves on the rear of the trailers to shut off the air supply to the dolly and rear. If you had an empty on the rear or a set of empties, in the winter or when it was raining, you used a quarter to block off the service line. If the safety man caught you were fired on the spot. But our Safety Guy knew what we were dealing with and he never checked our lines when we were stopped for lunch. Oh and we DID stop for lunch on our runs, and never had any run times.

Before Jackie Presser gave it away, we had a 6 hr and 4 hr guarantee for dispatch legs no matter how few miles the legs were. This applied to all the trucking companies, not just CF.

We also grieved and won at Central Area JAC the "100 mile radius." If you worked within 100 fly miles of the terminal your whole dispatch, then you could claim hourly if that made you more money than mileage.

And if the company dispatched a rail or broker around you while you were on rest, then you got paid for every minute after your rest was up until you punched in. Including your 2 hour call time.

Part of the reason is that back in the day we had plenty of good jobs around and there weren't as many major issues or pressures facing us as we have today. But besides that, bygone days always seem to look better just because we tend to remember the good times and gloss over the not-so-good. That's just human nature. And with respect to my original post, I was comparing how two companies treated their employees and not how the employees treated each other. That fact seems to have been missed somehow.

Part of the reason is that back in the day we had plenty of good jobs around and there weren't as many major issues or pressures facing us as we have today. But besides that, bygone days always seem to look better just because we tend to remember the good times and gloss over the not-so-good. That's just human nature. And with respect to my original post, I was comparing how two companies treated their employees and not how the employees treated each other. That fact seems to have been missed somehow.

Even in the 80's I had no respect for Yellow and how they treated their employees. CF was loaded up with debt by Conway. Many many loads of fuel were delivered to Conway and billed to CF. I have no illusions how CF treated us, maybe that's why we didn't have clicks, because we had to stick together.

However there is no way you can excuse the Pig and their behavior as "greater than" CF. That only makes me think you are salaried posting on TB which again makes sense with all the Industrial Psychology BS from the Pig. Such as: always blame the employee for everything. Accidents, Workers Comp, Claims, Missed Pickups., etc.

You will never get me to drink the free bubble up and eat rainbow stew. No sir, not as long as the Pig lives!

Even in the 80's I had no respect for Yellow and how they treated their employees. CF was loaded up with debt by Conway. Many many loads of fuel were delivered to Conway and billed to CF. I have no illusions how CF treated us, maybe that's why we didn't have clicks, because we had to stick together.

However there is no way you can excuse the Pig and their behavior as "greater than" CF. That only makes me think you are salaried posting on TB which again makes sense with all the Industrial Psychology BS from the Pig. Such as: always blame the employee for everything. Accidents, Workers Comp, Claims, Missed Pickups., etc.

You will never get me to drink the free bubble up and eat rainbow stew. No sir, not as long as the Pig lives!

CF was loaded up with debt by Conway? CF/Conway was a carefully created, long-planned scam all along. Are you kidding or something? Wake up. It was a slow, carefully orchestrated way to transform a major unionized carrier into a major non-union carrier. All the CF employees got treated really well over that Labor Day weekend didn't they?

As I said earlier, at least the "Pig" as you put it went to the employees and asked for help while CF just made the infamous, unexpected Labor Day weekend phone call.

As far as who you think I am or what you think of me personally, I couldn't care less. And that also goes for what you prefer to eat and drink too. :smile new:

CF was loaded up with debt by Conway? CF/Conway was a carefully created, long-planned scam all along. Are you kidding or something? Wake up. It was a slow, carefully orchestrated way to transform a major unionized carrier into a major non-union carrier. All the CF employees got treated really well over that Labor Day weekend didn't they?

As I said earlier, at least the "Pig" as you put it went to the employees and asked for help while CF just made the infamous, unexpected Labor Day weekend phone call.

As far as who you think I am or what you think of me personally, I couldn't care less. And that also goes for what you prefer to eat and drink too. :smile new:
Associated Transport, Consolidated Freightways, and Roadway Express just to name a few. Long time successful family run Teamster LTL truck lines, that foresaw how the unionized LTL trucking industry was changing, and they reacted to the those changes.

Associated Transport, Consolidated Freightways, and Roadway Express just to name a few. Long time successful family run Teamster LTL truck lines, that foresaw how the unionized LTL trucking industry was changing, and they reacted to the those changes.

They sure did, and not necessarily in the best interests of their employees unfortunately. Associated purchased by Eastern Freightways and ultimately shut down, CF transformed (as if my magic) into Con-Way, and Roadway (along with that dastardly Yellow) merged into YRCF and still here limping along and still employing thousands of Teamsters.