TForce | Why are they making it so easy?

Overnite

TB Veteran
Credits
I think UPS wants us to be union so they can some what merge us with parcel, shift some of there bigger accounts bulk stops onto us, which the can't do with a nonunion carrier.

That is good for us. what is your thoughts?

There making this too easy.

UPS had this all well thought out long ago. UPS knows no other way on how to deal with there employee's operations. They do not want the aggravation of dealing with all the problems and complaints that UPSF employee's have. They also can make buisness decisions alot easier with, One Company, One Union.

UPS had this all well thought out long ago. UPS knows no other way on how to deal with there employee's operations. They do not want the aggravation of dealing with all the problems and complaints that UPSF employee's have. They also can make buisness decisions alot easier with, One Company, One Union.
Yes, I saw some `people on the move` on the UPSERS page that are all package promotions, I`m logged in as a UPSF employee!!Also I understand to be able to pick up Freight at the docks from longshormen U NEED TO B UNION. Imagine that.........

I think there long term goals for UPS is to have us work seelessly with parcel which only makes sense, 1 centeral dispatch 1 centeral call center for pickups and they would deceide who to send for the pickup.

But it can only happen if we were union.

An Overwhelming Majority of Workers at Four Terminals Seek To Join Local 63

(202) 439-7427

January 23, 2008

(Covina, CA) – An overwhelming majority of more than 750 workers at four UPS Freight (formerly Overnite Transportation) terminals in Southern California have signed authorization cards to become Teamsters, bringing the total number of drivers and dockworkers seeking to join the union to 2,000 since last week, Teamsters General President Jim Hoffa announced.

“In just a week, the majority of 2,000 UPS Freight workers have submitted cards to become Teamsters. The workers are on their way to having a more secure future,” Hoffa said.

The Southern California workers are employed at terminals in Los Angeles, Fontana, Commerce and Rialto, and are seeking to join Local 63 in Covina.

“We have been in contact with the UPS Freight workers for quite some time, and there is tremendous enthusiasm here in Southern California,” said Randy Cammack, Secretary-Treasurer of Local 63 and an International Union Vice President. “These soon-to-be members are looking forward to a strong Teamster contract and all the protections the contract will provide.”

In addition to the workers in Southern California, a majority of workers in Oakland, Seattle, New England, Memphis and Detroit have submitted cards to become Teamsters.

“The Southern California workers’ fight for a brighter future gives us continued momentum to help thousands more UPS Freight workers achieve their goal of becoming Teamsters,” said Ken Hall, Director of the Teamsters Package Division.

Founded in 1903, the International Brotherhood of Teamsters represents 1.4 million hardworking men and women in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.

I think UPS wants us to be union so they can some what merge us with parcel, shift some of there bigger accounts bulk stops onto us, which the can't do with a nonunion carrier.

That is good for us. what is your thoughts?

There making this too easy.

No Shhhii###. I think you hit the nail on the head!!! I heard that back in the summer.

I think there long term goals for UPS is to have us work seelessly with parcel which only makes sense, 1 centeral dispatch 1 centeral call center for pickups and they would deceide who to send for the pickup.

But it can only happen if we were union.

You think? Dude, get a clue, this is the plan. If you are against the Teamsters you are against the company.

Hence, My Golf Cart Conspiracy.:hysterical:

Yes, I saw some `people on the move` on the UPSERS page that are all package promotions, I`m logged in as a UPSF employee!!Also I understand to be able to pick up Freight at the docks from longshormen U NEED TO B UNION. Imagine that.........

I used to pick up ocean freight from the docks operated by Longshoremen and most of us were non-union. At least out west.