Estes | Why are we so called HIRING

INTOTHENOW

TB Lurker
Credits
Why in the hell are they hiring drivers when they can't even get my *** out of the hotel in Chicago after sitting there for 20 hours.
Guess I don't see the big picture. :17:

Why in the hell are they hiring drivers when they can't even get my *** out of the hotel in Chicago after sitting there for 20 hours.

We took apps for all positions for about a month, about a month ago. If that makes sense. Were still hiring drivers according to the sign out front. Word is we also got 2 brand spanking new yard trucks, just sitting out behind the shop. I'm not exactly sure how freight is where everyone else is, but we haven't had much the past 3 weeks and we most certainly don't have enough to dictate hiring drivers. Too much up in the air now and too many secrets and rumors going around to have any sort of idea. I guess well know the reason when we see it.

i guess we dont see the big picture. i sat at west sex in the hotel for 21 hours last week just to be sent home to cleveland and another two daya at home. had to stay out an extra day just to get back out

It's always slow the 2 weeks around the 4th. All the rich folks that listened to mommy and daddy are on vacation right now. Their wives will be back shopping real soon. Calm down.
Billionaire.jpg

It's always slow the 2 weeks around the 4th. All the rich folks that listened to mommy and daddy are on vacation right now. Their wives will be back shopping real soon. Calm down.
Billionaire.jpg

Mildew...they go together, their feet are the same size..and you know what they say about women with big feet....yea, I know, attention to detail, thats why I am so valuable to PFG..oops..PFS Mid-South..thank you, I'll be here all week!!!

Mildew...they go together, their feet are the same size..and you know what they say about women with big feet....yea, I know, attention to detail, thats why I am so valuable to PFG..oops..PFS Mid-South..thank you, I'll be here all week!!!

He was smaller ,when he was younger.:biglaugh:

funny how all them contractors seem to go right in and out of Chicago :Flame-On:

Outsider's don't need a round trip ticket. My friend pulls our pups as an owner op. He told central not to give him hot loads. He said to give those hot loads to the hero's and give him the stuff that runs during the daylight hours. (he just want's to run west Texas and back) Central don't use him very much anymore. My friend said he's ok with that.

A couple of weeks ago I had central dispatch put me out of service in Chicopee Ma. for the weekend. I should have been out at 080. Why would they forget about me for the whole weekend. On Monday I was asked what I was doing in 080.....has this ever happened to anyone else and if so how often does it happen anywhere else? Coulkd this be happening during the week also? Are drivers getting lost on the dispatch board somehow?

Are Estes hiring??? I called the toll-free number on the back of the trailers. They informed me they were hiring in Washington, PA. I called the terminal and they said they weren't hiring. Damn it.

come on people and look at the BIG picture...
we are not hiring right now, we are taking applications right now..
this is for...
when YRC closes, estes wants to have people set in place to be hired and hopes to handle the freight increase. Estes dropped the ball when CF shut down and could not handle the increased freight levels then. They want to be prepared for YRC.

come on people and look at the BIG picture...
we are not hiring right now, we are taking applications right now..
this is for...
when YRC closes, estes wants to have people set in place to be hired and hopes to handle the freight increase. Estes dropped the ball when CF shut down and could not handle the increased freight levels then. They want to be prepared for YRC.

Which I hope doesn't happen to yrc.

dont know if they are hiring or taking apps, but seen big sign on fence at stafford va. says hiring drivers. if anyone not at estes is reading and looking for a job. i dont work in stafford so cant answer any other questions about it.

A couple of weeks ago I had central dispatch put me out of service in Chicopee Ma. for the weekend. I should have been out at 080. Why would they forget about me for the whole weekend. On Monday I was asked what I was doing in 080.....has this ever happened to anyone else and if so how often does it happen anywhere else? Coulkd this be happening during the week also? Are drivers getting lost on the dispatch board somehow?

Things are crazy with the changes going on right now Gimit. After you wait real long a 'reminder call' to central would be in order.
If you don't have CD's # and ext. PM me or any of these other guys and we will give it to you.

i "reminder call" all the time. too the point i get yelled at. lol ........ but they know im there and its a good idea to get me gone.

Sometimes I'll call dispatch and tell them I have no problem waiting on a long trip down yonder. If you only have short trips up yonder, give it to the one that squeeks the most and I'll wait on the Miami that's comming through in a few hours. Oh! I shouldn't reveal my secrets to success on the xtraboard.

Wait a minute let me write that down!...... ok call central and tell them I'll wait........

Hey that's pretty tricky, ain't that called reverse psychology or something?....:clap: