Why blame GPS for driver error in low bridge crashes like this one?

It's the new breed of drivers ...they have to have automatics... GPS's... Lane Collision awareness... and they don't want to back up. Plus they like to watch movies while driving. My latest complaint is when I pass a truck they will match my speed. ... causing me to go faster to get around. :growup::idunno:

Thanks B-2-U Apostolic!

Blaming the electronic devices is obviously an attempt by these many "drivers" at not accepting their incompetence.

I like seeing "drivers" hitting low as well impossible to clear overpasses.
It reassures my belief that these "drivers" were better off before they became "drivers".
A TRUCK G.P.S. platform will NOT suggest low overpasses.
Car G.P.S. will, so the dumb ones use them, because, maybe, they're cheaper units.

I've NEVER hit a low overpass and I have and will continue to question such structures (those without signage) like in parts of The Windy and north side New Jersey as well too many to list well known locations.
I was ONCE on the Garden State Parkway in Jersey (Sleeper cornbinder and 53' dry van) and exited on some road which led to T, went left to see signage for a 11' bridge as well saw the bridge, did a flip and a left and landed on a road with signage of 13'4" overpass and crept under it in 2nd gear. That was early last decade. I as well learned about JUGHANDLES in Jersey quite the incorrect way yet had no incidents.

"Drivers" will CONTINUE to hit low clearance locations until the possible time when driver-less trucks are (well) utilized.

Keep The Shiny Side UP!
CHEERS!!

One article on this overpass revealed that someone put tape over the clearance sign. MassDOT and the city of Chicopee are arguing over whose job it is to remove it. Meanwhile trucks keep hitting the bridge.

I became a Teamster LTL city driver back in 1966.
Before the days of GPS,I learned how to get around with maps & street guides.
I also learned the heights of low tree limbs,utility wires,& bridges,by a simple test.
To ease up & look see if my trailer was above,or below,if below I went on under,if not I got assistance to back away.

During my entire 45 year trucking career I never used a GPS,I kept pretty safe by being old school.

So for anyone to put their total trust in a digital device,for their livelihood,seems a bit crazy to me.

I became a Teamster LTL city driver back in 1966.
Before the days of GPS,I learned how to get around with maps & street guides.
I also learned the heights of low tree limbs,utility wires,& bridges,by a simple test.
To ease up & look see if my trailer was above,or below,if below I went on under,if not I got assistance to back away.

During my entire 45 year trucking career I never used a GPS,I kept pretty safe by being old school.

So for anyone to put their total trust in a digital device,for their livelihood,seems a bit crazy to me.
I was amazed at the number of truck drivers and people in general that cannot read a map. I never used a gps in a truck or a car, still carry my trusty Rand Mc Naly.