Why did you change the forums (again)

Discussion in 'Announcements and Help' started by Jeff, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Jeff

Jeff Administrator

Many Many forum owners have switched from Vbulletin to Xenforo forums for several reasons. I switched due to the crappy product I think they are producing now.

Go check this link out and you will get the idea.
    http://vbtruth.com/

albag and Stimpy like this.
  2. Stimpy

Stimpy Wingnut

You don't have to explain to me why you changed it. ... I'm sure it's for the better. I'm just happy to have some place to go for info and a laugh once in awhile. ... thanks

:17142:

3. albag

albag Pray for peace!

Jeff, the new software is easier to navigate as far as I can tell. You and the mods deserve beatification to tolerate some of the members!:438::6799::6799:

SMOKESTACK and Jeff like this.
  4. Jeff

Jeff Administrator

I send out notices by email to the members and they either don't check their email or it's an old account they don't have access anymore... Then when they need to logon they can't remember their password and since they don't have an updated email address that's my fault.
    Every problem people have with their computers is my fault.
    Users won't post a problem in the problem thread , instead they PM me or email me asking an answer to a problem that has been addressed hundreds of time..
    It's amazing how many people lose their passwords, They want me to reset it manually when we have a system for that here.
    I have all but quit giving email or pm support... I am tired of answering the same questions over and over, then people cry about ads on the site when I give them an option to buy out of them for the price of a Coca-Cola a month, Little do they know how much it costs to run a website with a Premium Server with solid state harddrives (ssd)
    It's a thankless job and very annoying at times, I will just sit back and rake in the hundreds of thousands of dollars I make here a year :regretful:

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
    Sugarfoot and albag like this.
  5. Jeff

Jeff Administrator

The whole site was rebuilt with different software, the previous company that did the friendly urls went out of business and their apps was a security risk for the forums, I tried the redirects for them but it was not possible without editing 800k urls (not an option) I sent an email telling people to use truckingboards.com to get here and then I get emails telling me the old url's are not working... Duh...

albag likes this.
  6. SMOKESTACK

SMOKESTACK Administrator Staff Member

It's raining today = Jeff's fault.

Woody and albag like this.
  7. albag

albag Pray for peace!

:encouragement:Yeah Jeff, you only work at FedEx for the insurance!

Jeff likes this.
  8. Jeff

Jeff Administrator

It's a hobby... I make enough here to pay the bills and send my kid to college plus buy insurance on my own... Haven't you heard how profitable forum ownership is? Hell out of 36,000 members I have about 30 members that are Premium members... I am getting rich off that alone.:17142:

Northern Flash, Elwood and albag like this.
  9. Elwood

Elwood Question Authority

For me, it's a write off....

I reap much more from my investment in TB than the upfront cost.

And, I have no problems with obnoxious 'pop-ups' and annoying ADVERTISEMENTS!!

I am so glad I am able to contribute to your future financial stability, Jeff!
    Your efforts are well worth the investment.

albag and Jeff like this.
  10. PearlyJoe

PearlyJoe Active Member

Jeff - Thank you for running this discussion forum. I have learned and will continue to learn to be a safer truck driver from Truckingboards . As a night line haul driver I really don't know how you find the time, knowing all the time you spend on your real job, not to mention time dedicated to all the other aspects of life ( family, church etc....) THANK YOU!

11. Woody

Woody Sons of Trump

I can't get it up...... it's your fault.

12. Getoverit

Getoverit Well-Known Member

That's funny, woody can't get it up !!! Lol

Sugarfoot and albag like this.