New Penn | why did you come to new penn

screwed again

TB Lurker
Credits
before voting, ask yourself why you came to new penn. i came here for the pay and benefits and job security of a union job. think of the sacrifice and hard work it took to get this job, what you were put thru. most drivers dont even start at new penn with their reputation for how hard we are expected to work. i did not do all that hard work for all the cuts and maybe 25% of the pension. take a stand against these people that want to take away your hard earned reward for making new penn the great job it was. if they close us for having pride, we will find another company who can afford to reward its employees for hard work. hopefully new penn will stay in business, but a no vote is in order to show them we want to be paid for hard work. if new penn can no longer afford to compensate hard work with good pay and benefits, i' ll have to go somewhere else, but first i'll try to keep our our pension at 100 percent with a no vote.

what about the rumor that they was just going to merge you in with YRC ???like they did Roadway ?????or better yet SELL off New Penn and Holland ???? win win for them ??????

Where is the pride in ciosing a company? I beleive there is more pride in trying to save one. I have been at NP over 24 yrs and would like to get a few more. You need to remember NP did not put us in this position YRC did. Im trying to save my job here, Im not interested in starting at the bottom somewhere else. I am just as aware as you that this sucks, but tell whats out there thats better. Maybe the option of merging with YRC under the same conditions we are voting for. Maybe a couple of men can on at ABF at the bottom of the list. A few might even get a non union job. NO vacation, pay part of your oun benifits, 401k if lucky. My nephew works at con way and he loses benifits, holidays, etc without a vote. I will pas an try to have some say in my future.

what about the rumor that they was just going to merge you in with YRC ???like they did Roadway ?????or better yet SELL off New Penn and Holland ???? win win for them ??????

Unfortunately I don't think newpenn can be sold. There are little to no real assets left.

screwed again When you vote no and the co. closes whos going to pay that 100 percent into your pension that your talking about?Just to clarify unemployment doesnt pay into your pension or your health and welfare!! Just thought you needed a statement of fact. .

sale of any subsidiary except china operations will apply snapback clause negating all concessions.
I dont think any sales are in the immediate future.

Does anyone have the letter that was sent to us after our re-vote last year. Or remember what was said in it, about them leaving us alone for a period of time.

screwed again When you vote no and the co. closes whos going to pay that 100 percent into your pension that your talking about?Just to clarify unemployment doesnt pay into your pension or your health and welfare!! Just thought you needed a statement of fact. .

the co. closing is not a statement of fact, it is a threat. vote no, they wont close a profitable co. also- im willing to keep working hard to help new penn survive, but im not willing to vote yes and let yrc ruin our pensions.

screwed again I think you truely believe what you are saying.Unfortunately in the world of billion dollar corporations the profit N.P.makes is a drop in the bucket.Approximately 2 to 3 days operating expense for YRC.If the vote comes in no you wont have a place to work hard at.This is a fact according to the IBT the co. and the banks.Please leave your fantasy land and join the real world ,where you cant always get what you want!

screwed again I think you truely believe what you are saying.Unfortunately in the world of billion dollar corporations the profit N.P.makes is a drop in the bucket.Approximately 2 to 3 days operating expense for YRC.If the vote comes in no you wont have a place to work hard at.This is a fact according to the IBT the co. and the banks.Please leave your fantasy land and join the real world ,where you cant always get what you want!

wow- this is what it's come to. your fellow workers, your union brothers, telling you you live in a fantasy land because you vote to keep the pension you sacrificed and worked your balls off for. thats ok, i'll stay in my fantasy land where a no vote might get my pension restored instead of your fantasy land where you vote away our pension and think you will still afford to retire from this one day. your fantasy land does sound nice, though, where everything the company and union tells you is true, and everyone is looking out for your best interest. nice fantasy.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow- this is what it's come to. your fellow workers, your union brothers, telling you you live in a fantasy land because you vote to keep the pension you sacrificed and worked your balls off for. thats ok, i'll stay in my fantasy land where a no vote might get my pension restored instead of your fantasy land where you vote away our pension and think you will still afford to retire from this one day. your fantasy land does sound nice, though, where everything the company and union tells you is true, and everyone is looking out for your best interest. nice fantasy.[/QUOTE]

That bold print sounds as though ya think it's best to stand alone like the nons.

i dont think its best to "stand alone like the nons". it's the present cricumstances i'm having trouble with.

Last edited by a moderator:
screwed again;How is putting the co.out of buisiness with a no vote going to save your pension?You would have been a perfect O.J.juror, they couldnt ,or wouldnt face the facts either!