TForce | Why Did You Come To Work At "o"

Apo,
Try not to worry about your supervisor. He sounds like an idiot and has no respect for an old timer. Is he the same one that a few years ago had you skipping your lunch to make all of your pickups because he wouldn't hire more drivers? They (Mgmt.) rarely appreciate anything we do but they're sure quick to make their numbers. Do the best you can and forget about this clown.

With all the ga ga about "O" one has to ask why we still think we work for "O"?

Why we think we work for "O"? Because when we are told something is going to change, I called a regional manager to verify that, and was told it was because it was "O"'s policy. This was from one of the same managers that I bet was giving people the riot act when they heard a driver say O or MC, because they no longer existed, it is UPSF now. But when convenient, its "O" policy. Look at everything out west that used to run smooth as silk and and now runs sm"O""O"th as a washboard road.

Well actually I try to see my TM's point of view after I reflect back to getting reamed out for something that wasn't totally my fault in the first place.
Sometimes the way the dock crew loads my route trailer I've got to move skids out of the way of stuff closer to the terminal,to make a some what efficient route,instead of back tracking.
Either way everything takes time to do.

My TM has to do what he has to do because his boss reams him out on a daily basis when he has to join the rest of our regions TM's on their conference call,with the higher ups.

I know my TM could be more understanding,but then again his boss doesn't want to hear any excusses why he isn't making his terminal numbers.

Yikes its this UPS Machine we are working for.
The way they run their whole operation is driving everyone up the wall.

Overnite was really paradise compared to what we have now.

I know I sounded really down in my post,I must admit I'm kind of frustrated at times even though I'm generaly a happy person.

Its just that sometimes the way it goes the dock crew,has to make their numbers so they hurry up and load out our route trailers.
A lot of the time the routes are all messed up because of cross docking from the inbound loads.
Then we city slugs go out to do our best.
A few time consumming stops,and we get backed up.
The TM has the responsibilty of watching over the whole terminal,and his authority figures are all over him,when everything doesn't get done.

Welcome to UPS what more can I say?
Their making us all crazy!

Why we think we work for "O"? Because when we are told something is going to change, I called a regional manager to verify that, and was told it was because it was "O"'s policy. This was from one of the same managers that I bet was giving people the riot act when they heard a driver say O or MC, because they no longer existed, it is UPSF now. But when convenient, its "O" policy. Look at everything out west that used to run smooth as silk and and now runs sm"O""O"th as a washboard road.

Galaxy, some of the reasons you have mentioned is why I said what I did, first of all your regional manager is not going to tell you the truth, as much as you believe he is a truthfull man or woman, they say what you want to hear, this way they spare themselves from looking bad #1 and avoid telling the truth.

The management is being told to keep thier mouths shut, on some things, significant changes to the system are not revealed to them , because of the repuior "O" management had with thier employees to begin with.

Now we are UPSF, when people start getting "O" out of thier heads they will soon realize that these changes we are seeing, will be followed through or the door will not hit your TM on the way out. And shyte rolls down hill. Be ready to be questioned for anything you do, and let a brownie say otherwise.

It may take a while, and I do not mean 10 minutes either, but UPS will bleed into this company, it's already started, and they will have it thier way.

UPS did not buy this company to keep it "O" otherwise we would not have seen the changes we did see thus far. If they thought "O"s management practices were superior to thiers, I am sure they would have left it alone, and they are not, this is the reason why MGNT is being replaced on the top end, and changes are being made in the system.

If "O" was superior to the competition, we would not be driving junk around these city streets, and we do.

I am sorry, as I had said before, it will take some time for people to see the light, and it is comming, I am not saying UPS is perfect, but they have a hold on thing's as opposed to "O".

Wow,I've been called an a$$ kisser...that's quite funny. I get along when I have to. My file has some CAN's in it. I sure as hell didn't leave the man's office with my tail tucked between my legs. I've told many a supervisor to "f" off. That's just how it is. I'm not scared for my job. I can work anywhere. That's what gives me the attituide that I have. Alot of folks that drive for the other non-union LTLs say they would put up with the crap to get the pay we get(yes I've asked). These folks come from R+L,OD,Ward,and Pitt. We have it far better than some of these. Do I think that every thing is peachy ? No way ! Things aren't as bad as the twenty folks on this board singing the blues make it out to be. Just do your job the best you can and don't be a slacker. It'll work out in the end. It all comes out in the wash.

Hey there hillbilly frog are you refering to me like I'm a whiny girl?

Well I would much rather be refered to as a whiny baby then a whiny little girl if you don't mind.

But the truckingboard forums are the best place to cry about our companies.
Maybe crying isn't the word I'm looking for?
How about some of us whinners like to vent with our LTL trucking peer group.
Now then it may be the same as crying.
But venting sounds more manly.

Wow,I've been called an a$$ kisser...that's quite funny. I get along when I have to. My file has some CAN's in it. I sure as hell didn't leave the man's office with my tail tucked between my legs. I've told many a supervisor to "f" off. That's just how it is. I'm not scared for my job. I can work anywhere. That's what gives me the attituide that I have. Alot of folks that drive for the other non-union LTLs say they would put up with the crap to get the pay we get(yes I've asked). These folks come from R+L,OD,Ward,and Pitt. We have it far better than some of these. Do I think that every thing is peachy ? No way ! Things aren't as bad as the twenty folks on this board singing the blues make it out to be. Just do your job the best you can and don't be a slacker. It'll work out in the end. It all comes out in the wash.

Well, I get the impression you come with a set of crystal balls to tell me the job I am doing is'nt so bad, you think I am being a whine ***, well thats good, I am also happy you have the ability to tell your boss to F off, boy that takes a little know how now does'nt it?

Well maybe you enjoy the feray into the hiring process when you see fit, but some of us have resposibility, and want to earn more, wow what a concept, more money, and rules to follow so we can do our job's, wow there is another concept.

And work rules that are not misunderstood or the result of interpretation's, as we so do currently have.

Please, do not begin to comfort yourself into thinking you know what I am going through, you do not.

Well, I get the impression you come with a set of crystal balls to tell me the job I am doing is'nt so bad, you think I am being a whine ***, well thats good, I am also happy you have the ability to tell your boss to F off, boy that takes a little know how now does'nt it?

Well maybe you enjoy the feray into the hiring process when you see fit, but some of us have resposibility, and want to earn more, wow what a concept, more money, and rules to follow so we can do our job's, wow there is another concept.

And work rules that are not misunderstood or the result of interpretation's, as we so do currently have.

Please, do not begin to comfort yourself into thinking you know what I am going through, you do not.

You already have everything that the contract gives you. You are one of the Top Earners in the trucking industry. I can't believe the number of people in this world who have put all of thier eggs on one basket,such as staying in one place for thirty years. Responsibility ? I have plenty. YOU have no idea of what I go through or have gone through with this company ! So,don't act so pompous as to think you are the only one who has had a tough time with the rule book or jackasses in mgt. who don't have sense enough to buy the lead and powder to blow thier own brains out ! You haven't the first clue ! As far as the contract goes,it's a piece of crap ! How about the part of the contract where parcel can pull our trailers and we can pull thiers ? Do you think that you should be paid less than them for pulling the same freight ? Are you a second class employee of UPS ? How about free medical ? Even the people under the NMFA get that ! What did the Teamsters get the hard working employees at UPS freight ? NOTHING MORE THAN THEY ALREADY HAD ! The UNION contract didn't get anyone $hit ! You lost your 401k match + $52.00 a month. Hope Mr. H has a good time on the money his IBT is getting for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING !:cuss:

You already have everything that the contract gives you. You are one of the Top Earners in the trucking industry. I can't believe the number of people in this world who have put all of thier eggs on one basket,such as staying in one place for thirty years. Responsibility ? I have plenty. YOU have no idea of what I go through or have gone through with this company ! So,don't act so pompous as to think you are the only one who has had a tough time with the rule book or jackasses in mgt. who don't have sense enough to buy the lead and powder to blow thier own brains out ! You haven't the first clue ! As far as the contract goes,it's a piece of crap ! How about the part of the contract where parcel can pull our trailers and we can pull thiers ? Do you think that you should be paid less than them for pulling the same freight ? Are you a second class employee of UPS ? How about free medical ? Even the people under the NMFA get that ! What did the Teamsters get the hard working employees at UPS freight ? NOTHING MORE THAN THEY ALREADY HAD ! The UNION contract didn't get anyone $hit ! You lost your 401k match + $52.00 a month. Hope Mr. H has a good time on the money his IBT is getting for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING !:cuss:

First of all , we do not have everything the contract gives us, and you have openly admitted that yourself.

Secondly, to think for one minute, that LTL pay's the same as small package is fooling themselves, and knows absolutely nothing about business.

Thirdly, you can call me pompus , I will accept that, my comments in the last post is in referrance to the fact that no one should have to be brought to the point of telling the boss to F-OFF to begin with, to outrite say such a thing dwells in nothing but insecurity in thier ability to think.

And further more, it shows.You also completely misunderstood everything I had said ,validating my comment, in my last paragraph.

And unless you think you are going to make much more then you currently do, elsewhere considering we are the top paid people in the industry, the only suggesstion at this point is longevity. is it not? And do not start to breakdown the economics of this contract , loosing matching funds at a 3% quarterly gain is not much of a match, yes it is free money, but I can do better without. Particularly a stock fund match.

As far as I am concearned, your argument hold 's no water here, and this debate is definatly over.