Why do Republicans hate America's National Parks?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Magoo, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

I'm hoping its just because they hate Obama

Why do Republicans hate America's National Parks?

'
    Responding to President Obama’s decision last week to protect a stretch of California’s Coast near Point Arena as a new national monument, the House of Representatives is planning to vote next week to overturn a 108 year-old law that presidents of both parties have used to protect iconic American places, including the Grand Canyon, the Statue of Liberty, and Arches National Park.
    The bill, H.R. 1459, aims to block presidents from using the Antiquities Act of 1906 to establish new national monuments by putting caps on how many times it can be used, '

2. dcmilkwagon

dcmilkwagon Armed, not a victim

Why do libs get their news from the Daily KOS? It's like the blind leading the blind.

3. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

OK heres a diffeant source

http://news.yahoo.com/republicans-want-keep-king-obama-locking-away-oil-193254459.html

[h=1]Republicans Want to Keep King Obama From Locking Away Their Oil Land[/h]
    aahaa I thought Republicans had their wallets behind this objection!

"But the more land that's protected, the less land there is for drilling oil. Sen. Mike Lee said as much in a press release last June "
    Republicans have opposed the Antiquities Act for a while. In 1999, The New York Times wrote that "leading Republicans in Congress strongly object to monument declarations as an inappropriate use of the Antiquities Act of 1906 and an end run around Congress." Democratic presidents, predictably, exercise the power more frequently.
    • Jimmy Carter: 11 parks, 4 monuments
    • Ronald Reagan: 2 parks, 4 monuments
    • George H.W. Bush: 1 park, 2 monuments
    • Bill Clinton: 5 parks, 20 monuments
    • George W. Bush: 2 parks, 6 monuments
    • Barack Obama: 1 park, 11 monuments
    Clinton had his own Republican House critic. Rep. James Hansen sponsored legislation to limit the president's power over federal lands, according to The Times. "Democracy isn't always pretty,'' Hansen said at the time. ''But I think we can all agree that it is a lot better than having a king dictate everything from the White House."

4. othertrucker2001

othertrucker2001 Professional Flummoxer

ONE of the reasons I hate Obama is that he closed the National parks to visitors because he was mad at the Republicans for not giving him everything he wanted. That is his sissy baby crap way of getting what he wants. The really sad part is that BOTH SIDES give in to him everytime he does this an Mr. and Mrs. America have to suffer...AGAIN.

5. kboomarang

kboomarang My allah, between pie and mode

One might ask why does Obama hate oil, it brings in tax revenue, provides good paying private sector jobs, provides citizens with a low cost form of energy, and not only sustains the country's economy but most certainly in this case would be a boon to California in tax revenue and jobs which are sorely needed, and maybe some of the oil could be refined to be and used in Airforce One, as wind and solar fall short in giving airplanes enough lift for flight.

6. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

I see that the left is still pushing their talking point of "The Republican Govt. shutdown". They must not be smart enough to figure out that the shutdown didn't affect 99% of us and we think that it was a good thing. Even though the shutdown rests on Obama's shoulders. I hope they shut Washington down again soon.

But as for the National Parks and "drilling", that's just a stupid comment. The current drilling isn't happening on public land anyway, for the most part. It's taking place on private land.

And when do we start construction on the newest monument.......Mount Obamamore? Probably not much chance of drilling there.

[​IMG]

7. Starkravinloon

Starkravinloon Hero's Falling At Home

Next question....Why do Democrats hate progress? I hope it's only because Reagan brought us back from the depths of hell.... Unlike FDR having to start a war to do it....
    How bout Teddy "Mad Dog" Roosevelt opening Federal lands..He opened it briefly for hunting... Maybe because the American people caught wind of his "taxpayer" paid trips to his African Safari trips... What honest Progressive would ever want to harm an animal as a sport, and not for food...LOL

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2014
  8. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

Less jobs = more entitlements= more Democrat votes......Domestic drilling=less foreign dependence and money to his Muslim brothers

9. Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly Drat, Double Drat, and Triple Drat!

FDR started a war? Please enlighten the rest of us as to what "war" you are referring too.

10. Starkravinloon

How many was he involved in?

1. How did FDR get the factories of ammunition up and running so fast after the bombing?
    2. Why an apology to Europe?
    3. How did the news travel so fast to DC for him to make his "infamy" speech?
    4. And how was that speech written so perfect and eloquently? (It was almost like it was written beforehand)

There's a lot of locked up documents that would probably verify this "theory".... Wars these days take months to plan and be equipped for the battlefield.... Knowing the technology back then, how did FDR get with it so quickly?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2014
  11. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

FDR did not "start" the war, but he did everything in his power to get us involved:

Giving England 50 destroyers to bait Germany
    The entire Lend Lease Program (once again to bait Germany)
    Illegally shipping munitons to England
    Stopping the sales of steel and oil to Japan
    (you can insert your favorite Pearl Harbor conspiracy here)

The Depression was not ending in fact in 1937/1938 we dipped back. Europe had recovered the USA had not. Wars are good for the economy.

Back to topic:
    Why does Barry want to claim this area as a national monument?
    It is because of some natural significant or is it because he wants to lock this area away from development?
    I am willing to bet it is the later

12. Dick Dastardly

That's almost as bad ad 9/11 theories that blame Bush. The war had been going on for years. FDR knew it was a matter of when, not if we entered the war. He had been supplying the Brits for years. The factories were already running. The planning had begun years earlier.

13. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

There could be a pond with a delta smelt in it, or maybe even a horned toad. He's pandering to one of the fringe groups.........trust me.

14. Dick Dastardly

So you are saying we shouldn't have entered WW2?

15. Starkravinloon

Tell that to some on here, like Maggie.... Katrina now, was Bush's fault.. I'm almost certain on that one....

16. Starkravinloon

We entered it for the same reason we entered Vietnam.. Almost word for word from each President... Was Nam necessary? Only difference is, we went into Nam without the U.S. supplying S. Vietnam... Almost the same war tactics...

17. Dick Dastardly

Doesn't that overlook Pearl Harbor?

18. Woody

Woody Sons of Trump

You can't answer questions from commy types.... they always dream big and fail miserably.

19. Woody

Woody Sons of Trump

I'd love to go to War as a tank guy..I wanna drive thE big boom boom.. f the Infantry

20. Starkravinloon

So you've heard the conspiracy theories on PH too? I see we're getting a little off topic here and see the questions to answer questions are beginning(does everyone in today's society formed that way of thinking), so for respect for the thread, I digress....