Why do Republicans hate America's National Parks?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Magoo, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Starkravinloon

Starkravinloon Hero's Falling At Home

I think he was referring to "cutting some of the leaches off".... And there are many, and you know it...

2. Starkravinloon

You can't rebuild a city or government overnight.. That's what they wanted, total disability... Their Air Force was one of the best in the world at the time, maritime or Navy was adequate... But no match for ours... They knew this, that's why they made the attempt to disable ours closest to them, Pearl Harbor... We took that very personal... If they could have had refueling, you may be seeing San Diego very differently...

Let me sum this up for you... It was about making a statement to the world... Death and destruction is not a factor during wartime... Or the amount of it either... The more you make, the easier your statement gets through to others... Why do you think there's not been more wars on our soil...

3. Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly Drat, Double Drat, and Triple Drat!

Good point. It basically summarized both our points. Mine being it wasn't necessary to use the bomb. Truman wanted to make a statement. I believe the statement was aimed at the USSR to strengthen our influence in post war reconstruction of Europe.

4. Dick Dastardly

5. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

Some people don't think others have a right to anything not even clean air to breath.
    Lots of us think its the minority's doing it like Reagan used the welfare queen as a kicking boy.
    But truth be told more whites are helped by these programs than minority's are.
    But thats not what comes to mind when we think of it.

6. Dick Dastardly

7. Magoo

You may be looking for this guy if you haven't heard him. I listen to a interview on it and I'm trying now to remember the name of the radio show but he's a guy out of Colorado and his whole thing is interviewing interesting people. But yeah he wrote about The American Decision to use the atomic bomb
    Books by Gar Alperovitz - Gar Alperovitz
    [h=1][/h]
    he made a resonble case of it in the interview, you have to come away thinking he may have figured it out.

8. Magoo

Gar Alperovitz had a simular story to tell, in additon he reminded us Japan was burned out from the American bombing that burned down their citys, their air force was grounded wih no fuel, we would be able to fly over without consequences.
    The emperors people sent a dipomat to Russia who was not at war with Japan the diplomat requested terms of surrender to the USA be passed along only the Empeor would remain off limits all else no conditional surrender.
    Alperovitz said Truman droped the bombs not to destroy Japan but to put the fear into Russia.
    Others say the Japanese land forces would fight to the death if we invaded. I'm sure they would have if they were ordered to but I think they were coming to terms.

9. Starkravinloon

This is not a "white" thing Mags... I don't think I stated anything to that affect.... BTW, Reagan served two terms and was elected convincingly, maybe a "lots of us" thought alike back then...

And maybe after the debacle in DC is over, maybe more will see it that way, convincingly....

10. Woody

Woody Sons of Trump

You talk in circles. ...and end with "part truth."

They start a war....and we are wrong...lol. scaring Russia was a bonus

11. Starkravinloon

It's a strong possibility...

12. Magoo

You probably don't even see it but the people who want your vote know how to influence you without being so bold as to come out and say it.
    If you think theres no prejudice out there in the population and there are those in Republican circles who know how to use that than what can I say

13. Starkravinloon

I'm very well educated Mags in the art of reading between the lines... Of course there's prejudice, from Dem's and Repub's..... You brought up the "color angle" again Mags, not me.. I was speaking in generalities, no certain color of the skin...

You start this **** again and I'll go elsewhere to carry on a more intelligent conversation... That's the problem with this country now, nothing but color coding... I see where the real prejudice lies....

Try practicing this Mags.... "If we can't all get along, we shall all perish as fools"(paraphrasing)..----- MLK

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2014
  14. Woody

Woody Sons of Trump

I never herd a black guy call me a cracker....when the lead starts coming our way....lol.

15. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

Hey! Don't be rude to him. You just destroyed his favorite talking point that he uses to claim that the Republicans want to throw Granny off the cliff.

16. Northern Flash

Geez. I wonder if that could be because the white population has about 6 times as many citizens?:duh:

Someone else please explain this to him.

17. Starkravinloon

No.. I'm tired.. And he's too one-sided... It's a shame that the Dems are like that... But hey, what can you expect from folks who mastered the art of destroying a whole human race.... Maybe that's why they use the Swastika as the face plate for the KKK.....

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2014
  18. Northern Flash

I have to stop wasting my time explaining stuff to him. He's like talking to the wall. Even when you give him a detailed explanation on something, he either ignores it or twists it into something that you didn't even say.

19. Starkravinloon

That's what you get from a "plant"......

20. Northern Flash

The most recent "developments" have me thinking the same way now.