Why do some of our newer drivers have trouble backing up?

StephenT

TB Lurker
Credits
For some reason i've seen more drivers having trouble backing up lately, it's mostly the newer guys who have trouble. I've been working at NCT for over a year and a half, it seems to have started within the past half year.

For some reason i've seen more drivers having trouble backing up lately, it's mostly the newer guys who have trouble. I've been working at NCT for over a year and a half, it seems to have started within the past half year.
Don't worry...CEO has a plan to attract and retain experienced drivers...hire inexperienced drivers for lower rate and benefits...treat veteran drivers with disrespect and no raises...I know it sounds crazy...but he is sure it will work

Tell you what. I spent from Dec 1998 to June 2008 with Jevic. Peddling Brooklyn, north Jersey, the old brick mills in New England, etc.
With a sleeper and 53 footer. Ya get real good fast.
At one point, with the Freightliner FLD's and a right side mirror that had almost 360 degree range,I could blind almost as well as sight side

Oh yes on the way out stop off at the Bronx and drop 3 pallets of beans at Rosarios market.

you have to unload by hand they don't have a fork lift

NCT the company that cares about the employee ..:fingure::fingure::fingure: 53 ft trailers for local delivery's .. A N J state trooper ask me what are you doing with that 53 ft trailer on this small street . He said don't your company care about your safety and the safety of others .. and you know what i told him ? They are greedy people and don't care about nobody and the size of the trailers for small streets . :fan: Yes ! people and you don't need a union , just a ever last jar of lube,:banana: Too poor to look for a job . Too lazy to find a better job.:hide:

That is the company hiring drivers with less experience,Back at the dirt lot in Glassboro you had to have 5 + years ,Now I believe they are hiring with 1 year, And after Peddling freight here for 12 plus hours a day with '53's some of them need to hit the sack!!!

Tell you what. I spent from Dec 1998 to June 2008 with Jevic. Peddling Brooklyn, north Jersey, the old brick mills in New England, etc.
With a sleeper and 53 footer. Ya get real good fast.
At one point, with the Freightliner FLD's and a right side mirror that had almost 360 degree range,I could blind almost as well as sight side

It is an art that can only get better with practice!

And artist get paid very well ..The more they paint they are worth more .. Not at N CT they just make more money for themselves ..