Why do they ask....???

pro1driver

I don't wanna go fishing, even though i got stuff
Credits
Every time I check my emails, from my various addresses, I have some in my spam folder.

So I click onto that, and can see who the spam is from.

Then I select "delete". (I never open as it can be a virus, etc)

Why do they ask if I am sure I want to delete, when I clearly had chosen to do so....???

Another in the annoyances of the 'puter world.

Every time I check my emails, from my various addresses, I have some in my spam folder.

So I click onto that, and can see who the spam is from.

Then I select "delete". (I never open as it can be a virus, etc)

Why do they ask if I am sure I want to delete, when I clearly had chosen to do so....???

Another in the annoyances of the 'puter world.

There should be a box to check, asking something like "do not show this message again,"when the prompt comes on your screen.

Check the box if that is your choice.

Did you not realize that technology has a CYA function?

Here's a thought. Only emails from contacts are allowed to our inboxes. Everyone else must go thru the spam filter first. BY DEFAULT.

Here's a thought. Only emails from contacts are allowed to our inboxes. Everyone else must go thru the spam filter first. BY DEFAULT.

Well, I think I said i have emails in my spam folder. they go there if the address is not recognized, but then many times i get email forwarded into the spam folder, from people i know.

but that is not the problem

the problem is that when I CHOOSE to delete those spam emails, and a box pops up asking if i am sure i want to delete the spam emails

well of course i am sure, i chose to delete them!

why does it ask me if i am sure...........????

there should be no question about it.

this is what i am saying.

and this is true of all my email programs.

don't you guys get a confirmation box asking if YOU are sure you want to delete the spam?

Like Elwood stated: .....CYA function.
I like it because randomly I seek to delete when in fact I sought to archive resulting from my A.D.H.D.
My Android as well has the "Are you sure?" application from the Factory for when I want to shut it down.

That question (& similar styles) were not available or presented 15 years ago when people HAD and well displayed their Common Sense attribute.
That question (and similar styles) are for the X or Z generation that never had a LIFE without computers and are the same people that drive like there is no one else on all the roads and believe in the "maintenance free for 100,000 miles" tripe as evidenced by those vehicles in break down lanes and elsewhere, butt eyem jest sayin'!!

One way to eliminate the aggravation is to simply disconnect, or Turn On (You did), Tune In (You have), DROP OUT.
CHEERS!!

In the settings for my email (on my phone) there is a setting to "not ask" when deleting emails. CPU does not have that option.