TForce | Why do UPS drivers go so slow?

greezy trucker said:
But that is why I shove the pedal thru the floor.....Cause my girl is hot and I don't see her enough as it is......

GT... ask the mother of the 14 yr old girl that lost her life 2 weeks ago to a driver only doing 65 mph, she lost the whole left side of her face in the wreck, her uncle is still in a coma, the passenger in the front seat lost her baby that would have been born at the end of this month. 100s of students went to say goodbye, and for some this was thier very 1st lost of a loved friend. The father to the little girl
insisted a open casket so these kids can see it can happen to anyone at any time any where. the girl was a Jr. cheerleader. 1st yr of high school, had everything to look farward too.. the speeder was also a student from the same high school he was only on his way to the Friday night high school football game. He says the only thing he remembers before the wreck was he heard a pop. this was a student that had carried a 4.0 GPA all 12 yrs of school and already been accepted with a full ride to Harvard. You see it can happen to anyone... and I'm not pickin on you please don't feel I am

greezy trucker said:
900,000 in the snow and everything else God blessed these mountains with!!!!!!
Ya right, I'll bet the only snow his tractor has seen is on the picture that is on his calendar he has stuck to his dash.

safe drivers rock

galaxy99dx said:
Ya right, I'll bet the only snow his tractor has seen is on the picture that is on his calendar he has stuck to his dash.

Galaxy why the criticism of negative utilitarianism, suggesting degrees of negativity in your typing. You are suggesting that it can't happen? Darling it can and its not all that unheard of. In my 25 yrs of driving,13 which was OTR and 1/2 a million safe driving, across the US and Can. never a scratch. The other 12 was all local which everyone knows your chances of a dent, scratch or wreck become greater. You know I remember when I 1st started driving and I'm sure so do a few others on the road, I remember when I pulled into a truckstop to park for dinner and a few more pulled in with me, we all would pull forward until the guy next to us got parked then the next guy would back up and get parked and so on. I haven't seen anything like that happen in along time. You don't even see people flash thier lights to tell someone come back over. Now its go like the dickins and the hell with everyone else. But I guess they don't teach that in them REDNECK driving school. But then I learned how to drive from driving a hay truck on the ranch when I was 11 and then hauled cattle to the sales yards when I was 15 or maybe 16 not sure that was many many yrs ago. At those ages we didn't drive fast either, didn't need to draw any attention. besides being a female drew to much attention as it was.

Galaxy can you tell me what it means when you see a driver on the otherside of the highway look over to you and puts thier hands together then make a motion with them as if to open a book??

Both you guys need to feel good about yourself.

900,000 ---1.000.000 miles is hard to receive in these times and days.

Bar&Grill said:
Galaxy why the criticism of negative utilitarianism, suggesting degrees of negativity in your typing. You are suggesting that it can't happen? Darling it can and its not all that unheard of. In my 25 yrs of driving,13 which was OTR and 1/2 a million safe driving, across the US and Can. never a scratch. The other 12 was all local which everyone knows your chances of a dent, scratch or wreck become greater. You know I remember when I 1st started driving and I'm sure so do a few others on the road, I remember when I pulled into a truckstop to park for dinner and a few more pulled in with me, we all would pull forward until the guy next to us got parked then the next guy would back up and get parked and so on. I haven't seen anything like that happen in along time. You don't even see people flash thier lights to tell someone come back over. Now its go like the dickins and the hell with everyone else. But I guess they don't teach that in them REDNECK driving school. But then I learned how to drive from driving a hay truck on the ranch when I was 11 and then hauled cattle to the sales yards when I was 15 or maybe 16 not sure that was many many yrs ago. At those ages we didn't drive fast either, didn't need to draw any attention. besides being a female drew to much attention as it was.

Galaxy can you tell me what it means when you see a driver on the otherside of the highway look over to you and puts thier hands together then make a motion with them as if to open a book??

Both you guys need to feel good about yourself.

900,000 ---1.000.000 miles is hard to receive in these times and days.

Would you say statistics in this case would infact be more appropriate?

Negative Utilitarianism certainly bases no debate in this case without them!!!!! A mear suggestion that "it is not that unheard of "promotes no tangebility in such a debate, nor does the "once apon a time" fairytale of one particular person. ( no offense of coarse ) I am not suggesting it does'nt happen, but I am willing to bet it most likely does'nt.

You all need to lighten up.....I take my job very seriously.....I don't get all wound up before I go to work just because I'm dying to go kill someone....And no the company could really give a sh$t how far I have went or whatever....I have seen those statistics in action....Finding someone dead in their car due to a miscalcultion on another drivers part...Pulling truck drivers out of their truck because they thought the could be a racecar driver...So chill out and read my title "Intellectual Donkey".....Look for the hidden definition....And Gallaxy your right, I am really lying and just a dock worker that is still trying to get my forklift license....I'll grow up someday and be the PRO you are......

Heah greezy trucker your something like me when I get my dander up over the low thinking of some people that can only feel good about themselves if they cut down others around them.

I say we become very well versed in the fine art of sarcasum,being in the trucking industry for any length of time,and dealling with all the different personalities of people we come in contact with.

I've found in my 43 year plus driving carrer its truely amazing what you can get away saying to people face to face,as long as you have a smile on your face.

When you add laughter to your verbale sparring matches,they can't figure out where your coming from?

I find people very fasinating,sometimes after I get done talking with an irate customer they don't know where they are coming from.

Oh my its a good life when your happy,and can shake all the bad off,concidering the source,than go on your merry way.

Safety is a habit that you have to learn to live with.
Once you get the mind to be safe.
Than learn the best methods to use.
You do it enough,before long you won't even have to think that hard to do what you should be doing.

It will just be a natural thing to do.
All part of your ever day work routine.

When I instruct safe work habits to my own co-workers I always say if you don't think you can do something safe,than don't do it at all.
In every case if you know better than go ahead.
Something bad happens the blame will always fall on you,and your poor decision making.

greezy trucker said:
....And Gallaxy your right, I am really lying and just a dock worker that is still trying to get my forklift license....I'll grow up someday and be the PRO you are......
HA!,,, I knew it.

Apostolic said:
Safety is a habit that you have to learn to live with.
Once you get the mind to be safe.
Than learn the best methods to use.
You do it enough,before long you won't even have to think that hard to do what you should be doing.

It will just be a natural thing to do.
All part of your ever day work routine.

When I instruct safe work habits to my own co-workers I always say if you don't think you can do something safe,than don't do it at all.
In every case if you know better than go ahead.
Something bad happens the blame will always fall on you,and your poor decision making.
Take a break for safety sake!!!!!!

Not to mention that most of those double 's are full of freight.They are safe courtious,profesional drivers that go the speed limit.They make good money and dont have to run like a nut to get where they are going.Its just a job not a big rig thing for them.Fine profesional drivers that have probally ran more miles backwards than most of the big 100 mph truck drivers out there .

I never have to worrie about them coming over on me and taking my mirror off when they pass me or side swiping me like I do with 8 out of 10 fast trucks out there either.
We need more profesional drivers like them out there and less speed freak cowboys.

steve5 said:
What happened to Stupid Monkey?:razz:
My wife said this one fit me better....And this way it will free up Stupid Monkey for Gallaxy there he needs a title and it kind of fits and he doesn't seem to be to original....

greezy trucker said:
My wife said this one fit me better....And this way it will free up Stupid Monkey for Gallaxy there he needs a title and it kind of fits and he doesn't seem to be to original....

Yep, who names themselves after a cb radio anyway? Just kidding gal.

greezy trucker said:
OK, ,,,, BYTE me. Darn forklift drivers anyway.

steve5 said:
Yep, who names themselves after a cb radio anyway? Just kidding gal.
I was named after the region of space from which our new masters will come, right after Hillary retires from politics. She scares them.

i guess that"s why the union need"s more member"s cause working like that at that kind of pay sooner or later the money is going to run out.see why they need a union cause they are riding the clock and costing the company money.