Central Transport | Why do you guys stay at vitran?

Phillman

TB Lurker
Credits
It took me a while to work up the courage to get another job with this economy and looking back I'm glad I did. (not really much risk considering how low the bar was). all I would have kept doing over there would have been watching more runs get cut every bid shrinking my income by substantial amounts each time and quarter after quarter hearing b.s. excuses for not giving me the competitive progressive wage increases they lied to me about during my interview. I worked there for a few years and I have to say working there was like living in a soap opera.

one main reason, seniority I know it doesn't mean anything here but I have given over half of my driving career to PJAX/ Vitran and I still hope for a miracle to happen and pull us out of the doom and gloom we has sunk into.

It took me a while to work up the courage to get another job with this economy and looking back I'm glad I did. (not really much risk considering how low the bar was). all I would have kept doing over there would have been watching more runs get cut every bid shrinking my income by substantial amounts each time and quarter after quarter hearing b.s. excuses for not giving me the competitive progressive wage increases they lied to me about during my interview. I worked there for a few years and I have to say working there was like living in a soap opera.
The lack of WILL.....To act.

Train, you are funnier than $HIT ! I will take you up on the free trip to DAL, but, I am buying all the crown and food down there Bro. We are going to Ruth Chris my man !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Damn Dude you are high tone.....I love Ruth Chris....The best steak in Dallas. I will take it.....But the rest is on me.

cause it's like fudgie said you can't put in so much time and not hope it will turn around. if they could just get out of this damn fed ex mode and start to be the new new new vitran and scrap all the crap they have been doin. the truth is nobody want's to come here and work it is that bad and it is hard for anybody who works here. the stress the stupidy and lack of common sence by all who are blessed with a title, it is company wide i said i would see it threw till the end but my mind has changed. i mean if there was just a glimmer of hope i would feel different. but they have no clue.they say they want drivers with 3 years road exp. i think anyone involved in trucking should have had aleast 3 to 5 years in a seat behind the wheel doing what we do in order to even have a job in this industry just because you stayed at a holiday inn express. dose'nt make you a mang. in the trucking industry or dispatcher or router if you have anything to do with the drivers you should have to meet this requirement. not somebody off the street.

Another reason why I stay is because I'm mentally unstable.....bi-polar.....and suffer from paranoid schizophrenia......haha:hide:

I have set my sights on one company. I will leave when I can go there. The reason I do not leave for just any other job is because of seniority. Too, I know there are places just as bad if not worse than Vitran. The reason I am not leaving for a place that is a little better is like the saying goes "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush."

As it stands for me I know what it will take for me to turn in my notice to Vitran, and I pretty much know what Vitran has to do to cause me to stop trying for the other job. I have set the standards and waiting to see which company wins.

Quite frankly I hope Vitran is where I finish out my driving career. I have no desire to start over somewhere else.

Will Vitran fire you for turning the key to the on position without having your seatbelt on? Will Vitran fire u for not padlocking an empty trailer? Will Vitran fire u for pulling out of a dock and parking out of the way to do your paperwork so other carriers can back into the dock?

As of yet they have not reached that level....Companies can fire you for any reason they want, sure they might find themselves in court but that has never stopped them before. Ride it out people. Stranger things have happened...10 years ago no one would have ever guessed OD would be the best LTL company in the industry. Don't walk away until you must. Don't buy into all the hype. No one really knows how this will all play out. I just play along to kill time.

Will Vitran fire you for turning the key to the on position without having your seatbelt on? Will Vitran fire u for not padlocking an empty trailer? Will Vitran fire u for pulling out of a dock and parking out of the way to do your paperwork so other carriers can back into the dock?

who gave you them ideas?

you will get fired for locking horns with a customer, pulling out of one of our docks without closing your (roll up of course)door, the dock door, and putting an orange safety cone up,,,, doing something to injure another employee (horseplay or stupidity)

we have plenty to prove you just need to punch in to keep your job,, some pull 11 hour days and do half what the rest of us do, TM can do nothing about it, he needs someone in that seat, so what can they do but leave them alone until things get better and we actually have more applications than driver openings, then start replacement

I worked for Chris Trucking longer than that. The Dugan's were good people and treated us right. When it was TNT Dugan it was good....When it was USF Dugan it was good. Chris Dugan was taught by his dad to treat people with respect....he never lost sight of that. Vitran has.

who gave you them ideas?

you will get fired for locking horns with a customer, pulling out of one of our docks without closing your (roll up of course)door, the dock door, and putting an orange safety cone up,,,, doing something to injure another employee (horseplay or stupidity)

we have plenty to prove you just need to punch in to keep your job,, some pull 11 hour days and do half what the rest of us do, TM can do nothing about it, he needs someone in that seat, so what can they do but leave them alone until things get better and we actually have more applications than driver openings, then start replacement

Heck the one person I work with has rearended one car because he feel asleep and less than a year latter he took the steps off a nother truck when he hit the guide ralls. And DOT has put him out of service at least once for being futiged. Not to mention when there are a wake he drives like a manica.
So I wouldnt worry about getting fired for stating a truck and not having your seat belt on.

I have set my sights on one company. I will leave when I can go there. The reason I do not leave for just any other job is because of seniority. Too, I know there are places just as bad if not worse than Vitran. The reason I am not leaving for a place that is a little better is like the saying goes "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush."

As it stands for me I know what it will take for me to turn in my notice to Vitran, and I pretty much know what Vitran has to do to cause me to stop trying for the other job. I have set the standards and waiting to see which company wins.

Quite frankly I hope Vitran is where I finish out my driving career. I have no desire to start over somewhere else.
A bird in your hand- poops on your wrist.