Central Transport | Why do you guys stay at vitran?

we stay cause we have put in the time and effort. we stay for the reason that we have invested so much time with this that you can only hope and pray that some how it will turn around. who knows what will happen. but if it by some twist of fate it happens i want to be here. they have tried to change everything but the ones that are killing us. when and if they wake up and start to address those issues with as much effort as they have put into all the other items they feel are more important then and only then will we start to come out of this. but this petty bs they keep playing around with is just pushing us closer to the point of no return. you can talk until you are blue in the face to these nuckelnuts but they cannot or will not think out side the box they are drunk on there own ego's and brain washed in thinking that there system works when all results show it is not working. just the loss of our coustomer base alone should have slapped them into common sence but this has not happend yet. the claims alone again should have woke them up but no. the solution is there we tried everything elese now let's try common sence what do we have to loose .change the approach change the catch phrase not to chasing greatness cause it sounds like something you are never going to do. maybe it should say changing our reputation one coustomer at a time.

we stay cause we have put in the time and effort. we stay for the reason that we have invested so much time with this that you can only hope and pray that some how it will turn around. who knows what will happen.

All you can do, is all you can do daysofglory. Try to not to take it personally. Thanks for caring, you are one of the few. :notworthy:

Not being a Lifer at the V or having that much time in. I stay because it is a 5 day a week job which gives me more than enough hours. The start time could be better, but the co-workers are friendly, the job is not that difficult with good days and bad. That's Life. Nobody is calling me up to hire me anywhere else, though a few applications have been put in elsewhere. The pay is more than what I was getting at my last gig. I have healthcare for the wife and I, even though it cost me 20% plus the weekly cost. The rumors of closing are just that, because nobody from corporate will send you anymore B.S. video's. You got to love the equipment. Where else could a guy have more fun.:clapping:

Last edited by a moderator:
I worked for Chris Trucking longer than that. The Dugan's were good people and treated us right. When it was TNT Dugan it was good....When it was USF Dugan it was good. Chris Dugan was taught by his dad to treat people with respect....he never lost sight of that. Vitran has.

I worked at USF Dugan it was a great place to work I still miss that job. I stayed to the end moving equipment it was sad. Yellow bought us just to kill us and they are still paying the price. I could have gone to vitran friends there warned me off.

I worked at USF Dugan it was a great place to work I still miss that job. I stayed to the end moving equipment it was sad. Yellow bought us just to kill us and they are still paying the price. I could have gone to vitran friends there warned me off.

Well said 12pack. Riding a horse into the ground effects you for life and I keep trying to tell these guys that!

I am ready to jump ship at Vitran. Mainly because of mismanagement, no benefit because of seniority, no chance to move up or have any other choice of routes, if available. Management and corporate people stink, and do not listen to the needs of the drivers and do not care about the needs of the drivers. Working my tail off and jumping thru hoops time and time and time again, doing what I am told and asked to work a shift with little or no notice without refusing NOT ONCE, and get NOTHING in the end. Not one ******* penny!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
we stay cause we have put in the time and effort. we stay for the reason that we have invested so much time with this that you can only hope and pray that some how it will turn around. who knows what will happen. but if it by some twist of fate it happens i want to be here. they have tried to change everything but the ones that are killing us. when and if they wake up and start to address those issues with as much effort as they have put into all the other items they feel are more important then and only then will we start to come out of this. but this petty bs they keep playing around with is just pushing us closer to the point of no return. you can talk until you are blue in the face to these nuckelnuts but they cannot or will not think out side the box they are drunk on there own ego's and brain washed in thinking that there system works when all results show it is not working. just the loss of our coustomer base alone should have slapped them into common sence but this has not happend yet. the claims alone again should have woke them up but no. the solution is there we tried everything elese now let's try common sence what do we have to loose .change the approach change the catch phrase not to chasing greatness cause it sounds like something you are never going to do. maybe it should say changing our reputation one coustomer at a time.

Gotta say Im sry and welcome to little fedex. Fedex is the same way just deeper pockets. Heads soo far up their own a$$ that they cant figure out that things would go so much better if they just let the people do their job, but they feel they can get better results by ruling with an iron fist. Again Im sry your stuck with some of our idiots and I feel your pain.

i feel i am getting punished for something i did in a past life,,,, i thought i was doing o.k. in this one...... must be mistaken...

i feel i am getting punished for something i did in a past life,,,, i thought i was doing o.k. in this one...... must be mistaken...
Yes you are sadly mistaken....You did fine in your past life....You sold your soul to the devil in this life when you hired on with Vitran.