FedEx Freight | Why do you NOT want the union

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fred smith has been indicted on forgery charges and was involved in two fatal car accidents including a hit and run.
you make it sound like it was yesterday.

does it make any better? no, but those charges were 40 years ago, and were dismissed, this being before he was the power player he is today.
walsh, on the other hand plead guilty to his charges, due to overwhelming evidence, while being associated with the power players of the teamsters, and also is very current.

back to the title of the thread, i believe its not so much the union we dont want, its the teamsters.

Here's why I don't want the Union at FedEx:

"The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that last year median weekly earnings for union members were $200 higher than for non-union workers. That's not pocket change, and it doesn't even account for the superior benefits enjoyed by union members," said Labor Secretary Thomas Perez.

I don't want anything like that :poke:

I thought this post is about why you don't want Union
Someone just posted a link about the teamsters and then turns around and likes s post about being off topic, the two post were off setting penaltys, 5 yards and repeat 3rd down!!!

you make it sound like it was yesterday.

does it make any better? no, but those charges were 40 years ago, and were dismissed, this being before he was the power player he is today.
walsh, on the other hand plead guilty to his charges, due to overwhelming evidence, while being associated with the power players of the teamsters, and also is very current.

back to the title of the thread, i believe its not so much the union we dont want, its the teamsters.
Read the article a few times and cant find the word Teamsters anywhere

"The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that last year median weekly earnings for union members were $200 higher than for non-union workers. That's not pocket change, and it doesn't even account for the superior benefits enjoyed by union members," said Labor Secretary Thomas Perez.

"Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it."

"The grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence."

Then there's this one:

"Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore."

All attributed to some smart person who I can't recall at the moment.

Purple hammer and another one are the only ones objecting.Pretty narrow bunch if you ask me.
. The main reason the Fedex TB site sees more pro union supporters is that most of the ones posting that agenda don't work for Fedex. The majority are employed by our Competitors who are union carriers. Just because a few of our drivers are the most vocal anti union posters doesn't mean that a lot of other drivers don't agree, many read to educate the

Isn't it so great that we live in this great entitlement country. Go back up and read the article blade posted about health care where it cost Fedex 1.5 billion in health care. I guess that's just chump change to you there smurf. So if we get this grand contract the pro guys claim where is the money going to come from to pay for these awesome bennies. Let me guess you want someone who went to college got their degree in business or economics to take a pay cut so we can have a lucrative contract. You tell me where you can go be a truck driver and be home every day/night and still make 60-100k a year please enlighten me I might go apply.
For as many employees as they have and the revenue they generate it is chump change........

History shows that "chump change" leads to consessions.
Let me ask you redracer. Would you not agree to monetary and benefits concessions that if by doing so could benefit your company and secure your own future in tough economic times? Keeping in mind that these concessions maintained a wage and benefits package that few companies can rival?

Let me ask you redracer. Would you not agree to monetary and benefits concessions that if by doing so could benefit your company and secure your own future in tough economic times? Keeping in mind that these concessions maintained a wage and benefits package that few companies can rival?
If that's what the company had asked us to do...for the future of the company...then yes....but I've been here 20 years and this company has never asked me to do such. Even during the most recent depression, it was management that took the concessions, NOT the employees. We did go one year with no raise but we've never lost anything....and I'd also say we have a wage and benefits pkg that few companies can rival....just as most in our industry does.

Are these numbers for private sector unions only or do they also include the public sector unions?

Leaving him brutally beaten and stabbed he returned to work the next day? I don't condone this type of thing! I can say I have been a teamster since 1975 and have never once have I ever been threatened or disrespected!! A few heated arguments, but that's it !!!
I think you may have misread the article, where did it say he was brutally beaten and stabbed and he returned to work the next day?
I've read it twice and I still can't find it....please help!

From the National right to freeload er I mean work foundation. Pretty slanted piece. I dont condone violence but Why didnt "Earthly" Carter explain to his daughter that she has all that she does, because people before her made a sacrifice so that her father can have a good paying job? I also find it funny how these foundations like to always tie "union bosses" into their rhetoric. Strikes are voted on by memebership. But continue on with your ignorance. Its entertaining.

Last edited:
If that's what the company had asked us to do...for the future of the company...then yes....but I've been here 20 years and this company has never asked me to do such. Even during the most recent depression, it was management that took the concessions, NOT the employees. We did go one year with no raise but we've never lost anything....and I'd also say we have a wage and benefits pkg that few companies can rival....just as most in our industry does.

We as drivers did take a cut (concession). Remember the quarterly bonus? While we were never "asked" to take that concession, we clearly lost it. Worst part? We have still not gotten it back... Did we agree to those terms, giving up what was used to offset lower raises in the year it was created?

Are these numbers for private sector unions only or do they also include the public sector unions?
Hmmm... I suspect it would include both.

Historically, Public sector jobs didn't pay as well as the private sector, but in return they offered good benefits and the highest degree of stability and job security.

Status
Not open for further replies.